The site is busy as fuck because of the GTA V giveaway so don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

Anyway, the Witcher 3 for 14,99€ - a 10€ coupon you can get for free = 4,99€

https://www.epicgames.com/store/fr/product/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/home

Fun Fact : If you buy it on Epic for 4,99€ then CD Projekt gets more money than if you bought it for 14,99€ on Steam.

EDIT : If you have trouble browsing the epic store then use the epic launcher to navigate in the store, it should works fine. You can also get GTA5 that way.

EDIT 2 : The price of the game in your region may have changed to be one cent lower than the coupon minimum. Life is a bitch.

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

What's your favorite plaform to play games ?

View Results
GOG
Steam
Uplay
Origin
Epic
Stadia
Battle.net
Something else that no one is using like itch.io

yep, got farcry 5 for 4.99 with that deal. (already have the witcher on gog)

Also: using gog galaxy as a launcher (so as to minimize interacting with all those store clients) works pretty nice.
other than logging in once, I don‘t remember having to interact with the epic launcher (or uplay or origin) :)

3 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

+1 Its amazing now seamless it is. Besides the odd game it thinks I have

3 years ago

I got Far Cry 5 and New Dawn, great deal with 10.00 off coupon, games were added to my uplay client as well

3 years ago

Happy cakeday!

3 years ago

I'd rather buy at a higher price on steam or gog, than epic. Only get free games and don't even use that platform.

3 years ago

Well may your future or current children moan at your financial ineptitude

3 years ago

May you and your descendants never regret your short sightedness.

3 years ago

Both sentences are sort of conflicting and confusing lol

3 years ago

May the sentences you read in the future be clear and free of the opposite of non-antideconvolutednesspicitition.

:D :D

3 years ago

may the force be with you

3 years ago

May you enjoy May (this month), aunt May.

3 years ago

May... be.

3 years ago

May...hem... I mean this conversation.

3 years ago

Steam only. I might be willing to buy Ubi games direct from Uplay, if they had a Steam Wallet Card equivalent, but, as they don't, I can only get their games via sailing now. I wonder if investors seeing that only 40% of their pc revenue comes from uplay will force them to reconsider selling their games on Steam?

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

I doubt that they would make any of the other currently live games on Epic free until after the sale ends.

3 years ago

Nect one will be Civilizations probably.

3 years ago

Good thing I have a month time to think about it :3

3 years ago

I recommend rather taking on Humble bundle for Steam because it's a better Platform (for me tho)

3 years ago

Definitely :)
But on the other hand...5€ is a really good deal...as far as I know, the GOTY edition has never been below 15€.
Well, we will see...I'll probably forget about it anyway xD

3 years ago

Do what you want but I'm not even giving a SINGLE peny to Epic. It's not trustable for me and you can't even take screenshots or playing with your steam friends, do what you want

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Where did you see that fun fact? As far as I know Steam gets a cut of 30% so 14.99*0.7=10.49 > 4.99 from Epic

3 years ago

Epic pays the coupon and the cut on Epic is 12% so CDP gets 14,99 * 0.88

3 years ago

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/the-witcher-3-has-generated-dollar50m-in-revenue-on-steam/

Valve are only taking 80% on Steam sales of The Witcher 3.

3 years ago

I dont know where you get you fun fact from but they are not correct, a game like Witcher 3 will give Steam a cut of 20% and big companies can even make additional deals, here is an article if you are interested in fan facts: https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/30/18120577/valve-steam-game-marketplace-revenue-split-new-rules-competition

3 years ago

If you're concerned about how much of a cut CD Projekt Red gets then you should be buying it from GOG.

3 years ago

For Bestsellers, like Witcher 3, Steam make 20%.

3 years ago

In the UK, the goty edition is £10.49 so you cannot use the coupon as it requires a game to be £13.99 or more.

3 years ago

I wanted to buy Anno 1800 Season pass 2 but since I technically "don't have the game on Epic" it's not letting me buy the dlc... shame. Only the standard and Complete edition "Buy Now" buttons are enabled.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

3 years ago

Unfortunately, a 10€ coupon has expired on May 1 I think. Too late now.

