4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Same

4 years ago

same

4 years ago

Only reason it's dropped in price is because they are going to screw ya over with the new 30 euro dlc out in March

4 years ago

Tons of fun content for $3. No one is getting 'screwed over'.

4 years ago

I disagree. They make most of their money from dlc and microtransactions. The huge discount might actually encourage people to spend more on dlc and microtransactions because "hey, the game was almost free anyway". Never trust deals too good to be true, even more so coming from the AAA games industry.

4 years ago

....how is that anyone's problem.

Because you don't feel like you have any self-control....why does it matter whether someone else decides that an expansion is worth $30.

I've put 33 hours into The Division 2. Got it for free with my graphics card. The base game is well worth $3. That's the simple reality of it.

4 years ago*

It's not because you or me or anyone else can get the base game and not any extra that everybody else can. These games and systems are designed in a predatory way to get people to spend money. And guess what, most of their absurdly high profits come from a minuscule percentage of players - what they call "whales". And not every whale is people with spare cash. A lot of times it's just people with tendencies that these games are built to prey upon. If you don't feel that personally, you're just not the target demographic.

The reality isn't always the simplest line of thought. And yes, this is everyone's problem, because even if you don't care about people getting screwed over, which seems like you don't, these guys will keep coming up with more and more schemes to make inconceivable amounts of money. And it's just a matter of time before they affect you in some way, be it by getting your money by tapping into your brain with a character or franchise you really like, or, at the very least, by ruining a game or franchise you used to like by chopping the game into pieces and selling it separately, making the grind a chore to incentivize using microtransactions, shoving social elements into a previously single player game, etc etc.

4 years ago

This

4 years ago

You understand that car dealerships sell lemons too, right?

You're no global protector of 'bad consumers'. If someone buys a bad deal...that's on them. $3 for The Division 2 is not a bad deal. So cut the shit already.

4 years ago

Except they don't sell cars that are chopped into pieces and need lemon juice to be glued back together. If someone with psychological tendencies gets specifically targeted by robust systems designed to prey upon their vulnerabilities, that's on them, huh. Yeah, the poor stay poor because they don't work hard enough and the homeless stay homeless because they walk the streets instead of working and nothing is to be blamed but themselves. Deals sure are simple.

4 years ago*

People just love to complain about everything and anything. 🤣 Even on a super deal like this.. Some folks snowball into a butterfly effect of the corporate greed that will eventually end the human race.

It's... Just.. Too much

View attached image.
4 years ago

Your issues with a game and the company that makes them, are your problem.
I don't need you to worry about my wallet - I'm smart enough to make my own purchases that will benefit me and my budget.
Anyone with a brain and common sense can make their own minds and decisions for themselves when it comes to buying anything.
If you have a problem with that, that's your problem.

4 years ago

+1

4 years ago

All the DLC that came out in year one was free. This is an actual expansion. Nobody is getting ripped off or cheated. They are actually going towards the season design as other games have adapted. I believe this is actually better since they can build on the game and we get to keep using all the stuff we've already worked hard for. For $3 that the game is on sale for is an excellent bargain and you get tons of content to play. By the time you finish all that content, you'll most likely see a sale on the new expansion.

4 years ago

if the dlc was free what was the point in the Season Pass then.

4 years ago

You got 7-day early access to the new episodes, some cosmetic stuff, an extra daily challenge, and then there was some small lore stuff but nothing you would notice.

So, for example, episode 3 just came out this week so if you had bought the pass then you could play it now. If not then you have to wait for a week. You don't miss out on anything.

4 years ago

The base game is worth the price for sure but I said that the price only dropped because of the new content coming out in March. This is 30 euro and hence people getting screwed over. If you just stick to the base game then you will get the value and fun but it's going along the Destiny route with the dlc pricing. I enjoy playing The Division as I did Destiny 2 but their is a pattern - give the base game cheap and cash in with the overprices dlc. Was the same with The Division's year one pass - total waste of money.

4 years ago

So just don't buy the dlc, till it's costing 5$ or so. Easy peasy. Just because they want you to spend 30$ on it, guess what, you don't have to.

I bought Div2 for a 5er and i'm gonna get my moneys worth out of it and then move on, till next year the expansion will be cheap af. Got enough other games to play in the meantime.

4 years ago

I think you are missing the whole point here - base game is worth the price and the dlc route is going down the Destiny 2 path. My original comment was that the base game is worth the price and the dlc isn't. Not sure why you are unable to see this and miss the point. Other people on here as well as other sites have also commented about the base game being worth it while the dlc is a cash grab so not sure what your point is? Waiting is always going to work out best for the player.

4 years ago

How is selling an actual expansion for a game a cash grab? Games back in the day you only sell expansions to add new content. Nobody complained then about cash grabs.

