"The next-gen update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming on December 14th, free for everyone who already owns the game.
For more details and gameplay reveal, tune in to REDstreams next week on https://twitch.tv/cdprojektred"
https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1592177211481944068

EDIT: With this update also the Netflix Witcher Pack DLC is coming out

View attached image.
1 year ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Are you going to replay The Witcher 3?

View Results
Yes
No

Replay? I didn't even buy the game yet :D

1 year ago

It's a shame!!
The Witcher 3 MUST HAVE to be played :D

1 year ago

^ skip over the 1st 2, they dont have the music or gwent

1 year ago

But 2 does have dice poker...

1 year ago

And 3 doesn't have Foltest or Iorveth.

1 year ago

Never played it, so this will be great.

1 year ago

You are going to love it for sure! Lucky you!

1 year ago

Haha! I am so behind so many amazing games. I am very excited. šŸ¤—

1 year ago

It is not perfect by any means (for example, I disliked the inventory management system)... but it was 260 hours very well spent of my life, it was that good.

1 year ago

Since I like to complete games, I'm expecting to spend close to that if not more from the game. I am not sure if I want to wait for Witcher 1 remake or go right in the old one.

1 year ago

i finished the game and all dlcs 100% 2 years a go so i dont think i will replay it anytime soon but will give it another go one day

1 year ago

I understand it. I need to finish the last DLC and get 100% of the achievements, so this update is perfect for me.
They even announced The Witcher 4, a new saga, so we'll see what the future holds for us.

1 year ago*

if you're talking about blood and wine , its a super good dlc really enjoyed it and i did play the trilogy in one go 2 years ago but i will replay the remake of the witcher 1 since i didnt really catch much of what was happening in that one since it was old :p

1 year ago

yeah, can't wait for the remake of The Witcher 1!!!
So many things!

1 year ago

+1 <3

1 year ago

And it's supposed to be on UE5, so most likely it will be a technical mess. Even worse than CP2077, because they know nothing about making games using Unreal. Even on their own RED engine games work really bad and everything is wonky and laggy. But we will see.

1 year ago

i have all 3 witcher games on steam and haven't played any of them yet

1 year ago

Well, the first is pretty old, it's going to be hard to play for the first time, unless you are a retrogaming lover. (btw they even announced a remake for The Witcher 1)
Begin with The Witcher 2 or 3, trust me, they deserve.

1 year ago

Can't wait for the Witcher 1 remake, that game was dated even when it came out.

2 is criminally underrated in my opinion.

1 year ago

I will play it again for sure but I think it will wait till I upgrade some of my hardware.

1 year ago

This game was so much fun, good stuff.

1 year ago

Hope dlss offsets enough of the performance hit from RT to keep my framerate highish. I am moderately excited to replay it if it runs good still.

1 year ago

I played all Witcher games and absolutely loved them, One of my favorite series. I'm not going to replay it, though. I rarely, if ever, replay any game no matter how much I liked it. Plus, it's a huge undertaking when the time I have for games is barely 20-30 hours a month unless I steal time from other activities. I would rather spend that time on my huge backlog.

1 year ago

With this update also a Netflix Witcher Pack DLC is coming out

Uhhh didn't this come out already? I played it a few months back and I remember some new armor set being there from the start

1 year ago

Not that I'm aware of, and I played it a few months back as well. I checked the DLCs to make sure and nothing new. It was announced, but never implemented afaik.

1 year ago

PC included?

1 year ago

Just a patch sadly, you have to buy a PC yourself

1 year ago

That's a good one ahahahah

1 year ago

Damn, so now I have to buy a PC as well? The greed of game developers never ceases to amaze. Already writing my angry review on Steam as we speak. šŸ™„

1 year ago

Nice, I have 5 main quest to do on HoS and after that I will do the last 10 main quests on base game before moving on to BaW.

1 year ago

Ok games but I won't play again, too time consuming, got tons of other games to play.

1 year ago

"CD Projekt should be ashamed of themselves. What is this of giving next-gen update patches for free? They should make the Ultra witcher 3 and force users to buy it again" Capcom, probably

1 year ago

cough cough The Last of us cough cough

1 year ago

*Blizzard Skellige edition

1 year ago

Google Search: Did you mean Bethesda

1 year ago

I still haven't bought the anniversary edition.

