What am I supposed to do with this information that I already had

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

not for you,for everyone who looks at this thread
also, you didn't had a motherfucking countdown

6 years ago

So why you reply it at me then?

And well, thanks to the FSM for the internet I could search on internet for one, it's like magic found it and access it publicly

6 years ago

Not everybody is good as you.

6 years ago

Why do people need leaks to know that these sales happen annually, they aren't even real sales like summer and winter. :)

6 years ago

Some might argue constantly that even summer and winter sales aren't proper sales anymore.

6 years ago

Some argue that after every sale that become worse and worse according to them.

But in summer and winter you get to craft your badges to get sale cards, which you can then sell and buy the games you want. That's how a real sale works, not by giving the same tired -10% on crap you don't want.

6 years ago

A real sale works by giving you 10 cents worth of cards?

6 years ago

Why not 100s of dollars worth as long as we're making up numbers? You are free to get as much or little as you want and worked for.

6 years ago

3 cards per day, that's how many cards a "real" sale gives you. Pretty negligible if you ask me.

6 years ago

Everyone gets the 3-4 cards, I was talking about crafting badges to get more sale cards than that.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

6 years ago

Still prittly wortless to me. Yes I remember when it was first time, the sale cards where 0,3...0,4, now you get 0,08 - fees in first day & price will fall after that. Better to sell the cards you will make badges from. And also you can get all the games cheaper in other sites, comparing to steam sales, not even mentioning the bundles. I haven't brought anything from steam sale for couple of years, but I do time to time from other sites.

6 years ago

There still isn't cheaper than free anywhere and other sites require you to use actual money instead of steambux.

6 years ago

+1 I REMEMBER THE FIRST 2 SALES...oh god they were awesome..games with achievment to beat, voucher and game to be won, events,so much effort in sales..now its only a stupid badge and nothing more.

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

Nevermind this isn't a standard sale anyway, so the "happen annually" part is inaccurate anyway. We do occasionally get a minor spring event, but that's not an annual sale, but them having an opportunity to fill that empty niche with whatever concept comes to mind that year.

Edit:

Those are still the only 4 big, annual ones (unless I managed to completely overlook a massive sale this past year. I mean.. it was a pretty demanding year, so I guess it's possible o.O;).
However, Valve runs any number of "weekend sales" through the year, and given the large gap on annual sales during the spring, there's often one or two small ones with varying themes in this season (like the Indie sale mentioned in the thread I linked above). While I believe 2-3 days is more common (ergo the, this 4-day Lunar sale seems to just match to that usual paradigm. The Lunar Sale is a bit different in that it did have an earlier iteration back in 2016, but it's a bit early to determine it to be a fifth annual sale (and it's clearly still of much smaller size than the "big 4"). It certainly could be Valve attempting to build up that idea, so as to eventually get a regular major sale during the spring- but for now, it's still not standard (and thus, lacks the predictability and scale that would entail).

In short, we need leaks because right now spring sales are still wholly unpredictable, and short enough in duration to easily miss out on.

6 years ago*

So it seems, I don't bother keep track of these minor sales that are of no interest, my bad. :)

Your list looks like steady 4 sales per year, is that still the same or did they increase the amount?

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 years ago.

6 years ago*

I'm just gonna guess that this will turn into a yearly recurring sale.
Gabe's found out that there are still too many Chinese Yuans that aren't on his bank accounts, and that market is finally relaxing a bit to foreigners in the past few years...

6 years ago

Aren't Lunar sales as big (in number of games) as Black Friday Sales?
And "3rd time a charm", I guess they are new regular "some important day" sales.

6 years ago

This should only be the second Lunar sale, unless I've overlooked one. The first one (in 2016) was surprisingly large-scale, at a full 7 days in duration- but as this one is only indicated to be 4 days in duration, it seems more likely to match to the usual "weekend sales" that they usually throw out this time of year. Or to the Black Friday sale, yes- which, while reliable, is both similarly short duration and never matches to the scale of the "big sales" (largely, because it's massively overshadowed by the much bigger Autumn sale right adjacent to it).

6 years ago

Black Friday Sale (well, Black Week I guess) is Autumn Sale, it's just called Autumn since most of the world had no idea what Black Friday is until last few years.

6 years ago

That makes more sense (though as far as your association, I always thought it was actually due to rest of the world not celebrating Thanksgiving [to which Black Friday is associated] ). As far as the rest, I blame outlets making up their own names for the sale for my confusing the specifics (especially as I was moving during that period this year and couldn't follow the sales), though I'm not sure why I recalled it as being a regular thing. Whoops.

In that case, though, no- it likely won't be anywhere near to the scale of the Autumn/Exploration sale, considering its lack of established weight and its indicated brevity of duration. So far the 2016 Lunar Sale seems to have been a fluke among Spring sales.

