Comment has been collapsed.

Still gambling with Groupees preorders?

View Results
Yes
No

1.25$ minimum for me

8 years ago

Odd. It showed $1 even when I first checked (20 seconds after launch.) Seems you're correct that it went up a quarter now. Thanks for telling us. :)

8 years ago

We need an option above for "Yes, but not Build a Greenlight bundles." =)

8 years ago

Good point. :)

8 years ago

One more "Yes, but not WGN bundles."

8 years ago

"Yes but only on Be Mine bundles"
:)

8 years ago

Yeah, that's pretty much the one I had in mind. I think I might have done one or two others, but for the most part I avoid the pre-orders unless there are confirmed games I want.

8 years ago

Thanks for sharing, troieve!

8 years ago

You're very welcome, guppy :)

8 years ago

This games aren't bad, but this is probably the best games that will be included there. I say don't expect better hidden games. Still 4 not bad games out of 6-9.

8 years ago

Well none of those have my name on them - guess it's a pass for me :-)

8 years ago

Another game from this bundle got confirmed. Makes it 5 out of 10 now
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=417829645

InformaticsGroupees HQ22:00
those 5 are correct shoppa

8 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

MUST PREORDER!

8 years ago

Worth it or not? o.o That's the question.

8 years ago

This bundle is live now

8 years ago

Updated. :)

8 years ago

sigh when will I learn?

Super Space Meltdown and Super Star Path don't look that bad (these were the ones I preordered for) but the rest is really not very promising. Ah well....

8 years ago

Were all the guesses accurate?

And that Undeads...

8 years ago

Yup, the guesses were accurate. And agree about the Undeads :(

8 years ago

Am I just seeing basic cheapo unity assets because I "want" to see them, or are those the same guns that have been used in countless other games?

(Nothing against Unity as an engine, good things can and have been made with it, it's just all of these boring uninspired zombie shooters that all pretty much look the same).

8 years ago

Never? ;)

Also, I did watched that Jim Sterling video where he rants against these Unity asset games. I was flabbergasted to say the least. I had no idea this was a thing. That's really sad.

8 years ago

Mhm, I watched it too yesterday and share your feelings. It's really sad so many of these "games" get through Greenlight. Had no idea also. But also felt assured I can trust my senses. Not one of these games made it into my library yet, not even by accident or for the cards. Hopefully I will never fall for such a rip off. Well. maybe if the game would be fun in the end it wouldn`t matter...

8 years ago

The sad part is... some of those games might end up in my library because I do have a thing for bad games. I only have a few for the time being but I am looking to expand my "collection". (I'm considering buying Day One: Garry's Incident this week since it's only $1 O_o) I... I even purchased The Slaughtering Grounds which falls into the copy/paste Unity assets category. But to my defense, I must say that I hadn't seen the JM video at that time... plus I used a 90% coupon. If I had known, well, I guess I would have attempted to get it from a giveaway or a trade. At least, the so-called devs don't get any more money that way.

8 years ago

My condolences.

8 years ago

I do think the games that use these assets give both the engine & the asset store a bad name. You can create a good game worth buying with these assets, and as long as they end up with a coherent look, then I don't see a problem with using the assets. It's just the whole "use stock assets & stock settings->game done" thing that is the problem. Using it for learning the basics, sure, no problem (that was how I first dipped my toes into making things on a computer, using a pre-made game engine & stock assets), which later made me learn programming, but even as a 12 year old, I realized that my work was absolutely terrible, and I could never sell it.

8 years ago

Undeads sure has a well written story:

"In future not far from now, year 2030. One city was abandoned, people escaped and tried to leave the city for unknown reason. Many succeed, some unconcern decidedly stayed but they banished mysteriously. It became a ghost city, filled of silence, of mysterious sound. A year past the silence of the street was no more. One after another appeared strange being.. started to roam the city..

Country leaders worriedly want to uncovered the mystery of the city. They secretly send group to initiate the serious investigation, but to no avail as soon as the team entered the city the strange beings banished them all. Alarmed, the leaders decided they have to eliminate first the strange beings before they can proceed to investigate the city and the unknown reason of disappearance of the investigating team. From the information they received from the banished team the new mission is secretly named “Elimination of: UNDEADS”. To keep the mission unknown from the world the leaders secretly choose selected men without their knowledge. They are send to enter the city one after another. MAYBE you are one of the selected men..without your knowledge. Are you entering a city now? Are you sure it is not the abandoned city ? Be ready to eliminate……the UNDEADS (ZAFIRA MCBAIN STORY)"

8 years ago

oh god... my brain hurts....

8 years ago

Didn't see the pre-order. Dodge this bullet! =D

8 years ago

I always preorder the greenlight bundles. Even if the games suck some of them have trading cards and I more than make my money back.

8 years ago

Exactly this. And some of the games are actually nice.

8 years ago

I love Hotline Miami so much that I'll jump at the opportunity to play something similar.

However, when people make games like Superstatic and the devs act as if they didn't blatantly copy off of Hotline Miami, it pisses me off. I mean, ignore the elephant in the room --the gameplay -- for a second. Superstatic has the same tone/vibe of Hotline Miami. The freaking gameplay trailer has the old "VHS" feature just like Hotline Miami does. And its not as if this game is years removed from HM. Idk, I guess I am not mad about games copying other games. Lots of games are clones of other games, and copying is the greatest form of flattery. But don't act like you didn't copy HM just because you added a new power to your character. That's messed up.

Maybe there are legal reasons why a dev wouldn't want to give them credit. I just think it's disrespectful is all. I'm still going to play the game, but it's disrespectful. I'll play it. End of rant.

8 years ago

Just under 3 hours left on this guy.

8 years ago

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.