Is it just me or is this a remarkably bland announcement trailer? - Anno 1800 - Official Announcement Trailer - Gamescom 2017

I even find Age of Empires Definitive Edition - Gamescom 2017 - Trailer more exciting despite the fact that it's a Windows 10 exclusive

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it just me or is this a remarkably bland announcement trailer?

View Results
Yes, it's just you
Nope, it's as bland as it gets
Sloth

Who cares about trailers anyway but I think it looks gorgeous. Too bad my PC won't be able to run it properly and with my backlog both on PC and console I'm not getting a new one until the old one stops working.

6 years ago

Well, obviously you don't. Regarding PC hardware I think most of my stuff is from early 2011 and I've not been even slightly tempted to upgrade yet. I did replace my dual GTX460's with a 970 though, but that was mostly because SLI doesn't work as well as it could and I didn't want the extra trouble.

6 years ago

That AOE trailer has done got me all kinds of excited. When that building was destroyed.

View attached image.
6 years ago

loughed so hard, thanks alot... :'D

6 years ago

I actually like the trailer. And I think it fits the purpose perfectly, it's an announcement trailer, not hype trailer.

And the AOE:DE gives me nostalgia of bungie's days with Microsoft, I always loved their dev journals.

6 years ago

it's an announcement trailer, not hype trailer.

So what's the difference? :P

6 years ago

Announcement are for fans of the ip, or for new ip, fans of the premise. Hype are to get general audiences ready with dupstep and extensive cuts so they can make money.

6 years ago

So you're essentially saying that they're not trying to sell the game with the announcement trailer? I guess there's a reason I'm not involved in marketing

6 years ago

Meh, Ubisoft. Already in the bargain bin.

6 years ago

I like it! I always liked the Anno games and this might also be the very first city builder set in that era?

6 years ago

I have no clue, to be honest. I've never played any of the Anno games but I like the looks of the early iterations more than the later ones. Got all that's available on GOG so I'm confident I'll try them out at some point :)

6 years ago

That's nice, unfortunately my Anno collection is physical and tbh I'm not fully aware if all of the titles are still in my possession. :D If you want a recommendation I'd say 1404 is the best!

6 years ago

Thank you for the recommendation, it's appreciated. I get what you're saying with physical copies. I had a discussion yesterday that inspired me to try, but ultimately miserably failing, to find my Blood II box that I'm almost 100% sure that I have lying around somewhere. I did dig up some other nice stuff though and some of those I'd completely forgotten about. They also take up a crapload of space :P

View attached image.
6 years ago

Nice, I can imagine you had a lot of nostalgic memories digging those out. :D

6 years ago

Yeah but I mostly felt annoyed that I couldn't find my Blood II box that I wanted to show off :P

6 years ago

the game is slow paced so the trailer fits.
at least they show ingame graphics.

6 years ago

It looks like a nice game to watch out for and to eventually play it.

6 years ago

It is a series of city builder economy manager games, so the trailer fits that theme perfectly.
I am more concerned that this new era may mean they are making some game aimed for casual players and dumb it down/make it cartoonish. Granted, dumbing down and cartonnifying went off rather well for the Sierra City Builders with Zeus, but even that was a close call.

6 years ago

I hope it will be good and like the old anno series.
Played and liked all beside 2205. and 2205 is according to reviews nothing like the other Games, And didnt tried it out yet.

6 years ago*

I love all the AOE games but not enough to use Windows Store. Hope it finds its way outside of that ghetto some day.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

6 years ago

With the right price, I'd probably give it a shot but I suspect they will charge an arm and a leg for this

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.