Sometimes when I'm joining two giveaways with just a few seconds in between all my points are getting removed, and it's really annoying. Is this some kind of anti bot script because I've had about ~100 points taken from me, don't want them back though, just want someone to fix this nonsense.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Weird, never happened to me.
You should try not to enter giveaways so fast. Maybe leave a comment on one of them before jumping onto the next one.

1 decade ago

This.

1 decade ago

I always enter and leave giveaways that I opened in multiple tabs in seconds. Nothing like this ever happened to me before.

1 decade ago

Don't have so man tabs open. Your points are probably going at a normal rate, you just see big drops because all the tabs.

1 decade ago

Man Tabs

1 decade ago

MAN TABS

1 decade ago

lol

1 decade ago

This is my hypothesis as well.

The points in the upper-right-hand corner are a current count when you open the window, not a running total. So say there are two 20pt giveaways you want to enter and you open a tab for each. If you currently have 100pts it will say that in both tabs. You enter the first one and you have 80pts, but the second tab still says you have 100pts. When you enter the second one the total in that tab will update and drop to 60pts, making it appear that you got charged 40pts for a 20pt giveaway.

1 decade ago

You wouldn't be the first or last Steamgifts user to made a fool out of himself Guldfisk. Don't worry, happens to the best of us. No one is making fun of you, really.

1 decade ago

Wow do people really think I'm this stupid?
No, I only use one tab and I press back twice to get to the page where I previously was, and a 20p giveaway sure as hell isn't supposed to drain 50 points. I am not a retarded schmuck and I'd like some serious looking into this.

1 decade ago

Then it's probably me removing fake giveaways. Chill.

1 decade ago

After making a living teaching PhDs how to operate technology, I'm not surprised by anyone's technical skill level. I make no assumptions IRL-and remember, on here I've got no idea who you are-so I went with Occam's razor.

1 decade ago

Cult win.

1 decade ago

I don't believe anyone has experienced this before. Is that all you're doing, entering two giveaways seconds apart from each other in multiple tabs?

Because I've entered giveaways plenty of times before using 8-10 tabs without consequence.

1 decade ago

no i have noticed this as well. i leave the site come back. missing 3-10 points

1 decade ago

Maybe fake giveaways were removed

1 decade ago

If you do what I do (open tabs for all giveaways I'm planning to enter) then by the time I've entered the last giveaway my points will be significantly lower, but as I'm opening the last tab before I've even entered the first one it seems that 100 odd points go from one 10 point giveaway. Check your total before you start, check it after, count up the giveaways required points - if you still have a problem I'd be surprised.

1 decade ago

I've had this too when I keep tabs open and enter giveaways, it just seems to stack extra points or something and suddenly it says I don't have enough points even though I DO.

1 decade ago

I've had this happen to, except it's not points that keep vanishing, it's posts. >:/

1 decade ago

That's usually the forum-post fairy, sometimes called "mod".
You should check under your pillow, maybe he/she left a dollar.

1 decade ago

Oh, that guy. All he ever leaves me is contradictions.

1 decade ago

What games would you like?

DON'T ASK FOR GAMES

1 decade ago

i have had his happen a couple times. but not exactly the same. i will look at how many points i have then refresh and i will have less points even though i have not bid on anything. i went from 37 to 29 points yesterday for no reason.

1 decade ago

I'd guess that was because of some fake giveaways being cancelled.

1 decade ago

But if fake giveaways are canceled shouldn't you get the points back?

1 decade ago

If you entered them yes, if you didn't enter them I would imagine the points generated from those fake giveaways are also removed.

1 decade ago

Oh right, I forgot about that

1 decade ago

"Wow do people really think I'm this stupid? I am not a retarded schmuck and I'd like some serious looking into this."

1 decade ago

Still not stupid, just you not providing enough information.

1 decade ago

Several people mentioned fake giveaways being removed, as long as twelve hours ago.

1 decade ago

This thread made my day

1 decade ago

I've though this happened a couple times, but every time I go back and count up everything I entered vs the points I started with, and it was just a miscalculation on my side. I can tell how many points I started with because I still have the giveaway list that I opened new tabs from that isn't refreshed.

I, and probably many people, do the same thing. Open a list of tabs, and then go through them and enter them all at the same time. I've never lost points from it, so it's definitely not something built into the site.

1 decade ago

This thread for points

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Guldfisk.