Yes, you heard that right. Get the Stadia Controller and Chromecast Ultra free when you purchase Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia, and experience Night City to the absolute fullest.
https://stadia.google.com/store/details/49697e672bc34e7d8a5f73f78cb580d0rcp1/sku/cb3e8ed4bf954c9984fda697f2e8c06dp

UPDATE: Looks like the promotion is also in other countries
https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/10177658

You still have a $10 coupon for Borderlands 3 Ultimate.
Still not sold on the Stadia thing, but that Chromecast Ultra sounds righteous.
Would the Chromecast still work if you cancel your subscription?

Personal verdict: Considering the Chromecast with Google TV is $49.99. It makes sense if you want Cyberpunk 2077 and a controller for $10

Promotion ended: https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/kcm1ff/the_cyberpunk_2077_promotion_is_now_closed_in_all/

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Do you play games on Stadia?

View Results
Yes in a Stadium...er Stadia
I've thought about it...still thinking
....................................................(Your poll here)

I don't need both, for now at least. :)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Thanks will update

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Active links below.

3 years ago

I tried Stadia a bit ago with a 100mbit connection.
I finished Gylt, a slow- to midpaced indie singleplayer and it worked pretty well.

But I also tried GRID and the Bitrate was just to low. So I'm not sure if this is the right plattform to play a game like Cyberpunk.
Also I'm a bit afraid, that the service might get closed sooner or later (remember Hangouts, Google+, Picasa, Google Reader and so on? There is even a whole category on wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Discontinued_Google_services ).

I'm sure the Chromcast will still work. The Controller can be used on PC via Bluetooth.

3 years ago

not US only, also works for Germany !

€: Das Angebot gilt bis zum 18.12.2020 um 9:00 Uhr MEZ oder solange der Vorrat reicht. Damit du das Angebot nutzen kannst, musst du mindestens 18 Jahre alt sein, eine Lieferadresse in Deutschland haben und Cyberpunk 2077 auf Stadia im Angebotszeitraum vorbestellen oder kaufen

€: also works for Austria and Switzerland.

Also: this promo started already in october

3 years ago

Thanks, updated

3 years ago

not in Poland. Meh

3 years ago

Works in Italy

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Actually reviews suggest that CP2077 runs quite bad on most systems (Xbox, PS5, ...) apart from PC, so Stadia is probably one of the best ways to enjoy it for now

https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1337064452718546951?s=19

(this is not an endorsement of Stadia. I despise the idea of streaming services for gaming)

3 years ago

I live in a country where any sort of streaming service is just a joke. It will be another century before the internet here will be good enough to play with Stadia.

3 years ago

Like inakicm said above, its valid for more places. Offer valid from October 15 2020 to 17 December 2020, so if you are interested, start to think hard about what you wanna do now, not much time left.

Austria
Belgium nl
Belgium fr
Canada eng
Canada fr
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Norway
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland de
Switzerland fr
UK
USA

Myself I am going to make a hard pass. I do not approve of monthly gaming costs, not as in Stadia or other similar game streaming platforms, nor as in games themselves as in MMO's etc. Don't own/play a single one that has this type of payment method. But hey, that's me. You do you.

3 years ago*

Just to let you know, if you buy the game for Stadia, you don't have to pay anything else to play it. The monthly gaming cost of Stadia is only if you want to play it in 4K, but if you're happy with 1080p then in a way you just buy the game and the "console" is for "free".

3 years ago

Hmmmm. That is interesting.
So you're saying I can join Stadia without paying, just use it like any other platform (Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc) and only pay if I want the really high resolutions?

Or is this a CP 2077 thing only?

3 years ago

If you buy a game, you can play it in 1080-blurry for free, but not in 4k-perhapslessblurry.*

(* = my opinions are mostly malformed by Destiny 2 looking really poor on Stadia, but it's super fluid and all)

Since they have a one time ten euro discount coupon, people could buy Borderlands 3 + DLCs for 0.99€, or Breakpoint for 1.19€.
Almost cheap enough to make an account for each game ;P

3 years ago*

The poll misses the "Cloud gaming is cancer" option

3 years ago

Cloud gaming is not cancer. Google Stadia is cancer, dead end of Cloud services. Shadow Blade better in all aspects.