4 years ago

Back in the day you got the entire game in one go and dlc practically didn't exist. Nobody complained because the game wasn't released with bugs, pay to win crates and dlc which would need to be paid several times a year. Look at the way Destiny went and read about how many people got stung over that cash grab - division is going along the same route.

4 years ago

Division 2 gave you the whole game in one go. There are no loot crates in Division 2 you have to buy to get better weapons or armor that make you better at the game, no loot crates in destiny to for that either. People seem to think they deserve anything new that comes out for games for free. Division 2 has been out for almost a year which all year 1 content was free and now they are charging $30 for the expansion. You could just not play the game or play it and not buy the new content. They could just release a whole new game and charge you $60. At least this way you can still keep playing with the character and account you put a lot of work into.

Destiny 2 going the way it did doesn't stop you from playing the game and enjoy the content. You get quite a lot of game for free. You also don't need to buy into seasons if you don't want to. I have been playing it since Forsaken came out and with this current season I'm just burnt out. I can skip a season and maybe come back and I am not really out anything. Even if I bought the new season it's only $10 and if I hate it I feel better with $10 then paying $60 and hating it. I have no problem with Division doing this same thing.

In the end, it's what you want to spend your money on. I will pay for new content on the games I play and enjoy to keep giving me fresh stuff to do if that content is quality and good. You keep calling it a cash grab but every game that comes out is a cash grab. It's all made to generate money so they can stay in business. If the new content comes out as garbage and they put no effort into it expecting people just to buy it because they are a fan then yes that is the cash grab you are thinking of. So far Destiny 2 has put out quality content for the $10 each season costs. Yes, some of it could be a little better but there is still value in it. We have yet to see what Division 2 seasons will look like.

4 years ago

I don't expect things for free and I have almost 4000 games so it's not like I haven't spent a lot of money over the years. I bought Division 1 including the dlc, Destiny 1&2 including dlc etc and the base games were more than fair enough for value. I play The Division 2 alot and expect to buy the dlc for March. As for the content and quality as well as the value for the dlc that remains yet to be seen. Division 2 as many players have pointed out was a reskin of Division 1 and the fact that sales weren't what they wanted made them rethink everything. I hope that the dlc is worth it but at the same time there really isn't a huge choice of games to play in the same vein as Destiny/Division so got to bite the bullet. As long as the content is worth it then I will buy it.

4 years ago

I get what you're saying. When Division 2 came out though people raved about how great it was. It really improved on the first game with a lot of stuff. Some people may have just enjoyed it a lot because Anthem was a bomb and nothing else was really out like it besides Destiny sort of. I really do hope the new content is good and hope the season model works for them and gives us some fun entertainment.

4 years ago

Initially after trying The Division 2 alpha/beta I wasn't so keen on it. I thought the gameplay was off as well as the graphics. It's come a long way and I love playing it. I really hope that the inventory for items gets less cluttered and is easier to manage as well as worthwhile dlc. Ubisoft are a company that I like and have bought most of their games. Anthem I enjoyed and finished but little to do once you get to the end. It has promise but not sure if it will ever recover from it's launch woes. The atmosphere of Division one is still much more memorable for me concerning it's setting so am hoping the dlc is similar - bring back winter!!!!

4 years ago

Exactly. I got the game for a fiver and the only thing I regret is not spending another 2 bucks to get the deluxe/season 1 pass bundle. Yeah the new dlc is overpriced a bit but the content does look pretty good, what there is of it.

4 years ago

$40.19+ for me.
What does "+" denote?

4 years ago

"+" denotes that there are multiple options for purchase, with different prices.

For me:

Standard Edition = $2.99
Warlords of New York Edition = $32.99
Warlords of New York Ultimate Edition = $52.79

4 years ago

Oh I see. I didn't scroll down the pages, so I didn't notice it. Thanks

4 years ago

€9.99 here, but I already got it for €4.99 on Summer sale with the 10€ coupon.

4 years ago

1999 rubles ($31,64), for Russia, the game is sold without a discount

View attached image.
4 years ago

Prices were updated - now Standard Edition for 99,95 rubles (~1,5$) on Epic.
At the Ubi's store - 149 rubles

4 years ago

The game is also on sale on the UPlay store, for the same price.

https://store.ubi.com/us/tom-clancys-the-division-2/5b06a3984e0165fa45ffdcc5.html?lang=en_US

4 years ago

yeah they are just trying to get as many people onboard for the cheap base game to sell you a $30 xpac in March its not gonna go well.

4 years ago

It seems they arent interested in sales outside USA.

4 years ago

4 years ago

USD$2.61 in Chile

4 years ago

Singleplayer is online only ?
No thanks ,if that's the case.

4 years ago

You can choose to play everything alone if thats what you want. I have around 400 hours in the game. There are options for solo players. 3 dollars is worth a shot if you are at all interested.

