I was curious what is preventing someone from making multiple accounts to get in on the giveaways...Is it the same 1 game per account thing? if so, is that really enough?

I also feel that if someone wants the privelege of being in a give away the gifter has the right to see their profile to see if it is a shady multiple account or if they already have the game
Especially if the gift is just a key that the winner can giveaway/sell/trade

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Agree. Also get people to read the descriptions D:.

1 decade ago

To have an account here, a member's steam account needs to have at least $30's worth of games on it. I think that's fair and sufficient for now.

1 decade ago

that would definitely beat recreating accounts and the accounts that add free games to an account. Steam won't let you have friends or make a public profile unless you have atleast 1 game on the account.

1 decade ago

This is a great Idea

1 decade ago

You have to have 30 bucks worth of games on an account to join this site so i think thats pretty good for the time being

1 decade ago

that sounds good, what do you guys think about private profiles?

1 decade ago

I think it would be better to have a profile public in order to see what games someone already owns and what not but i guess if someone wants to have their profile private you have to respect that?

1 decade ago

I'd be ok with making it public only if it came to that.

1 decade ago

yah sure maybe just a quick hey make your profile public for a day then you can go back

1 decade ago

im not sure many people would ha, personally i think it would be better if people had to have their profiles public but ehh

1 decade ago

compromise, compromise

1 decade ago

ehh yea

1 decade ago

They should make new persons must have at least 5/10 Purchased games in my opinion. (Not the free ones)

1 decade ago

I'd say the $30 dollars of steamgames is more reasonable than 5 or 10 games.

1 decade ago

yea the 30 bucks sounds better

1 decade ago

It's reasonable, but then again there are advantages to having a limit on games than a limit on value.

1 decade ago

I feel that it's good as it is. I personally want all of my games on one account. People have to have at least 1 game, and that may not be enough. How about 'no accounts under 2 months' or something?

1 decade ago

I would say :) let only public accounts enter
get a minimum steam rating required in order to enter a giveaway
perhaps increase the minimum $ in games required, since a sale on like an indie pack already takes u up 50$ even when the pack only costs 5$.

1 decade ago

i would think around 30 is good also. I am not sure as much with steam rating, maybe some people were not able to play as much that month for a job or something, i just dont find it very fair thinking about the amount of circumstances the user has.

1 decade ago

I'm now just wondering what would happen if someone bought a $30 game, and the price dropped...

1 decade ago

doesnt the price on the giveaway represent the same price as is on steam?? it would make sense for it to happen that way. except it doesnt seem to lower the price for sales,

1 decade ago

If so, do the amount of points needed to enter change according to sales?

1 decade ago

i did not see the amount of points needed for entry lower during the Frozenbyte sale. So I would say no.

1 decade ago

My opinion is that points shouldn't be visible, but all the contests entered at that moment should be public to everyone

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by kijib.