3 years ago

Meh... Let's just say Stadia is the worst. But still, cloud gaming dispossesses you of your machine (and your games). I'd say cloud gaming makes sense just for multiplayer games where anticheat is needed, if it allows you to run the anticheat only on the remote machine (which I'm not really sure is the case, for instance to detect stuff like aimbots)

3 years ago

In Shadow you have only your own games (Steam, Uplay, GOG, etc). It look like you run virtual Operating system. You can run anything what you want, except software/games cracks, BT-torrents. But SSD/HDD space very limited, 256GB (base) + 255GB (for every 3 GBP), maximum 256GB + 1TB.

3 years ago

There's also Geforce Now similar to shadow but mainstream and only games companies allow. So no greedy devs but if you buy cyberpunk on steam it works on Now.

3 years ago

No-no! Shadow not similar to Geforce Now. Similar to LiquidSky (retired project from Dec 2018). You have WIndows 10 system with Cloud Hardware emulated as typical PC hardware. You can install whatever you want, as long as it doesn't require special system rights. Some functions are closed for modification. Rarely are some developers blocking the use of cloud Hardware or blocking Cloud Computing IP addresses.
But compared to Geforce Now, you absolutely do not need to worry if there is support for this game in the Shadow, whether the creators of the cloud have agreed with the developers of the game. If the game passes the system requirements, you can play it. Unlimited access, there is only inactivity time: 30 minutes for an active cloud and 15 minutes if you exit by simply clicking the cross in the client window. Plus, there are technical problems with data centers and technical work is periodically carried out.

The core concept of the Shadow "virtual remote computer", in which you can do whatever you want (legally) exept run games, even watch YouTube, Twitch stream, even listen to music, read comics/books, is really the best on the market. A service that stay face to face to customer.
If you want to try Shadow, you can use my invite code (~invite/ALEDLVUR), it reduces the cost of the first month by 10USD /10EUR/10 GBP. The code is used only once an account and gives a discount only for the first month. Possible by Christmas there may be discounts and a coupon + discount will give an even lower cost of the first month of use. There were Xmas discounts last year.

3 years ago

You can install whatever you want, as long as it doesn't require special system rights.
So... like 80% of games are unplayable, because they need administrator rights to install drivers?

But compared to Geforce Now, you absolutely do not need to worry if there is support for this game in the Shadow, whether the creators of the cloud have agreed with the developers of the game. If the game passes the system requirements, you can play it.
That's because Nvidia isn't an ***hole and doesn't want to profit off developers without their agreement. (The service is purely based on playing the games, so profting off that is kinda unethical without the developers consent, maybe it would even be possible to sue them for that?)

even watch YouTube, even listen to music, read comics/books
Why would you need a cloud service for that...

A service that stay face to face to customer.
Did they pay you to say that?

If you want to try Shadow, you can use my invite code (~invite/ALEDLVUR), it reduces the cost of the first month by 10USD /10EUR/10 GBP. The code is used only once an account and gives a discount only for the first month. Possible by Christmas there may be discounts and a coupon + discount will give an even lower cost of the first month of use.
Oh. -_-
It's also kinda odd that it doesn't doesnt convert currencies anyhow. (USD≠EUR≠GBP)

I don't really want to say why is Nvidia Geforce now better, as I haven't tried the Shadow service, but from what I've seen so far:
1) Geforce Now can run all the supported games, no matter the system requirements.
2) Geforce Now subscription is cheaper (≐€5 per month or ≐€4,4 if you buy 6 month subscription)
+
If you buy the subscription, you can use Ray-tracing with the supported games
3) You can use Geforce Now for free (although you can play for only 1 hour at once, but nothing prevents you from hopping back on, when the time runs out)

3 years ago*

So... like 80% of games are unplayable, because they need administrator rights to install drivers?

Nope. I not have any problem with installing and run any game, included anticheat systems. All works like in your own computer.

That's because Nvidia isn't an ***hole and doesn't want to profit off developers without their agreement.

What profit?? Shadow do not provide ANY games. In Shadow you run you owned games via Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc. You have purchased games, you can play them. What you game bought - what you can install&run.

Why would you need a cloud service for that...

Just because, because can do it. You can do something while the game is installing or while you wait for your session in multiplayer. At Amazon AWS, people write programs, test games and distributed systems, and conduct security tests for operating systems.

