Concerning Games from Vasily Bulygin

We (Valve) have identified suspicious behavior involving multiple Steam accounts controlled by the developer of this game, Vasily Bulygin. These accounts were used to exploit the Community Marketplace and post positive reviews for his own games.
For these reasons, we are ending our business relationship with Vasily Bulygin and removing his games from sale. If you have previously purchased this game, it will remain accessible in your Steam library.
For the game .atorb., we will also cease Community Market transactions on items generated within this game as of Feb 15, 2017. Items associated with this game will remain in your Steam Inventory, but will no longer be eligible for sale on the Community Market.
-Valve

Removed games (released):
https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app_keynames&keyname=23&operator=3&keyvalue=Vasily+Bulygin

Removed games (unreleased), thanks for info madjoki & PlyrStar93:

.atorb. items:

This item, and all items for this game, will no longer be sellable on the Community Market after February 15, 2017.

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Wow, just got it on sale.. certainly, there are projects deserving this measure much more!

7 years ago

holy fuck .
Completely banend the dev and made their stuff unavailable for market usage D:

7 years ago

Nah, only trade/market ban.

7 years ago

Also his other were removed too (bollo, sekwere, + 6 more)

Shame they didn't look bad at all.

7 years ago

hmm, i found only this
https://steamdb.info/search/?a=app_keynames&keyname=23&operator=3&keyvalue=Vasily+Bulygin

• atorb+Soundtrack
  • Sekwere+Soundtrack
  • bOllO+Soundtrack

EDIT Thanks madjoki & PlyrStar93!

7 years ago*

It was 5 only after all

ligna
Rapiti
Cirkele
Flatty Animals
Inversium

All were unreleased tho.

7 years ago

There are also several games that were scheduled to release in the upcoming months this year. They already have their store pages but are never purchasable. Valve simply removed those store pages and made the game apps invisible.

Cirkele
Flatty Animals
Inversium
ligna
Rapiti

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

7 years ago*

There are other five pulled from the storefront which have never been released or purchasable.

7 years ago

My cards for the three pulled released games don't have any message, so I would assume those and emoticons/backgrounds are safe.

7 years ago

Also worth mentioning that the developer already received a trade ban due to their abuse of the community system.

7 years ago

Recent Buyers
iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly, iJuly,

Damn I wanted to get a copy of atorb on tremor but it seems this guy bought them all.

Also does anyone know exactly what he was exploiting? The only thing I could think of is that he was generating items in his games for himself and selling them on the market. I really hope Valve cracks down on this because I have a feeling it's happening in more games.

7 years ago

Also fake positive reviews
I bought yesterday Sekwere on tremor for giveaways. But all three games removed from ga-list :O

7 years ago

That's because they got pulled from the store, auto-synching pulls them from the site here as well. You can submit a ticket to have the games re-added though.

7 years ago

support is busy and I already gave this keys to my friends, so.. Anyway, thanks for advice ^^

7 years ago

Dang, going to be a pain in the arse to get Sekwere from Tremor, but beats the one I missed

7 years ago

I JUST bought bollo from the sale too. Sad that I supported them but luckily it was cheap

7 years ago

Not surprising. Atorb was buggy and the dev seemed blind to it.

7 years ago

Just a heads up, tremor still has keys for sekwere, I just got one from there.
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother getting these removed games TBH, meh. Thanks for the info.

7 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Got Sekwere from Tremor.

7 years ago

I have never heard of those games. I'm glad Valve is kinda doing something about it though.

7 years ago

does this mean these games' walls and icons will be unique and their price will raise? (if they are worthy though)

7 years ago

games' walls and icons will be unique?

yes

their price will raise?

i don't think so

7 years ago

I'm glad valve is finally doing something about crappy developers posting fake reviews.
Now hope they get started on the rest of the 100s of developers doing this and a lot worse to exploit steam!

7 years ago

+1

7 years ago

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I had all but Sekwere so I picked that up on TremorGames.

7 years ago

bOLLO doesn't have much to it, and.atorb was a bit tedious, but I was amused by the way the dev was handling the game. Sekwere's a simple idea, executed quite nicely. Overall the games being removed is no huge loss, and it's good to see action taken against this kind of behaviour, but at the same time it's a bit of a shame - I think this guy could have been pretty good as a legit dev.

7 years ago

3 days left

For the game .atorb., we will also cease Community Market transactions on items generated within this game as of Feb 15, 2017. Items associated with this game will remain in your Steam Inventory, but will no longer be eligible for sale on the Community Market.
-Valve

7 years ago

bump, tomorrow atorb items

will no longer be eligible for sale on the Community Market.

7 years ago

Good riddance, not the first developer who tries manipulating the reviews for his own benefit and tries to make profit with his own games' items. This is exactly why they're going to get rid of Greenlight

7 years ago

LMAO, you really don't understand why they're getting rid of Greenlight then.
They're removing the filter that was Steam Greenlight to make more money for themselves.

7 years ago

Well, I read the article here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-10-valve-is-removing-steam-greenlight-this-spring

So, Steam Direct will make developers able to create as much content as they want. However, the price for each released product will be between 200$ and 5000$, so the developers will have to think twice before creating another poopoo games, put them in a bundle and sell them for 0,10$ each copy, just to receive less than what they invested in it. So less giveaways, less crappy games (hopefully).

If I was a developer I wouldn't put 10 different C-class games on the market for 10.000$ just to see them all on Indiegala and receive 0,05$ for each copy and in the end lose 8.000$. I'd focus on developing one good game, that would actually bring me money and let me create more content later on.

Edit: This will most likely make Indiegala and Groupees to shut down their businesses, because they're really heavily trusting on new games being released constantly (and being cheap).

Edit: Forgot to mention the developer will have to sign paperwork and fill in their tax information, just like creating a bank account, so less likely developers will try to fake reviews or manipulate the market prices.

7 years ago*

Closed 7 years ago by Mihey3Z.