So I saw that is posible to CrossfireX 2 same series cards like 7950 with 7970 without problems, they both are 79xx.( I saw too that someone did a Crossfore with 7870 and 7950, even then AMd said is not possible is graphics series are different.)

But what about two same series Nvidia cards 6xx, is possible to SLI 660ti ith 670 or 680? they are same series graphics no?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

No.

1 decade ago

really :O? Nvidia don't care about SLI 2 same series cards? since AMD did it...:/

1 decade ago

It's a tad counterproductive to CF two different cards. Take a 7870 + 7850 CF for example, I'm fairly certain the 7870 will just downclock itself to match the slower card. So you're not exactly getting the best bang for your buck that way.

1 decade ago

No you can only SLI with same model card and preferible same brand also

1 decade ago

That's ultra bad :(, but 660 ti SLI do it great too, but I prefered a newer card :S

1 decade ago

Sell your 660 and buy a 670/680 then,

1 decade ago

If you already have one 660ti, adding another 660 ti is going to be better than running just one 670 or 680, so that's not too bad, really.

1 decade ago

Better yeah, but SLI can be more trouble then it worth, gotta weigh the factors, usually a more powerful single card is the better choice.

1 decade ago

Two way SLI isn't too bad. Its when you do 3-way and 4-way thats a bit more problematic.

1 decade ago

No,you can't

1 decade ago

guys isn't THAT SLI?

1 decade ago

But this is 640 not 670 or 680 :(

1 decade ago

No, not exactly. They are using ONE video card for the video, and ONE video card as a dedicated phys-x processor. The cards don't have to match in this situation because only 1 card is handling the video rendering. It's not the same as running 2 video cards together in SLI/crossfire to handle video rendering.

1 decade ago

You can use two different cards if you devote one to Physx processing. But you can't run SLI on two different cards. That's what Crossfire is for.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by lordcataclysm10.