Once upon a time, a little potato was playing Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Zombies.
The little potato was playing, all alone, when suddenly she decided she wanted to try out all the fiercest guns.
She used cheats for superiority over those nasty zombies, and her friend, cute potato, joined little potato (they enjoyed their time & went to watch a movie). A few days later, little potato met a new friend, named VAC - they are together ever since, forever, and ever.
END.

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/lJRoV/narcos-rise-of-the-cartels

View attached image.
View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

So..

View Results
LOL! (^O^)
(◕︵◕)
GREAT!<('o'<)

LOL I thought VAC only applies in competitive multiplayer and not cooperative PvE.
But then again I've heard stories about people getting VACed for modding in Grand Theft Auto V. Mind you the single player portion of the game. If you mod yourself a million R*$ in GTA Online that's called cheating despite all the people I've met who think differently 😅

Well, I suppose in that case the little potatoe has my blessing. And then I'd probably eat it since I am a corgi 😋

Edit: But you might want to remove the "need blue hearts, give me yours" portion of your post. That is rather frowned up on this site and if I remember correctly even forbidden because it counts as begging.
But you may ask people to discuss what they think about your VAC ban or their personal experiences with VAC and YOU'LL whitelist them if they manage to put a smile on your face. Usually works out the same way.

3 years ago*

In fact, I meant I wanted to add people... Perhaps it was misleading :/
I need more entries for my giveaways :p

3 years ago

Perhaps it was misleading :/

Don't worry ;) You should probably still mention though this is a Whitelist recruitment thread. Maybe in the title (more comments but potentially some of questionable quality) or at least in the description.

Now on 2nd thought I see how "Need more blue hearts" actually works both ways. I'm not a native speaker ':D

3 years ago*

GTA V SP is a strange thing. At one point, hackers could break into other players single player games. Something that should never be possible.

https://www.techspot.com/news/77055-gta-v-exploit-hackers-affect-single-player-games.html

3 years ago

I vaguely remember reading about that. I assume it has to do with the way GTA V (optionally) handles transition between SP and MP where you basically have all 4 character (3 single player and your Online character) on the same character wheel and can switch to Online simply by tagging your Online character in.

I remember eons ago, shortly after GTA Online hit the shelves like 6 - 7 years ago, one of my buddies from my crew back then showed me an exploit / glitch where you'd park a car you wanted to bring from Single player to multiplayer at some particular point on the map, then did some weird stuff I would have never figured out by accicent and when you switched to multiplayer the car was still there and you could bring it into the garage and make it yours. So it appears the border between singleplayer and GTA Online is somewhat bleed-through and can be pierced if you know how to.

I didn't use that exploit to bring any expensive cars into Online but I did use it to bring Trevor's Bodhi, the one with the one eyed Teddy bear Trevor raped in the latter parts of the story, stuck behind the bull bars. I still consider it one of the priceless jewels in my car collection simply because noone else has it 😅

3 years ago

If you like to blue heart me, here i am ;-)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

It gets hidden from the Steam profile after 7(someone correct me here if I am wrong) years, but the ban is still there and other websites still show it.

3 years ago

Good to know :o

3 years ago

Well, I see taters, I blu-heart.

3 years ago

May I ask why I got banned from your GAs?

3 years ago

+1 same here xDDD

3 years ago

I don't remember, I removed it :p

3 years ago

thanks !!!

3 years ago

you are nicer then Steam ;)

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

3 years ago

And what happened with cute potato? :c.

3 years ago

That kind of sucks to be honest, and I wonder if there is any way to dispute it. As long as hacks aren't being used to ruin the fun for others, I'm pretty much ok with them. In fact, back when I used to play Call of Duty: Black Ops on the Nintendo Wii, it was always fun when people hosted hacked lobbies where we could jump around and find hidden secrets outside the map or even play custom game modes. I remember even hacks in the zombie mode that let me control the zombies are make them fight each other and so on.

It added so much extra fun, and it didn't effect anyone since it was all through private matches.

3 years ago

That sounds to me like making it illegal to play a game according to house rules; provided that everybody agrees, it's a great way of having fun. It's really hard to understand why you'd get banned for that, but I bet a bot banned you and no human has or will ever review it.

3 years ago

So do you want to celebrate the 2300th day since you got a VAC ban? Anyway, getting in line, to be on your whitelist.

3 years ago

That's a really unfortunate reason to get VAC banned for, definitely the saddest story starring a little potato that I've heard. :(

I think the lesson here is that winners don't play Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Zombies. ;)

3 years ago

It is rather ridiculous that even after more than six years that ban is still there. Aparently the idea that people make mistakes and that people can change is too much to grasp for Valve. At least you're taking it with humor, and that's a good attitude!

View attached image.
3 years ago

hello, brother in misfortune

3 years ago

No worries, less than a year and it won't even show up.

3 years ago

In a few months it won't show up! I think it disappears after 7 years! And that really sucks, honestly, I wish offline modding should be allowed. You are doing no harm and it can make a game 1000x more fun!

3 years ago

yep, i'm being much more cautious with games nowadays :p
thanks that info ;)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Ahhh we are on the same boat, 2359 days here, i just wanted to get out of maps and explore a bit on a Modern Warfare 2 private match, dumb kid things :(

3 years ago

Oof Potato :(

3 years ago

That's a bit ridiculous. Many years have passed, looks like the little potato is grown-up now, why should she still wear the badge of kiddy shame? :(

3 years ago

I remember using cheats on World At war zombies on xbox360. Those where the good days.

3 years ago

My steam mobile authenticator just said: IDDQD

.. ban Valve

View attached image.
3 years ago

It's a shame you got VAC for enjoying your game with a friend and doing no harm. I do not like competitive games and the threat of some type of ban stops me of using cheats in games that are too difficult for my meager skills - games that I own and I cannot enjoy (the first to come to my mind is one that was gifted on Epic, World War Z... I have watched videos of people playing alone and beating the levels on maximum difficulty, when I have only been able to beat them on level 2 or 3 (from 5) and with friends... I would love to get god mode and go on a rampage, but alas, there it is, collecting virtual dust after I got tired of getting my ass whooped).

They should clearly separate online/competitive from solo modes, and maybe at most disabling achievments; but otherwise, it's like being policed on how you use what you paid and own ("You want to have fried eggs and bacon for breakfast? Sorry, these eggs are only allowed for french omelette. If you do otherwise, you will be banned from the supermarket").

Games should come with cheat mode included in the game. It would save a lot of headaches.

3 years ago

I hardly disagree. You are not buying eggs, you are buying fried eggs or omelette, so you know what you're getting from the start. With cheats you are robbed of a feeling of satisfaction for completing hard level or a boss, feeling of actually getting better at something.

3 years ago

I respect that opinion; there is a long debate for those that defend that the game should be played as is for the enjoyment of achievment, and those that defend that cheats are an optional thing that would give enjoyment for those who do not have the time, skill, patience or just want to play it carefree (instead of watching a youtube playthrough). That debate extends also on what is considered proper play or not (manually copying save files, using walkthroughs... you name it).

Unfortunately, that debate is a minefield, so I am not going to enter further in. Just saying that I personally would be glad if that option was available and then everyone could choose freely how they wanted to play.

3 years ago

Cheats + Steam = bad idea

3 years ago

Poor cute potato. At least potatoes are delicious~ ;3

3 years ago

bump for being blacklisted! :D

3 years ago

Blacklisted too, who knows why.