1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

So young...

1 decade ago

As a new (very new) developer i have to say that i preffer ouya. Why? Orientated to gaming and not to media entertaiment. second because ouya have a tegra 3 proccesor that is way better than a qualqomm (in a gaming point of view). third they promise an annual update to the console, they were the first on belive in this type of console so its normal that being the first console is the worst but just wait for the ouya 2 or whatever they wanna call it. 4rd the controller is much better. 5th its more beautifuill and better build quality. and 6 ouya appear from the croud fountding they start from 0 they do all the work and they opened the way for android consoles so just give them 1 or 2 years and you will see.

Sorry my english is very poor i try my best hope you can understand :S

1 decade ago

and remember amazon is really biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig they have a enormous dev team that makes market researches and all looks easy but for an indie studio (or new enterprise)its really difficult to find the right way.
(Amazon fire tv controller is sold separately)

1 decade ago

Ouya was dead even before it came out.

1 decade ago

^ this.

1 decade ago

Agreed...

1 decade ago

mine runs xbmc and xbmc only

1 decade ago

dude have u SEEN the amazing frog?

1 decade ago

I think it's called abortion...

1 decade ago

Babies can die before being born without being aborted...

1 decade ago

Natural abortion. The basics are the same.

1 decade ago

It's not. The word you're looking for is miscarriage.

1 decade ago

So be it :)

1 decade ago

Yes it is.
Miscarriage is the same as spontaneous abortion, so both abortion and miscarriage are correct.

1 decade ago

Agreed, I was saying this then and most people were acting like I was an idiot. As usual, with time, I'm proven right.

1 decade ago

agreed

1 decade ago

I'm pretty sure Ouya was a stillborn.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Why?

1 decade ago

Because.

1 decade ago

What?

1 decade ago

wat?!

1 decade ago

Do they speak English in "wat"?!

1 decade ago

lol Streaming. Why? I'll just play shit on my PC.

1 decade ago

Actually it is RIP Roku instead.

Damn, that's a good deal

1 decade ago

I agree with this too, I don't know what Apple's plans were with the Apple TV before but this has given them little choice at this point. Personally, I'd rather have an Apple TV with these specs and abilities.

1 decade ago

sad...

1 decade ago

I called it ;D

1 decade ago

Who need this kind of console?

1 decade ago

Who needs any kind of console?

1 decade ago

Who needs anything anyway?

1 decade ago

Food, oxygen, water and some heath are nice... Rest is pretty useless...

1 decade ago

Overrated.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

The Ouya never lived

1 decade ago

I didn't even know what that "Ouya" thing is. First time I ever heard of it is in this thread, so I googled to find out what it is. Now I know, and it looks rather pointless to me.

1 decade ago

No interest.

Most TVs today you can buy today are smart TV and if people that want to play games on their TV most likely have a console that is far superior to a glorified Android device.

1 decade ago

I think its R.I.P. 2013-2013.

1 decade ago

They must have something in the bank if they're matching $50,000 in the JetGetters Kickstarter.

1 decade ago

They made over 8 million dollars with the Kickstarter.

1 decade ago

Wow, thats a nice box, if it came with the controller it would crap all over the OUYA price wise but to be honest lets wait and see how OUYA 2 does....not gonna jump the gun.

1 decade ago

it would have had to be alive at one point to RIP.

1 decade ago

What, are you telling me Ouya has actually lived?

1 decade ago

What does a little box that plays videos have to do with a little box that plays games? They're not competition for each other.

1 decade ago

You mean what does a little box that can play videos and games have to do with a little box that can play games and videos? That's an interesting question, sure.

1 decade ago

I don't see anything in the article saying that (or even hinting that) the amazon device will play games, and even if it could play them, there's no controller, just a simple remote control. So, assuming you could run games on it, you'd have to hook it up to a touch screen or something, at which point you may as well have just bought a tablet.