3 years ago

There is a new coupon, and if you use your coupon you will get another coupon

3 years ago

And where I can get a new coupon? My previous one from Winter Sale has expired.

3 years ago

Use the launcher (because it does not work for the moment with a browser), go the the store and you should see a Epic Coupon banner.

The coupon is valid until november 1st.

3 years ago*

for me it was as simple as „buying“ the free gta V and I had a 10€ coupon that regenerates on using

3 years ago

By the way, I tried the client earlier - and it doesn't work. I have just tried it again and now I'm not receiving the email for 2-factor login. Seems like for whatever reason they didn't expect this... I feel bad for people now not even being able to play their games on epic because they can't log in into their client.

3 years ago

I've tried with 2 different accounts and it worked fine with both so I don't know what's going on, I can navigate in the store with no problem. I'm even downloading GTA5.

3 years ago

Maybe it's a regional issue. I've only managed to login and get GTA5 using Edge (after Chrome failed for an hour), but right after the purchase I wasn't able to access the page from Edge anymore as well. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow...

3 years ago

Launching games thru their .exe files still work though. I can still play Control even if my client's all fucked up.

3 years ago

Ah, that's good to know.

3 years ago

congratulations to whoever can buy it.

I hate being poor, I feel like I'll never get this game.

3 years ago

But its just $5 with the coupon, and can even go lower if you change your epic store region and buy it on a region with a cheap currency (Like Argentina), i dont think it will get more cheap than this unless they give it away

3 years ago

Coupon needs $14.99 (or regional currency equivalent) so putting it on Argentina will definitely not work (since the game would definitely be less than $14.99 there)

3 years ago

They change the value of the coupon on other regions, right now mine is set on TURKEY (it gives me ₺60.00TRY) and work on anything that is higher than 79.99TRY (Almost 10usd), And can go cheaper on currencies like ARS

3 years ago

But the coupon's value is still $10? Or lower? Cos I don't think you can buy something $10 with a $10 off

3 years ago

the problem is that in the country where I live the average monthly salary is 4$ so thanks for the tip, but for now it's not possible :P

3 years ago

Be careful that your message is not seen as "begging." We have a zero-tolerance policy for begging.

3 years ago

Can you somehow claim a copy on GOG afterwards?

3 years ago

Yes, buying it

3 years ago

Say what you want fot epic but DAMN! They gonna break the interent if they keep coming at like this! Have been using it for the free games since they started giving them but now i own a pretty neat library tbh and i might start buying through them with W3. I mean I LOVE steam but I must start caring more for my wallet than my client!

3 years ago

1000% agree.

3 years ago

I agree the coupon is amazing, but bundles are even better for my wallet.

3 years ago

True of course but it can be a pain to get rid of the somewhat.."unwanted" games you get in bundles sometimes. At least with the coupon you can get some pretty neat stuff for killer cheap like uhh... Hades.

3 years ago

Waiting for the games you want to show up in bundles is great, but sometimes it's just too hard to resist EGS' record-cheap prices combo'd with their endless $10 coupons xD

Throughout the EGS sales I have bought Assassin's Creed Origins Gold Edition $9.24, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order $9.08, Control $5.4, Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Ultimate Edition $9.59, Phoenix Point (pre-order) $4.99, etc, currently you cannot get these cheaper anywhere else on the planet (except with subscription plans like Origin Access, and sometimes Uplay Store match their own prices on EGS).

3 years ago

Most regions don't seem to have those amazing low prices, even with the $10 coupon, Fallen order is still $27 usd for me and according to another thread, US and EU also are around that $30 price. There seems to be a few lucky regions who benefit more from regional pricing, so lucky you. I cannot really compare how those prices are to Steam sales for cheaper regions since I don't know their normal values.

It would be misleading to say the EGS discount is that great for all around the world, but it certainly makes historical lows.

I am drooling to buy a dlc for Anno 1800 but can't since I don't have the base game on Epic. Guess that takes care of the temptation for me.

3 years ago

I'm sorry, I didn't know EGS also have regional pricing like Steam

3 years ago

Have it on Steam, but bought AC Odyssey Gold on sale with coupon, doubt that gold edition will get bundled for years and its really good deal for 3 games with dlc.