I just can't... After buying Skyrim on for 3 different consoles (PS4/Xbox 360/PC) and upgrading my original purchase to the LE because buying the LE was cheaper than buying the DLC individually (So I basically bought the game 4 times...)

I am a HUGE elder scrolls fan, Morrowind to this day is still my favorite game. I just can't bring myself to keep shelling out money for "new" editions of a game that I have purchased time and time again.

As far as OP goes, I've beat Witcher 1 but haven't completed 2 or 3. I want to go back and complete 1 again before I finish 2 and 3 just haven't had the time. First time I'm hearing about a remake for 1, which actually has me excited.

1 year ago

Oh sorry I forgot people buying GTA V for 3 generations consoles + PC.

1 year ago

I almost got distressed about me having to wait now for it, but I haven't even played the 2nd, so I'm good :)

1 year ago

Does this mean that I can't play with old graphics after December 14th?

1 year ago

no official details yet, but worst case is that you use the old version

1 year ago

Unlikely. Most likely it'll just be new higher options with a new changes here and there. I can't imagine them wanting to cripple their entire game after the Cyberpunk debacle.

1 year ago

Excited to see what does the Netflix dlc includes. Hopefully we can play as Henry Cavill.

1 year ago

I doubt it. Henry quit the show and they already replaced him :(

1 year ago

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

1 year ago

View attached image.
1 year ago

It's not like he was bringing much. They need to change the writing, not the cast.

1 year ago

He definitely was (at least for female audience).

1 year ago

(at least for female audience).

That's a general statement lol. My gf is female. My sister is female. My best friend is female. None care about the pretty boy routine, even less in a fantasy show with a bad wig.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

Really? I thought he was the best part of the show. I was willing to overlook the bad story changes somewhat because I thought he was very convincing as Geralt.

1 year ago

The character was too much of a cardboard cutout to have need of any convincing. I don't think anyone else could have done better with it, don't get me wrong. it's not directed at him.
Well, maybe with less grunting...

1 year ago

hopefully its optional, with QoL features separated from the eye candy
CDPR been nothing but happy news lately

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

1 year ago

What does next-gen update mean and what makes it special?

1 year ago

Faster loadings, ray tracing support, better performances, better graphics, enhancements, mod support and more.

View attached image.
1 year ago*

Anually loading into a savegame made about exactly one year ago is my witcher 3 xmas schtig. IĀ“m a little anxious to see if the update is worth the switch from that "max all textures mod" im using šŸ¤”

1 year ago

I own it, but I still haven't completed the first game yet. Each time I try, I struggle, advance a bit, then give up.
Hnnnngh.

1 year ago

The first game is so old, buggy and with mechanics from the past. I suggest you to skip to The Witcher 2 or even directly at the third, waiting for the remake of the The Witcher, but it's far.

1 year ago

I've heard that a few times, but then I'd be going into Witcher 2 while not knowing events from the past. In a game with story / lore no less.
It feels wrong, y'know?

1 year ago

yeah i know, but playing the old the witcher is a pain. anyway there are recaps during the next games, you can't miss anything .

1 year ago

Ooh. I may actually bump Witcher 2 up my backlog and free myself from the shackles of the old pain.
What can I say? It's easy to convince people of what they want to hear \:3/

1 year ago

I might do Death March for the last achievement I need after update, not sure.

1 year ago

Gonna re-download and see how impactful the visual changes are, plus depending on what type of Netflix content they are adding (just visuals or some quests as well?) might play it for some time. But other than that... :D

View attached image.
1 year ago

422 hrs on record, unless there is new added achievements (or a clean slate if that complete edition come with a separate list) then I won't bother with it.

Maybe they would be generous and giveaway a gog copy on December Prime Gaming ..

1 year ago

They already gave it for free for who owned the Steam version :D
it would be nice

1 year ago

First time hearing about this, would have claimed it otherwise. Still giving it free once more shouldn't be a big problem

1 year ago

I have W3 one Steam since 2017, and I claimed other games on gog because of ownership on Steam before (including W2) .. but somehow I totally missed this one

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

1 year ago

True, this was done to promote gog and its Galaxy .. so they probably don't need to promote it this way anymore .. gog is well known these days.

1 year ago

I only just replayed it earlier this year to 100% it, I guess I should've waited a bit more.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.