Torchlight III is at -75 % currently (8.49 EUR / 9.99 USD) [Lowest Recorded Price]
Did you will take the game now, wait for a better price, or never get it ? (Poll Question)
P.S : I already know the game have mixed review, myself i will wait the game got reduction at -85% or more (5 EUR or less) or got bundle on fanatical / humble bundle.

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Did you will take the game ?

View Results
Yes, will take with this reduction.
Yes, but will wait a higher reduction / got bundle.
No, there only 2 trues Torchlight
(Already have it)
Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

It was originally made as an MMO and they hardly changed anything over it. So it still is like how you remember. Maybe less bugs but that's it.

2 years ago

The gameplay is what you remember in TL2 in terms of combat, but the way they do multiplayer is very different. Loot drops are player-specific and thus class specific. No trading, and while you see randos in your 'instance' periodically it does not seem you can interact with them. In came voice works fine with people in your party. The tracking of your party on the map is pretty bad in that the range seems to be just visual, so you can run around alot. Maps seem to be procedurally generated and respawn after you leave them which can be immersion breaking.

I enjoy it, but I would not say I love it. YMMV

2 years ago

If the game stayed with its original price and got that discount it would have been an instabuy my side, but not the price it's currently going for :P

2 years ago

For me, that price is still high

2 years ago

Waiting for HB monthly within the next half year...

2 years ago

From what I can see it is not like Torchlight 1/2 and seems unfinished. The curators I follow say it isn't worth purchasing so I will not be buying it.

2 years ago

Solid pass for me. I played a bit of it thru Xbox Gamepass and it was just completely bland and meh feeling. It was like the blandest cookie cutter MMO with a few new things but zero playerbase so you constantly feel like your wandering thru a ghost town. Even the combat as you play thru felt like they had a prescribed number of generic monsters they should throw at you every x number of steps. But they all felt like fighting the same group over and over again even if they had different appearances.

It felt like someone made a list of traits a lowest common denominator MMO should have and then hired people with zero interest in creating it to make it. But the art design was really good. They didn't skimp there.

2 years ago

Too bad they dont sell it as Steam keys... itll be even cheaper than on Steam.
(thats why i dont buy on Steam, cuz u can buy games cheaper as keys, better % sales, extra % off coupons, regional pricing...)

2 years ago

I'll just wait for it to get bundled, which will probably be soon, most likely in one of the choice bundles. The game has pretty bad rating (40% for a Torchlight game is terrible since the previous two are around 90) and I assume they're not getting much sales.

It's kinda interesting how, at least in my opinion Torchlight games just kept getting worse. I liked the first Torchlight (albeit it did have some flaws), I didn't really like the second one, even though I kept coming back trying to give it many chances to hook me but without success. And then the third one from all the reviews and what not is apparently absolutely terrible compared to the previous two.

2 years ago

Closed 2 years ago by Warriot.