Hi, i have a problem, my old laptop can change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 when i connect it to a monitor, but now i have other laptop better than the old one, and cant have biggest resolution than 1366 x 768 :/ not even with monitor
old laptop windows 8.1
new laptop windows 10

Please help, thanks in advance!

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

update graphic card driver.

7 years ago

I think i already tried
but nothing

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

You are not using clone mode when connecting the laptop to a monitor are you?

7 years ago

Im using a HDMI
:/

7 years ago

He/she is asking about which mode you choose to use the second monitor as, cloned image or extended desktop?

7 years ago

In cloned mode you see the same on both displays (laptop and monitor) in extended the two (or more) displays show different parts of your desktop and you can for example move your pointer from one to the other.
If you are using cloned mode the max resolution will be the resolution of the display with the smaller available resolutions.
But you can also check whether the driver correctly identifies your external display otherwise you might need to override it.
It would be nice if you told us the model of your laptop or at least the type of graphic chip it has.

7 years ago

Windows 10 has some issues on certain displays when using HDMI. A friend has the same issue with his TV. Which GPU do you have? I can guide you on overriding the resolution on Nvidia, but not on others.

7 years ago

Ok boys DONE! thanks!

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by TheRadiscus.