Did they pay you to say that?

Pay for what? They don't set what you, customers, can play and what you can't. You are given remote access to cloud equipment, you do whatever you want on it, within the limits of legality.

It's also kinda odd that it doesn't doesnt convert currencies anyhow. (USD≠EUR≠GBP)

Currecy locked to choosen datacenter, for USA US-datacentres you can pay only in USD, for United Kingdoms - GB-DC (real location Paris, France) and you can pay only in GBP, for Europe - EU-DC (France-Netherlands) and you can pay only in EUR. Price in USD better that other else, but it is possible to pay $ only for US-DC, for American Shadow version.

1) Geforce Now can run all the supported games, no matter the system requirements.

1) Geforce Now supports a limited number of games. Moreover, their number even decreases over time. Origin games are NOT SUPPORTED. Rockstar Games (GTAV, RDR2) Games - NOT SUPPORTED. A year and a half ago, GTAV was at GF Now, now not. Activision-Blizzard Games (Call of Duty Series, etc.) ARE NOT SUPPORTED. Some Ubisoft games are not supported, for example Ghost Recon Wildlands. Previously, this game was in GF Now, I sometimes played it there. Thousands of games, especially those without Steam Cloud Save support, are simply not available, you can't even install them.
Any network failure, any inactivity for 2-4 minutes and goodbye to the game session, goodbye to the match in the multiplayer game, all the saves disappear, all the beautiful screenshots fly into a black hole. In Shadow, if something happens to the network or you have to restart your physical computer, then you just start the Shadow client again and return to your virtual PC, to those games that were launched. Now the time during which the Cloud session is active when the client is closed is 15 minutes, a year ago it was 1 hour. Support writes that because of the "Bat-virus". And even if you have lost the Internet for a long time, for hours, your Cloud will simply automatically shut down, as computers with Windows do (sleep mode and hypernation, unfortunately, are not implemented), will save all files. And you just continue from the save location.

2) Geforce Now subscription is cheaper (€5 per month or €4, 4 if you buy 6 month subscription)

2) Yes, GF Now is cheaper by $10 and $8, compared to Shadow 1 month/1 month of year subsribe $15/$12. Shadow is more expensive, but is price for more more advanced features. I don’t know about GF Now, but in Shadow with an annual agreement, the fee is monthly. It makes sense to buy a month subscription for only for evaluation, to check whether the service suits you or not. If you have any difficulties, do not like the quality of the service, you can make a refund within 2 weeks.
In addition, in GF Now, even for real money, games remain the maximum game session is 5 hours, the time of inactivity is ~ 4-5 minutes.

3) You can use Geforce Now for free (although you can play for only 1 hour at once, but nothing prevents you from hopping back on, when the time runs out)

3) One hour is nothing at all. There, after another half an hour, a non-removable countdown timer window appears.

These cloud services have different models, GF Now is SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), Shadow is IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service), or Desctop-as-a-Service.

Here is a detailed article on gaming cloud services. Shadow is there in all respects, except for price, in first place. Anyone who track Cloud Tech knows about Shadow. Although Blade company itself is very sluggish work in advertising Shadow.
https://www.cloudwards.net/top-five-cloud-services-for-gamers/

3 years ago*

And yes, going back to Stadia, this cloud service is an order of magnitude behind from Shadow, that from GF Now. Buying games so that only Stadia can launch them? This is just insane! Even the pioneer of Cloud gaming Onlive was CloudLift, where supported games could be plugged into the Onlive cloud. Apparently Google is so obsessed with the "divercity", with social, national, ethnic, gender quotas, so that they forgot to select employees based on their professional qualities.

3 years ago

Nope. I not have any problem with installing and run any game, included anticheat systems. All works like in your own computer.
Very well, as I said, I haven't used it, so I didn't know.

What profit?? Shadow do not provide ANY games. In Shadow you run you owned games via Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc. You have purchased games, you can play them. What you game bought - what you can install&run.
What I meant was... let me explain what I meant by giving you a different example:
Someone builds a road for bicycles, the access is paid and you have to bring your own bike.
You have this great idea, that you will set up a shop right next to it where you are going to sell bikes.
From ethical view, you should ask the owner of the road, if you can set up the shop as you will profit off their creation.
That's what I meant.

