https://www.robotcache.com/home/earlyaccesssignup

Use the code, after doing the pre-register, receive 100 Scrap
COLDHARDCACHE

--------------------------------------------OLD Should I delete it?---------------------------------------
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/01/16/new-steam-competitor-resell-your-digital-copies-mine-crypto-for-games/
http://www.pcgamer.com/robot-cache-is-a-blockchain-based-platform-that-will-let-you-buy-and-sell-games-online/
Will worth it giving a chance?
RobotCache will be a new competitor on digital games, with his own crypto-currency and you will be allowed to re-sell your games bought on their platform.

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

//Insert Question here

View Results
Answer A
Answer B
Answer C
This answer includes A. B. C and potato
View attached image.
6 years ago

Until we see something I can't really say much. But I'm not a big fan of a new currency, plus with mining I feel like the inflation will go sky high at some point(assuming this project goes that far, so far we have nothing but vague promises(just like politics)).

But who am I? Not a finance guy for sure, maybe what I am saying is just a bunch of nonsense :p

BTW I can't open the Forbes link 404

6 years ago

it's an interesting idea, but I don't think game publishers will be too happy to get on board.

6 years ago

WHAT GAMES/PUBLISHERS ARE GOING TO BE ON THE ROBOT CACHE PLATFORM?We’ve announced many publishers and developers to date and more come onboard each week. We strive to be as friendly and open to indies as AAA and are seeking diverse, yet curated games to be on our marketplace. So far we’ve announced: 505 Games, Anuman Interactive SA, Entrada Interactive, Forthright Entertainment, inXile Entertainment, Maximum Games, Microids, Modus Games, Paradox Interactive, THQ Nordic, and Versus Evil.

Seems now this is finally answered (7 months late)

5 years ago

Sounds interesting, but probably way too late. Also it's still not the reselling customers are used to historically (with retail boxes).

6 years ago

The Forbes link is broken. Should be https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/01/16/new-steam-competitor-resell-your-digital-copies-mine-crypto-for-games/

The buried lede is the ability to resell used copies of games. Interesting idea, but I wonder how many developers and publishers will be on board with that. While they would get a significant cut of the resale, versus the whopping 0% they get from Gamestop's used game market, physical copies are a fraction of the market, so I wonder how much that is really hurting them these days.

6 years ago*

Got an extra code for their platform, do you want it?

5 years ago

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I'd use it at this time.

5 years ago

They're a bit late to jump on the cryptocurrency hype train.

6 years ago

I wonder if Blockchain will help them as much as the imagine, to lower costs. To my understanding this tech would only determine current owners of game copies, nothing else. They'd still have to provide downloads and other related (customer) services. Taking just 5% seems too ambitious. Not to mention that Steam could simply drop their share to counter their biggest appeal for publishers.

It also doesn't really make sense for big publishers to consider their service, as the trend goes to games as a service. Their ambition is to keep you in their games, reselling isn't part of the plan.

No idea how well this idea would suit mid-range and smaller games. Probably depends if reselling prices are determined on an open market or if publishers can settle those too. Which would either be an disadvantage for publishers or resellers.

6 years ago

awsome a new bitcoin

6 years ago

Using blockchain as a way to securely transfer licenses and allow reselling: good idea.

Tying the resale to funny money and/or currencies that can be hijacked as playthings for speculative investment: bad idea.

If consider the games you're reselling "worthless" since you're done with them anyway and you literally don't care what happens to the value you get back that way, if any, there's no problem. But very few people would approach it like that.

6 years ago

I hate potatoes!

6 years ago

Here some tomatoes for you 🍅🍅🍅🍅🍅

6 years ago

Wow, but do you have onions?

6 years ago

Of course I have 葱

6 years ago

Early Access sign up

5 years ago

AMD just partnered with them: https://www.amd.com/en/gaming/robot-cache
(sorry for bumping such an old topic, thought this news was interesting)

3 years ago

Its just a fancy game subscription IMO...& I like to keep / share my games...so Steam / GOG it is

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

4 months time and unknown added electricity costs.

3 years ago

I gave up at the signup page.

Enter password

Password must be 8 characters.

Password must contain non-alphanumeric and Upper case

Password must be 10 characters.

Username already in use. Change username and enter password
<I walk away>

3 years ago

Closed 2 years ago by MeeMesmo.