The site is busy as fuck because of the GTA V giveaway so don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

Anyway, the Witcher 3 for 14,99€ - a 10€ coupon you can get for free = 4,99€

https://www.epicgames.com/store/fr/product/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/home

Fun Fact : If you buy it on Epic for 4,99€ then CD Projekt gets more money than if you bought it for 14,99€ on Steam.

EDIT : If you have trouble browsing the epic store then use the epic launcher to navigate in the store, it should works fine. You can also get GTA5 that way.

EDIT 2 : The price of the game in your region may have changed to be one cent lower than the coupon minimum. Life is a bitch.

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

What's your favorite plaform to play games ?

View Results
GOG
Steam
Uplay
Origin
Epic
Stadia
Battle.net
Something else that no one is using like itch.io

You can't use coupon to buy Witcher 3 , so yea :)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

they must have locked it, lucky

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

They dropped the base price by a penny to $14.98 so that now, it doesn't qualify for the coupon.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

What is also interesting is that The Witcher is the only game that will be on sale until 04.06.

3 years ago

i would like to try Stadia if they add paysafe card as payment option..not all have\want ot have credit card or the damn paypal and their absured fees

3 years ago

Nobody seems to care about stadia but if you're a pro user you can buy NBA 2K20 for 3€ and if you're not pro you can get 2 months for free. If you cancel your pro subscription you can still play the games you paid for.

3 years ago

if only they add paysafe card as payment i will...but there is no such oiption sadly.

3 years ago

Anyone know if the witcher 3 in epic store supports cloud save? Because without cloud save its a deal breaker for me. Think to play 100 hours and suddenly the ssd fail and havent a cloud save to restore.

3 years ago

when you get gta5 it comes with a $10 coupon that can be used on games over 14.99
so the witcher andcontrol, sadly it didnt work on vampyr for me

ps no you cant give the coupons to other accounts or stack them

3 years ago

"Something else that no one is using like itch.io"
wonder how it feels like to be jacksepticeye or markiplier

3 years ago

Pandering to tweens? Meh

3 years ago

Coupon only eligible for games from €14,99 and The Witcher is €14,98!
At least in my country.

Yup, 1 cent short of making it eligible....... :facepalm:

Edit: now that's weird.......when browsing the sale it comes back as €14,99!
But if you browse the catalogue it's priced at €14,98, which doesn't allow for coupon use!

And now I can no longer find the €14,99 one.....
Fishy.......

3 years ago*

better ait..there are rumors about the witcher 2 being the next free game.

3 years ago

Yeah, they changed it :/
Epic being epic.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Epic sets the prices in their store, devs have no direct control over what price their games is or what is displayed on their store page

3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

What i'm saying is that the devs have no acess to the backend of the epic store so they can't set the prices physically themselves. They have to comunicate every change to Epic and then Epic changes the price and that's why it took some time to lower the price, no misinformation here.
Example: Someone at epic can set the price to 100$ by mistake and the devs can´t change that themselves because they have no access

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

No, on steam for example the devs have acess to their game page and they are the ones that set prices and sales, early acess Q&A,tags, post events and annoucements, moderate the discussions etc...
It happened with more games even Borderlands 3 before launch, Oxygen not Included for example was removed completely from the store because of that... there's always a big delay in this so the communication between Epic and the Devs is not very good for sure

3 years ago

Guess it got bought with coupon too much and they somehow couldn't handle that or didn't want to allow more sales.

3 years ago

Well, I planned to buy it, guess I'll wait a couple years more (ಠ_ಠ)

3 years ago

the coupon is eligible for games that are 14.99 USD for CAD its 20.99 i was able to use the coupon yesterday but now that they lowered it by one cent it being 20.98 I CANT USE IT, ad now im annoyed at not having bought it yesterday cuz i was deciding on either witcher or control

3 years ago

I'd rather pay full price on GOG.

3 years ago

Fun Fact : If you buy it on Epic for 4,99€ then CD Projekt gets more money than if you bought it for 14,99€ on Steam.

Who told you that bullshit? 70% of steam sales goes directly to the publisher, steam cut is usually 30%, sometimes bit less.

Do you have some trouble with maths?

3 years ago

Your username suits you.
The coupon's price comes out of Epic's pocket. Otherwise no dev would agree to it.

3 years ago

Topic starter didn't add a single info about this coupon being sponsored by Epic's store, how do i know?
Normally we don't expect any stores to sell anything at a loss.

Also, I don't see any proof of your words, so this might be another lie

3 years ago*

Your avatar suits you.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Normally we don't expect any stores to sell anything at a loss.

To be fair, we're talking about a store that has been throwing around freebies while playing the devs for like a year so far?

3 years ago

70% of 14,99 is more than 100% of 4,99.