Just because, because can do it. You can do something while the game is installing or while you wait for your session in multiplayer. At Amazon AWS, people write programs, test games and distributed systems, and conduct security tests for operating systems.
Well, from what I remember, GeforceNow has pretty fast download speed and I don't remember waiting too long any time I was playing. (I used to play Hitman 2 with dlcs with it, which is almost 110GB)

Pay for what? They don't set what you, customers, can play and what you can't. You are given remote access to cloud equipment, you do whatever you want on it, within the limits of legality.
I was reacting to you saying "A service that stay face to face to customer." as that sounds like something some advertisement would say.

Currecy locked to choosen datacenter, for USA US-datacentres you can pay only in USD, for United Kingdoms - GB-DC (real location Paris, France) and you can pay only in GBP, for Europe - EU-DC (France-Netherlands) and you can pay only in EUR. Price in USD better that other else, but it is possible to pay $ only for US-DC, for American Shadow version.
That still looks kinda odd, as I don't see the reason, why couldn't they just convert the currencies?

1) Geforce Now supports a limited number of games. Moreover, their number even decreases over time. Origin games are NOT SUPPORTED. Rockstar Games (GTAV, RDR2) Games - NOT SUPPORTED. A year and a half ago, GTAV was at GF Now, now not. Activision-Blizzard Games (Call of Duty Series, etc.) ARE NOT SUPPORTED. Some Ubisoft games are not supported, for example Ghost Recon Wildlands. Previously, this game was in GF Now, I sometimes played it there. Thousands of games, especially those without Steam Cloud Save support, are simply not available, you can't even install them.
This goes back to the ethical stuff. They don't have to ask for developers permission (or have to because of legal stuff) and so if the developer doesn't want the game to be available using Nvidia Geforce Now, they have to remove it.

Any network failure, any inactivity for 2-4 minutes and goodbye to the game session, goodbye to the match in the multiplayer game
No. I have used Geforce Now for a while before and even if you are inactive it just closes the game window. Nothing stops you from launching the game again and continuing in your session. (or at least so did it work for me)

all the saves disappear
Your last save/autosave should be stored.

all the beautiful screenshots fly into a black hole
Screenshots are saved in your computer.

It makes sense to buy a month subscription for only for evaluation, to check whether the service suits you or not. If you have any difficulties, do not like the quality of the service, you can make a refund within 2 weeks.
Where did you find that? Only thing related to refunding was:
"Can I cancel my order and get a refund?
You can cancel your subscription any time if you've subscribed to a monthly subscription. You may be eligible for a refund if you're located in an Explorer State."
Explorer State is 10 states in USA. No refunds elsewhere?
source: https://shadow.tech/faq

In addition, in GF Now, even for real money, games remain the maximum game session is 5 hours,
I would say that's more than enough?
Playing (only) 5 hours in one session is already quite unhealthy. (also nothing is stopping you from leaving your current session and starting another one)

the time of inactivity is ~ 4-5 minutes.
As I wrote before, this is not completely true.

One hour is nothing at all.
I would say it's quite enough. If you try to find more good things about it, it can help you make heatlhy breaks, so you don't spend too much time playing games.

There, after another half an hour, a non-removable countdown timer window appears.
It's not too big and doesn't affect the gameplay anyhow. (I can't even compare it with shadow, as it doesn't offer anything like that)

Here is a detailed article on gaming cloud services. Shadow is there in all respects, except for price, in first place.
Did you even read the article?
The reason why Geforce Now wasn't chosen the best was because it was in beta at the time of the writing.
Quote from the article:
"Shadow gets near the performance of GeForce Now and is available right now."
Even they wrote that Geforce Now was better but in beta. And that isn't true anymore and possibly even some more things changed? (maybe some stuff regarding shadow?)

But yes, I agree that Stadia is pointless.

Edit: Also, the article you linked doesn't look very good (in objectivity) due to the fact that it instantly threw a refferal code for Shadow, when I tryed to read it, which makes you question if it is biased or not.

3 years ago*

Yes cloud gaming is cancer cause you use all the time a stream to see games. That's a wastes of energy and ressources.
I think there's a point where if you play very few, it can be better than dl the game on you pc...Oh yes, cloud gaming dl also the game in lot of cases....
I don't think internet system need this one more pression anymore.

