https://www.pcgamesn.com/steam-summer-sale-2020-dates

Not sure if this is legit but apparently Steam Summer Sale 2020 is said to be from 25th June to 9th July

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

It will be like every sale... The perfect definition of "all weekend sales together".

3 years ago

There were times when I waited for them, but the interest faded with the years as the sale got worse

3 years ago

Remember when they had flash sales with real discounts on games people wanted? Ahhh 2015 and earlier.

3 years ago

The Steam Summer Sale is set to begin on June 25, and end on July 9, according to SteamDB developer Pavel Djundik on Twitter. Expect the sale to go live on Steam’s usual daily reset time at 10:00 PDT / 13:00 EDT / 18:00 BST. These are the exact same dates as last year’s summer event, so Valve is keeping up the rhythm.

Though whenisthenextsteamsale.com says unconfirmed, has SteamDB ever been wrong about this before?

3 years ago

That website is very rarely updated. SteamDB is correct, their sources are basically devs with games on Steam sharing the info Valve sends to every dev.

3 years ago

Well the website was at least updated by the time I saw this post, so that's something.

3 years ago

I'm kinda excited since I have been saving some money to get a couple of games I want.

3 years ago

Funny that nowadays it is the Chinese leaking all the stuff and not the Russians, like a few years back. It is interesting to see how they push out Russian influence from Steam as well.

3 years ago

What does that have to do with a presumably non-Chinese SteamDB developer, Pavel Djundik, making a tweet about Steam sale dates?

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

But it was spoken by the mouth of Pavel Djundik, not by chinese sources

3 years ago

Oh come on, don't tell me that you follow Chinese sources. We are reading this from Pavel just because we understand English and don't understand Chinese.
Also, Pavel is not Russian too, he is Estonian.

3 years ago

For western people everyone who speaks russian = russian!

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

Oh thanks, I must've missed that.

If sale dates become available to all Steam developers, I guess I don't understand why its worth mentioning that the ultimate source happens to be Chinese - Do they get info before devs in other regions?

3 years ago

No, but it used to be a pattern that some Russian developer leaked the date before the official announcement (it has been like that for many years), but for the past two or so years, it is always some Chinese developer doing it. It is just interesting that the roles were taken over on Steam (and in the world, in many other places).

3 years ago

Thanks for the history on date leaks

3 years ago

I'm sure it will be the worst sale ever just as the ancient traditions dictate.

3 years ago

When was the last good sale, who got us excited 2010, 2012?

3 years ago

"Leaked"

Hang on -- the Steam summer sale will start on a Thursday in late June?! What a scoop!

3 years ago

But but it's still spring.

3 years ago

I hope there will be a good discount on Red dead redemption 2 in the upcoming sale

3 years ago

Any info on the Spring Cleaning Event this year? It's been 2 of those right?

3 years ago

Those were usually a few weeks before the sale. So maybe the end of May or the start of June?

3 years ago

Last year it was in late May so we could get one this year too

3 years ago

not exited anymore...i stopped buying directly from Steam, cause regional pricing.

3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by Kurowa29.