3 years ago

I think for now the witcher 3 will not be the surprise game, check the EPIC store and I'm back ONLINE GOTY VERSION with an offer applying the EPIC 10.00 USD COUPON it would be 5.99 usd and says it will be until 06/04/2020 so it won't be the pitifully free game folks .... now wait to find out what the mysterious AAA game is?

3 years ago

here - https://imgur.com/a/JPLGsj5

Civilization VI ( May 21)

Borderlands the handsome collection ( May 28)

Ark Survival Evolved ( June 4)

3 years ago

Steam and windows store (if you count windows store) is my favorite platforms

3 years ago

Not much of a fun fact when the Epic Store is trash because of the exclusives.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

I am using Steam mostly, I got some games on Origin, Uplay and GOG

Edit: Screw Epic for making Maneater an exclusive, I was looking forward for that game for months.

3 years ago

So... It's okay for Origin-exclusive games but not okay for Epic-exclusives?

3 years ago

The Origin games are only exclusive because of a dispute that EA had with Valve. They use to be on Steam and are now coming back.

3 years ago

Epic pays other devs for exclusives while EA uses their own (published) games as exlusives

3 years ago

You've already bought games on Origin, Uplay, & GOG but you don't want Maneater to be an Epic-exclusive. Okay.

3 years ago

"What's your favorite plaform to play games ?"
aksing on a site called "Steamgifts" lol :D
I don't mind Origin, if it works for once.

3 years ago

Since the release of GoG Galaxy Beta, I buy games where they are the cheapest. Competition ist great for us costumers.

3 years ago

Yeah that's right

3 years ago

Not if it's Epic.

3 years ago

epic bad
EDIT: thx for the upvotes!

3 years ago

i'm with steam since his release date cuz i had to activate there my dvd copy of Half Life 2, i forgot about steam for a couple of years, but now it's my preferite platform and i log in every day and have 1000 games on it...but i must admit that Epicstore gave me (and all gamers) much more in 2 years,then steam did in my 16 years!! if Epic will build a forum and some sort of achievment i think it will be a strong enmy for Valve\steal.. You hear me Gabe?

3 years ago

They will add achievements soon, check here their roadmap: https://trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap

(third column: up next)

3 years ago

Considering some features have been more than year on "up next", it could still take long time.

3 years ago

We'll see, it was moved from "future development" to "up next" recently (April 8th).

3 years ago

Yeah, looks very soon. Seems like they've got it ready to go judging by the screenshot.
https://trello.com/c/apfJsxbA/30-achievements (direct link to Achievements section)

I wonder what it may require dev side, though.

3 years ago

it's just mockup

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Not in favour of giving my personal details to Epic->TenCent->People's Republic of China government (or any government where avoidable!)

3 years ago

so you are gonna avoid ALL companies Tencent has invest in?

5% ownership in France's Ubisoft, purchased from Vivendi following Vivendi's failed attempt to buy out Ubisoft in March 2018
80% ownership in the New Zealand company Grinding Gear Games, the developers of the game Path of Exile.
Full ownership of Riot Games, the American developers of League of Legends[
Approximately 84% ownership in Finnish mobile game developer Supercell
40% ownership of American developers Epic Games, which was used to launch Fortnite
Approximately 15% ownership of American mobile game developer Glu Mobile
5% ownership of American publisher/developer Activision Blizzard
5% ownership of Swedish publisher Paradox Interactive
Majority ownership in Switzerland-based mobile game developer Miniclip
Full ownership of Norwegian publisher Funcom.
Minority share in Japanese developer PlatinumGames
Minority share in German developer Yager Development

3 years ago

I think the only one on there I may care about is Activision Blizzard, but I will not consider anything on Epic. They will have to come to Steam before I would look at them. I didn't know about Path of Exile. I may have to skip that one in my stash of games. Ubisoft is concerning too, but steam or UPlay haven't hacked me, yet...

3 years ago

Thanks, that was informational. Sucks about Path of Exile, Paradox has been dlc hell for a while eeh, surprising they have a minority share in PlatinumGames. I still wouldn't avoid buying the few games I really want on sale, such is life, I'd still avoid microtransactions in anything ofc.

3 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.