1 decade ago

The forum post might've been updated since you wrote your first post, but it clearly shows both a gamepad and a chart that states that the Fire TV will support games (100+ with more coming).
Other sources say that it will probably support third party bluetooth controllers, Minecraft: Pocket Edition seems to be one of the games that it can play.

1 decade ago

There's this thing on your browser called a scroll bar. It enables you to see more than the initial loaded page if you use it to move your view down the page! HI-U TECH-U.

1 decade ago

ouya was dead anyways, raises 6.5 million on kickstarter... "here you go, for only $99 you can play flash and android games on your TV!!!" , any normal person would just put that $99 towards a console or pc parts

1 decade ago

^This. Never saw the appeal honestly

1 decade ago

My Ouya never output any sound, they sent me a replacement in a giant box and it wasnt secured at all (rattled around in the box like mad). They refunded me my full backers amount.

1 decade ago

lol, shows how much faith in their own product they have when they deal with customer service issues like this.

"Oh it's busted? Ehhhh, send a new o0ne, just chuck the fucker in a box and mail it. Oh and sure, send him his cash back or whatever, Jim."

1 decade ago

Well I sent them back the broken one and the one "in the box" to get my refund. To be fair to them, it wasnt actually Ouya themselves who box & ship the consoles, it was their partner that sent me to poorly packaged console.

1 decade ago

Ok, but in the end, they're still responsible for who they choose for logistics, and if that company was making such ridiculous mistakes, they surely drop the ball (or the package :P) all the time.. Hence, you'd expect Ouya to tell em to sod off, and get a new company to run logistics for them.

1 decade ago

Well I sent Ouya photos of the packaging it turned up in and they were as surprised as I was. They at least immediately passed on my photo evidence up the chain of command. Here's part of my e-mails with their support:

Me:
I also want to note that the replacement Ouya unit that I accepted today was packaged very poorly.
The box had around 10 times the amount of volume space than required and the unit was not secured to any inner wall of the box. All the unit had as protection was a single layer of thin bubble-wrap. I have attached a picture.
Rest assured, I will package it far more appropriately than this, but I want to simply register my shock that the unit was shipped in such a way where it could be thrown around inside the box (indeed, I heard it rattling about as the UPS delivery man handled the package).
The forward facing metal panel of the unit (where "OUYA" is engraved) was covered in faint scratches upon arrival.

Ouya Support:
I'm shocked by the packaging too and shared the photo and information with our shipping manager who will appropriately get on our shipping partner immediately about this. I'm truly sorry for that, it's completely unacceptable.

Photo:
This is an edited photo of one I sent them (I've shrunk it and edited out the receipt for here)
Its hard to tell from this photo, but the box was twice as tall as an Ouya, over twice as wide, and almost three times as long. The bubble wrap was not sealed, and not secured to one side of the box. The console itself was pretty scratched up, which I sent them separate pics of.
CLICKY

1 decade ago

Wow. Having worked in warehouses with packaging myself, all I can say is goddamn, some low wage muthafuckas got lazy! :P

1 decade ago

You get what you pay for.

1 decade ago

Yes and no. Shit like this usually happens when an employee is too lazy to go get a proper sized box, and half-asses his job. Low wage or not, it's still paid work, and isn't the kind of job that warrants or deserves high pay due to no education being needed. When you're doing any kind of work where you handle someone else's property, half-assing it this badly is morally and ethically unacceptable.

1 decade ago

So young...

1 decade ago

Amazon announced a set-top box. So? This has nothing to do with OUYA. Amazon Fire TV is in competition with Apple TV and Google Chromecast.

1 decade ago

Scroll down the page.

1 decade ago

oh shit. Not a deal breaker, but I might not get their controller.

Android games will be based on amazon app store so it's either rebuy the games on their service or bust (Even you bought it already in google play)

1 decade ago

and nothing of worth was lost..

1 decade ago

Nah, the Ouja board will always be my favourite.

1 decade ago

Ouija isn't it?

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by HNIC.