4 years ago

He meant that it requires constant internet connection, solo or not.

But yeah 3$ is nice price no matter how bad the game could be.

4 years ago

You need to be connected to the servers to play, for sure.

4 years ago

that sucks

4 years ago

It seems that when you link your Uplay account to Epic Launcher, the game will appear in Uplay Launcher and you will be able to install or launch it directly through Uplay, without having to open or keep Epic Launcher open. I tested it with the copy of Rayman Legend purchased free from the Epic Store.

It is as if the game were natively purchased on Uplay. This does not happen with Ubisoft games that were purchased on Steam.
Although the game cover appears on uplay, when you start the game from Uplay, Steam Launcher opens automatically.

4 years ago

So they just don't want non americans purchasing their games or?

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Its that price everywhere. I would recommend skipping the epic store and just buying it straight from the Ubisoft store. Achievements and uplay points just for playing instead of the nothing you would get on the epic store.

4 years ago

That is what I did, figured since i would be having to use uplay anyways might as well buy it from them and don't have to deal with epic. I enjoyed The Division 1 when I got it through humble bundle and so I wouldn't mind playing D2.

4 years ago

Achievements and uplay points just for playing instead of the nothing you would get on the epic store.

It's linked to and requires Uplay so you get those regardless of where you buy.

4 years ago

$3.11 says for me, i'm not from the US. Hard pass tho

4 years ago

for me (MEXICO)
-95%
$62.35
$3.11
Sale ends 3/3/2020 at 8:00 AM
... i buy it at usd$5.58 😭😴

4 years ago

Any thoughts on this game? I played the first one a little bit, the environment was really cool but the missions were really boring and repetitive, the enemies were dumb bullet sponges, and all the loot was samey and uninspired. But maybe they improved the sequel? Iunno, for just $3...

4 years ago

They improved the bullet sponge aspect. It's a beautiful game with tons of fine graphical details. Enemy AI is not the best I've seen, but it's perfectly serviceable.

The missions have a little variety but it will become repetitive after a while. That's where the raids and PVP come in. For $3, the game is a steal. Especially if you get 3 other friends on-board.

4 years ago

Its exactly the same with 1 but enemies are a bit less bullet sponges except bosses. If you didnt enjoy the first one you wont enjoy this one too.

4 years ago

9,99 € in Spain

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

4 years ago

Buy it directly from Uplay, it should be the same price. If it's cheaper on Epic, you'll have to use both the Epic and Uplay clients to play it.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

4 years ago

Check this comment.

4 years ago

You buy from Epic, and once you link in your Uplay account, the game shows up on Uplay too for you. You can download and launch directly from Uplay from that point on.

4 years ago

This is what I was expecting but not what happened for me. Bought from Epic, linked my account but can only install through Epic and nothing showing in Uplay.

EDIT: My bad, had it hidden, probably from the Uplay+ launch trial.

4 years ago

45.55 $ my side XD

4 years ago

Make sure you check the different purchase options.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

Now also on sale for 3€ in the EU.
On Epic or Uplay.

4 years ago

Yess thank you

4 years ago

Thanks

4 years ago

DLC trap.

4 years ago

Obviously they want people to purchase it cause that mean they might get that major DLC update that's coming soon. But after looking at things, there's a shit ton of content you get in the base game alone, some are putting in over 100 hours. Even if you never got any of the DLC it looks like it would easily be worth getting for $3. I was thinking most people will be playing this new DLC so it might not be really worth it but the fact is that tons of people are picking this up at that price so you'll always have people to play with that are just starting out as well.

4 years ago

Year one DLC was all free. So for $3 you can sink a crap load of hours in this game. I played on PS4 and put in 120 hours and never played any of the added dlc.

4 years ago

I got an email from Ubishit that I can get it for 3 Euro, I guess this offer will apply to EU too.

Guys, this this really worth it even for this price?

4 years ago

When I tried it looked nice and for 3€ is a nice catch
If you have friends to play with is better but you can enjoy it alone or with random strangers:)

4 years ago

I was skeptikal but I'm hooked. It's basically 3rd person borderlands.

4 years ago

You can even use the 20% discount code on Uplay (from 3€ to 2,40€).

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

I couldn't, it said that promotion wasn't available, but I still got it. At that price, I definitely couldn't pass up on it, after enjoying playing through all the campaign of the first one by myself.

4 years ago

Not sure about regions, but I'm in Europe and it worked for me.

4 years ago

Yeah, I'm also from Europe and it didn't work. But it's ok, it's just the price of a coffee :)

4 years ago

Kinda weird, but yeah, it's just 60c off :P

4 years ago

On ubi website store it still says 60 euros for me. If I buy it from epic, can I still play with a friend who has it on uplay?

4 years ago

Yes, u can, u need to a uplay account in order to play anyway.

4 years ago

£2.49 in the UK.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.