3 years ago

CDPR gets 80% from Steam of The Witcher 3

Source: https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED_IR/status/1230536019017129985

3 years ago

Yes Epic pays for the coupon and yes they are selling pretty much everything at a loss the Epic Games Store had huge losses last year in 3rd party games sales but until Fortnite stops printing money they can sell everything at a loss no problem

3 years ago

Witcher 3 is now C$20.98, my coupon is for games above C$20.99 :D

3 years ago

They reduced the price by 0.01€ so we can apply coupon anymore! Great! And I had the chance to buy it yesterday but I decided to postpone it for no F'N reason! RIP me :)

3 years ago

don't worry. Witcher will be cheaper than this

3 years ago

cheaper than 4.99€ for goty? dont think so

3 years ago

Who knows, two weeks ago, no one would have bet that GTA V would be free.

3 years ago

Bought. It's not like I'm playing anything (except for OhShape on the Oculus Quest), but it's a good enough price to add it to my collection.

Edit: And luckily got in before the tiny price discount which made the game ineligible for the coupon.

3 years ago*

This crap again on SG.

Competition, as someone that started investing in stocks last year that is cute.

Competition does not mean you undercut games founded by a game made only to sell skins(the same as valve)+ the fact that you give money so games are sold only on your own shop, that is not in any domain competition.

What competition when you stated and we can see from what you sold that it is not profitable so you are doing what, well selling at a lost so you can get market share and then you will take like valve 20%+ and no more free games.

Also for the Steam free games, Steam also for me alone gave 100+ free games, games like :
27 Apr, 2020 Total War: SHOGUN 2 Limited Free Promotional Package - Apr 2020 Complimentary
Skyrim SE, All Bishocks remastered, and many other free games.

For the Witcher bough base full price and 50% season pass and will buy it again on GOG.
Have all Witcher games on Steam and GOG( minus TW3), my first preorder ever Cyberpunk, and will buy this again on GOG.

I have no problem with EPIC, just not a good shop, and the pro-EPIC people are not even that are just anti steam GG for them.

The only thing EPIC is good for is games that I already own or not free on there because Galaxy 2.0 exists.
They should focus on UE5, maybe they should get no money for that or 0.5% for it just saying.

So Steam, then GOG then free games from EPIC that is all.

3 years ago*

Also, why is 14.98EUR and not 5 EUR because it is that price on GOG so why would they undercut themselves.

They get 15EUR on GOG and will get 10+ a part of 5EUR for what exactly ... so EPIC can ger market share to screw GOG LOL.

I am usually all for the cheapest version but EPIC is an exception, it is like on stock, the business is the most important and then the price, the business model of EPIC is shit simple as that!

3 years ago*

You must have missed Sony and MS selling their consoles at a loss, trying to make money from games and licenses. It's a technique used in the field for ages.
So you can act all high and mighty, but it can't hide a hateboner.

3 years ago*

So they sell at a loss for 3 years.

Also that might be for PS5.

PS4 cost in 2013 was 370$ to make because it had subpar components.

3 years ago

In my country i can buy that for $5.98 without coupon on epic

https://imgur.com/a/t7WIayX

3 years ago

Is the deal over for everyone ? Just to be sure because I'm bored of people blacklisting me because they can't use the coupon so I'd like to mention it's over in the title.

3 years ago

Rename your topic, because it is false advertising.
Witcher 3 is for 14,98 eur, so you cant use 10eur discount

3 years ago

there are other regions but who cares, let's say it's over

3 years ago

Thank you, but you mentioned EUR... and countries with EUR currency have it for 14.98 :-(
Btw I did not blacklist you, but I understand those that were angry after they looked to Epic store...

3 years ago

It was 14.99€ on the first day. I had in on my cart, didn't buy it and then they dropped a penny out of the price, to disallow coupon usage, as stated above.
Doesn't surprise me. They pulled the same stunt with Hades in the last sale, making the price around 6€ (and then corrected it after Supergiant supposedly called their attention to that fact).

3 years ago

Maybe they will enable the promo again (from 14.98 to 14.99 to apply the coupon) because it's discounted right now on Steam so probably most people will buy there instead at this price.

3 years ago

I hope too... I missed the 1st day of 14.99 :-(
Some people are also writing on their Twitter about that discount:
https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1262790120006172672

3 years ago

What's your favorite plaform to play games ?

My favorite platform is PC

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

i envy those who got the witcher before they lowered it by a cent

3 years ago

Ugh, I was waiting a bit, but planned buying for sure for 5 bucks.
The one time they could make me buy in their store and they fuck it up :/

3 years ago

Considering it's the publisher who decides the discount and that W3 is atm on its lowest price on GOG, epic did nothing, probably CD projekt lowered the price by 1cent

3 years ago

That $10 off coupon is covered by Epic, so I'm thinking it was probably Epic that wanted to change the price.

3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

There is already a discussion about it above, and the conclusion if that Epic changed the price for no explainable reason.

3 years ago*

Deleted

3 years ago

You are probably right. That would make more sense than Epic changing the price of a game for a coupon they knew would happen.

3 years ago*

Whomever did it, still seems like a shady effort to stop the use of the $10 coupon.

3 years ago

this would have gone down in history as the best thing but alas, epic games you have played yourself once again
guess ill go buy witcher off steam

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.