3 years ago

My brother got it and i can play it with family share. Will give a try tomoroow. We got this week Borderlands 3 Definitive Edition on Stadia for 0,99€ and we are having a pretty decent experience.
I'm having some resolution problems because my screen is 1440p and Stadia doesn't goes up to 4K on default, stays at 1080p, but other than that the experience is beeing good enough to get other game on Stadia.

If your subscription ends you can still play with your Chromecast, but not in 4K... 4K streaming is only avaliable when you have Stadia PRO subscription on. For the price, a controller and Chromecast Ultra for 60€ is pretty decent, also you get a game so not that bad.

3 years ago

how did you get borderlands 3 for that price ? its over €50 in the shop ...

3 years ago

Last week store deal + 10€ discount for first purchase.

3 years ago

I'm having some resolution problems because my screen is 1440p and Stadia doesn't goes up to 4K on default, stays at 1080p

You can fix this with a browser extension, right?

3 years ago

Yeah, found Stadia Enchanced extension that fix this.

3 years ago

Poll option: my internet can't even watch netflix or youtube without buffering and pixelating, so I won't even try cloud gaming :P

3 years ago

I tried Stadia Pro once as a free trial, and it was pretty frustrating. My connection is overall very fast, it simply drops the connection for maybe 1-2 seconds several times each hour -- I usually hardly notice, except that each time it disconnected with Stadia, Google would treat that as a power outage, meaning that when I reconnected 1 second later, Stadia kept losing all of my game state information and would just drop me back at the Start screen to load my last save. Too frustrating.

I also had a frustrating experience with their "free games" that I claimed while subscribed to Stadia Pro; they're only temporarily accessible for as long as you pay their Stadia Pro monthly fee. <smh>

3 years ago

I got it, I've been playing 2h yesterday and no problems at all, so it seems like a good platform to play it.
No downloads, no lag, not worrying about my PC requirements... It's not on Ultra settings, but it runs perfectly as far as I can tell.

3 years ago

Input lag is terrible, the business model is terrible too

3 years ago

I'm on Comcrap and they have a 1.2 TB data usage cap each month. Stadia would just eat up my data.

3 years ago

Too bad Stadia is not available in my country/continent, sounds like a nice deal tho.

3 years ago

can anyone give me some good advice if i should go for Cyberpunk 2077 on stadia or on steam ?
has anyone got Cyberpunk running on stadia and does it look like google is running it on good hardware ?

3 years ago

Unfortunately, only games purchased in a Stadia can be played in a Stadia. This is a completely dead-end branch of cloud computing. Even Geforce Now has a future, where you can run YOUR purchased supported games.

3 years ago

So basically you buy something broken and you get another broken thing for free. Seems like a good deal.

3 years ago

Lol

3 years ago

I believe you get a total of three things, so you're not entirely correct :p

I don't know how many of those things are broken though :)

3 years ago

So much for reliable service

Stadia @ Downdetector

3 years ago

not in Ukraine. Meh(

3 years ago

Stadia and cloud gaming, eh? At this very moment even Gmail is down...globally.

3 years ago

Uhm OK, but seriously who on Earth would buy Cyberpunk 2077 on google's garbage platform? I mean people are condemning Epic for giving away games for FREE...

3 years ago

I did!
But I also actually play games on Epic and even bought some games there, so I guess I'm just absolutely crazy...

3 years ago

I stand corrected... Personally I disapprove of google because of their forced left-liberal point of view.

I do use Origin, Uplay, Gog and Epic though. Love them all too :D

3 years ago

3 years ago

Feels like they missed a trick here - I'm sure the promotion didn't make them money in the short term but until console performance is fixed they could have got a lot of people into Stadia.

3 years ago

I agree, I think many ppl were considering to go for that deal. It sucks that they ended it early

3 years ago

Thanks. Guess I thought for too long...oh well.
I guess my major issue is I will have to be online to play a single player game...

3 years ago

Same for me, i wanted to get it but I wanted to try it first to make sure it works with my setup. I tried destiny on it and today I wanted to buy it just to find out the deal has been removed.

3 years ago

You are not missing out. Do not get Chromecast Ultra (as was in this bundle), get Chromecast with Google TV, then you have a remote + can use any app like Nvidia GeForce Now in addition to Stadia.

3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by magicmase.