Hello, since I have the Asus VA326 I keep getting blackscreens while playing. I can still hear the sound of the game, but the picture reappears after a few seconds ...

My hardware

AMD RX 580 8gb
AMD FX8350 8x4ghz

I've already tried the following.

-other HDMI cable used.
-trying onther monitor (I didn't have a blackscreen, but I tried it half an hour maximum / but during this time I would have had at least one blackscreen)

• a friend of mine tried my monitor and he didn't get a blackscreen (this person didn't get a blackscreen tested between 30 - 45 minutes)

Do you have any ideas? I never had any problems with my old 60HZ screen ...

I also changed to 120 hz and still I get blackscreens.

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Okay I will look into thanks.

4 years ago

Check your driver settings. Play around with the settings like Enhanced sync or Anti-Lag. Seen reports how sometimes these will affect the output.

4 years ago

Okay thanks I will look into it

4 years ago

It's not your screen that's failing, it's probably your GPU overheating. Check temps with MSi Afterburner while gaming

4 years ago

Ok I will look into thanks.

4 years ago

Some things first:

• Does this problem persist since you bought this card?
  • Do you overclocked your cpu / gpu?
  • Does your PSU have enought voltage margin?
  • Do you tested games with disabled / closed any unnecessary application (chrome, discord, etc)?
  • Did you installed recently any windows update and/or driver update?
  • Do you tried to play with disabled any overlays (Steam for example)?
  • Did you setup your game to use native screen resolution and framerate?
4 years ago

• Yes since I bought this card (almost 2 months now in the past I don't had that much time to play videogames but know when I have time to play more I notice this problem more often
  • No I didn't overclock my cpu/gpu
  • don't know atm is there a fast option how I can check it?
  • I tested games with closed/disabled applications but didn't help
  • windows update yes and driver update yes
  • I will try to disable the steam overlay
  • no I don't think so I play strechted and also change the config of the games to the same solution, framerate etc...
4 years ago

don't know atm is there a fast option how I can check it?

You should use PSU calculator to calculate proper one: https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

windows update yes and driver update yes

But the problem was the same on previous versions of windows/drivers or you didn't have time to check it out? You shall try to rollback CPU / GPU drivers to version from a month ago and check if the problem persist, try to rollback windows.

no I don't think so I play strechted and also change the config of the games to the same solution, framerate etc...

Your monitor native mode is: 1920×1080@75Hz, you should stay on this one, instead of stretched ones

BTW your screen is 8-bit one without default fallback from 10-bit, that may be the issue:

In RADEON SETTINGS, Display - there is a setting for Color Depth - change from 10 bpc to 8 bpc

4 years ago

The reason you might not have had issues with your old monitor is because your new monitor is demanding a little more out of your pc, which it struggles with.

What was that other monitor you tried?

4 years ago

My old monitor ASUS LS246

4 years ago

Are you running 60hz or 144hz? Are you running hdmi or DisplayPort?
All these VM make a difference and under certain settings or certain games this will happen while not in other games or settings.
I actually have an intermittent issue when my display wont wake from sleep when plugged in via DP, but when using HDMI it never happens.

4 years ago

144hz also Im using HDMI. My Monitor only has hdmi/vga

4 years ago

Are you sure? HDMI doesn’t always run reliably at 144hz in my experience... which could be your problem right there.

4 years ago

I only see HDMI/VGA on the back on my monitor. Should I use 120hz instead?

4 years ago

I'd recommend trying a lower Hz setting, yeah. 120, 100, 60Hz. See if the issue stops occurring on one of those settings.
I'm surprised the new monitor doesn't have DP, that's disappointing.

4 years ago

It seems that 120hz doesn't give me blackscreens. A few hours ago I tried it for 35 minutes no blackscreen and a few minutes ago more then 30 minutes and also no blackscreen. Now is the question why I keep getting blackscreens on 144hz?

4 years ago

a friend of mine tried my monitor and he didn't get a blackscreen (this person didn't get a blackscreen tested between 30 - 45 minutes)

Did your friend use the same cable you used?

4 years ago

HDMI 1.4 does not officially support 144Hz: http://bfiles.chinaaet.com/whpt/blog/20170919/1000008562-6364143185282736974850538.pdf (page 123)

1920x1080p @ 119.88/120Hz

Your monitor has HDMI 1.4 according to this review.

1 × HDMI 1.4 with HDCP

4 years ago

Ok thanks but Isn't that kinda a scam? I think if was advertised 144hz curved monitor lol

4 years ago

They advertise that kind of support but I posted what the official document of the HDMI 1.4 Specification says. Maybe they use some kind of overclock/trick to support higher Hz on that model.

4 years ago

Bump

3 years ago

I have the same card as you and mine will also go black occasionally. It doesn't matter if I'm playing games or whatever I'm doing. It happens maybe once every two days, but it is annoying.

• Tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling from scratch - didn't help.

I can't pinpoint it since my whole system is upgraded, other than my disk drives. When it happens there is a debugging led on motherboard "CPU, DRAM, BOOT and VGA". Once it happens, open your case and see if you have one of these flashing red. That should tell you a bit more about it. I am waiting for the next one to happen so I can see the light.

3 years ago

For me it's only happening when i play games. Only once every two days you are a lucky man. For me after 30 minutes the first blackscreens appears and after the first one probably 20 - 25 minutes later the next one appears.

I will see if I have a flashing red. Do you have a picture or video where I can see the flashing red so I know what I have to focus?

3 years ago

Wasn't this already "solved" you claiming it works fine at 120hz, and therefor the only issue is with 144hz and probably because of forementioned reasons?

3 years ago

First it worked but after a few days it just started again...

3 years ago

Open the case and look if anything is flashing on your motherboard.

3 years ago

Okay I will. When I receive a blackscreen I should look for a flashing or in general?

3 years ago

When you get it.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.