It looks like Origin are offering Star Wars Battlefront II for £3.74. They are advertising Origin Access as well although you can buy it as a standalone product. Anyone think this is a good deal?

https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront-2/interstitial

5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Good Deal?

View Results
Yes
No

Poll 50-50% lol

5 years ago

its probably due to the fact its not a steam key. Also battlefront 2 had a lot of bad press for the lootboxes.

5 years ago

I voted no simply because they took the brilliant gameplay of the old Star Wars Battlefront II and turned it into a grinding game with powerups that turn you into Darth Vader.

5 years ago

Grinding is worst than Black Desert? I know they are different genres but still Black Desert is the worst Grinding Game on History!

5 years ago

the gameplay it's just fine, it is not as grindy as black desert, but the star cards are mostly annoying that somethiny fun or p2w as it was the game at release

5 years ago*

When the game was released the common perception was that the grinding is atrociously bad to push lootboxes but (since you already have it) I think if you just stick to the campaign you should be fine. AFAIK the grinding only starts in multiplayer.

I can't really compare it to Black Desert because I haven't played that one but I heard the grind there is pretty bad. For me the worst grinding game (at least the on that cost me the most of my time) was ME3 coop. I did mostly enjoy it back then but I still wish I had all that time back.

5 years ago*

Its a good deal, i bought for 10€ a few months ago and dont regret it.
The singleplayer is very good and the multiplayer is a little better than the first Battlefront

5 years ago

I bought it for $8 Amazon & haven't touch it yet.

Edit: By that i'm not saying game is a bad or good, haven't had the time to try it yet.

5 years ago*

Play the campaign, you wont regret it

5 years ago

This game have campaign? That's good to know. Thanks

5 years ago

Yes and if Star Wars The Fallen Order will be like that, then i will buy it

5 years ago

It's included in Origin Access Basic. Everyone who got code(s) from recent ASUS giveaway can play it without paying extra money.

5 years ago

Ohh, and its spring sale there ... hmm maybe its time to dig up my origin logins lmao.
https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/deals/springsale

5 years ago

I'm just checking out the rest of the deals myself.

5 years ago

I grabbed this for the campaign and don't think you can go to wrong for the price. I've had a quick go at it and it looks ok so far.
I also grabbed myself NFS Payback Deluxe and The Run and a new hard drive to put them on. xD

5 years ago

Yep. I agree with you. Cant see any reason for not buying this especially at this price. Playing mainly for the campaign mode but might dip into the multiplayer a bit if I really enjoy it.

5 years ago

This game is really solid. Those nerds who still cry about the lootboxes are annoying

5 years ago

You know, origin exclusive games do go for great prices during sales. I got Dragon Age Inquisition there.

5 years ago

i cant play campaign, i dont know why

5 years ago

The game definitely is more fun than I was expecting from all the backlash (mostly due to the P2W status at launch)

5 years ago

when was it under 3 euros? Must have missed out.

5 years ago

Yeah no, I edited that. IG is (purposefully?) unclear on what they're selling but it's Battlefront 2 Classic, not Battlefront II
Way to use confusing names to screw customers lol

5 years ago

Bought it on Amazon a few months ago when it was about the same price and it's actually a good game now, all heroes are unlocked from the beginning (all original were and now even the newer ones for a few weeks/ months now) and they keep updating it.

5 years ago

what mode beside campaign that available to play offline/bots?

5 years ago

8 arcade missions for light and 8 for dark side, they're fun for a bit but nothing more.
You'd miss out on a few things though like the pretty good Starfighter Assault and the new Capital Supremacy but I heard they want to add something new to Arcade.

5 years ago

cool, thanks

5 years ago

Thanks for the tip, I bought it :)

5 years ago

Quick bump and last call, deal ends tomorrow. I couldn't pass it up at this price, and I'm glad I didn't. I'm only an hour into the campaign so far, but it's very enjoyable and it's pretty neat being able to mess around in the Star Wars universe because these graphical assets are rather stellar. Playing the single-player campaign kind of brings me back to the days of Dark Forces. I think I may explore what modding tools are available because I'd love to just kind of take a stroll through some of these environs and have basically like virtual original trilogy set pieces on my computer.

5 years ago

I bought it myself the other day. Like you I couldn't resist it at this price. Downloading it as we speak and hopefully will get to see what the campaign mode is like! Sounds like fun from your description so I am looking forward to it.

5 years ago

Origin isn't working for me ??? The application and the browser version isn't pulling images or text through and looks like this :

Does anyone here know how to fix this ??? I tried clearing my cache and this is still an issue

View attached image.
5 years ago

Try to change your IP, it could be blocked by some of their servers.

5 years ago

Maybe try reinstalling Origin or check your adblocker or firewall?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago by a staff member, cg.

1 month ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.