6 years ago*

We still get Black Friday deals in Europe, but they are nothing compared to the real sales (once again) after Xmas. That's how smart economy works, you sell at full price when people are desperate to buy presents, then clean up rest with heavy discounts after. :)

6 years ago

The Winter sale that just happened was actually very decent. Best one in a couple years.

6 years ago

i'd say one of the worst, the sale during black friday however was slightly decent for a change

6 years ago

Yep. First time that NOT waiting for the steam winter sale to empty my wallet was a good move.

6 years ago

But, weren't they the same, just Winter added few more games with discounts?

6 years ago

only a few games got discounts matched ex: just cause3
The rest was usually bad discounts, and some worse than the black friday sale

6 years ago*

Hmm, would be interesting to get some big list of such games, just to know for the future. Know any site that do such gkibak comparison (not just manually checking game after game using steamdb)?

6 years ago

idk, ive mostly only seen the steamgifts thread for the sale, but theres also isthereanydeal website and steam.madjoki.com website for bundles

6 years ago

I missed exploration sale sooooo much.

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

they need time to prepare to complain how 99% off sales aren't enough.

View attached image.
6 years ago

That's odd, I'd thought you were progressive enough to know and care about digital blackface

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

I was about to say I'm probably in the clear here since I rarely post gifs but then I realize I'm most likely some kind of animal abuser

6 years ago

Deleted

6 years ago

So posting your own pic online makes you hate yourself? I guess that about sums up using social media.

6 years ago

I'm only figuratively a sloth, not literary

6 years ago

Happy cakeday!

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

Such a nice display of attribution bias

6 years ago

congrats, you made it. ^^

6 years ago

No, you can't prove I made it. Someone else made it. It was never made in the first place

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

They help a liiittle bit about not buying a game at full price if a sale hits in a few days, but let's face it - I really doubt that there's a 3-week period during any time of the year that there is no sale going on somewhere. Like Steam almost had a constant sale from september until mid january...

6 years ago

Lunar sale isn't annual tho, only 2016 so far :P

6 years ago

It's based on the Lunar year, not Solar, that must explain it. :P

6 years ago

happy cakeday brah ^_^

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 months ago.

6 years ago

You only want Valve games? Since Gaben can only set prices for his own games, not anyone else's.

6 years ago

And let's be honest, Gaben has been very, very generous with his games' prices during sales.

6 years ago

From what I've seen, it takes roughly 10 years for a Valve game to go down to 90% off, and the decline to such appears to be a fairly gradual one.

It's a bit hard to assign an objective metric to the evaluation of generosity in this kind of context, but comparative to other developers (who often hit steep discounts within 3 years), Valve doesn't seem at all noteworthy in their discount rates. [Though in fairness, Valve games are so old that they never had to deal with the current set of market expectations.] Regardless of whether Valve leans more toward stingy or more toward open-handedness, I at the very least don't see any premise for determining them to be "very, very generous". Could you elaborate (with supporting evidence) on why you believe such to be the case?

I've always interpreted Valve as being on the stingy end of things, myself (though I don't feel that's necessarily something to begrudge a developer for, either).

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

I bought that for -82% on top of the discount per game: http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/232/Valve_Complete_Pack/

6 years ago

Happy cake day

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 months ago.

6 years ago

Steam sales are so ResidentSleeper nowadays.

6 years ago

Lunar Steam Sale

I'm anticipating all the wrong things, I'm sure. :P

6 years ago

Sales of Lunar acreage are strictly forbidden on SteamGifts. And no, you can't buy a star here, either.

6 years ago

So exoplanets are ok?

6 years ago

Only if the current owners of said exoplanet clear it with CG, first.

6 years ago

Well, can't wait!

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

6 years ago

Nice. I got gifted 20 euros in a Steam Card and wanted to spend them.

6 years ago

I believe this is going to be an annual sale on Steam.

6 years ago

Thank you for the heads up, PsyKo. :-)

Bring it on, Valve!

6 years ago

Steam are desperate for greedy money, because the truth is their last sales failed miserably because of the increasingly ridiculous prices.

6 years ago

I don't call any event as a sale unless Bethesda isn't greedy and all their older titles aren't 75% off.

6 years ago

+1

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

6 years ago

I hope the set of Visual Novels I want will be on a decent discount :<

6 years ago

Here's leaked dates for ****** Sale: 21th Jun - 3rd Jul

6 years ago

Good, hopefully I'll be able to get some titles off the top of my wishlist.

6 years ago

Let it go..

6 years ago

View attached image.
6 years ago

Please, no hundreads threads "What should i buy" and "I have $1, write your recommendation" ┬─┬ ノ (º _ º ノ)

6 years ago

I have almost 6€ in steam wallet so I'm quite happu there's going to be a sale <3

6 years ago

Welp, it seems i'm gonna finally buy Civ 5 Complete, or Stellaris... or both. -_-

6 years ago

stellaris? wasnt it bundled for less?

6 years ago

It probably was, but my regional prices on sales are usually cheaper than HB monthly.

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.