Will you hate me more? English wikipedia page about the mole should be a good starting point. More investigation might be needed though.

Schedule for complete event and access to weekly trains here.

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

thanks for the puzzle. Very interesting as this building is unfortunately pretty much unknown. I do have to say though I'm stuck on Q3. I know the original purpose of it but it's just too vague to get the answer. Is there any way you could give us a bit more details?
Thanks a lot in advance

6 years ago

Agreed with djburno2000 above, question 3 it is WAY too vague. Seriously...

6 years ago

I agree with previous speakers

View attached image.
6 years ago*

and so far still 0 solver... please help.

Thanks

6 years ago

Stuck on Q3 as well.

6 years ago

Also stuck on Q3.
I know the purpose, but there are SOOO many books published this year. I don't even know what country I should be looking in.
Also- Just a suggestion but please consider adding different formats for the date in question 1. I spelt out all word. then tried Month DD YYYY, DD Month YYYY, I didnt realize you wanted it DD-MM-YYYY.

6 years ago*

Thanks for that hint on Q1. It spared a lot of time. And I agree, guessing and wasting time on entering the proper format should not be the intention of the puzzle.
Finding the requested date was quite easy in my opinion, especially for football fans.

6 years ago

I'm glad it helped.

6 years ago

EDIT: It was basically unsolvable before the hints.

6 years ago*

See my post below...

6 years ago

Thanks.

6 years ago

Stuck at Q3 too... :/

6 years ago

4 days since post:

498 guesses

29 players

0 solvers

If anyone wants the passcode for this puzzle just ask...

6 years ago

Thanks for offering jeff.
But it's sad to resort to this. Ultimately, the purpose is too find the answers and solve the puzzles.

I wish OP was a bit more active on this and offer some help but hey it's the holidays people can be busy (traveling, family etc..). I don't mind the passcode but what I'd like more is the answer to the question.

If it's ok then (and maybe to force OP to react hehe) I'll start putting all the info I have on it maybe it can help someone solve it.

6 years ago

Real life is the priority... And true this is a busy time...

I’m just so appreciative that we had people designing puzzles... and volunteering. An “evil” or frustrating puzzle is expected every now and then. Some like the continual trials to get an answer right until it finally says Correct... and lights up green. Kinda an addiction like playing the slots.

6 years ago

So I start here, feel free to add to this.
From what I get, the original purpose is a synagogue. So, what does it mean? don't think any writer with that name so tried jewish writers. no titles worked. Also tried Dan Brown's (synagogue-> religion and "all the pieces" (of the puzzle?)) last book.
Also tried a list of the best sellers of 2017. with no results so far. I tried to find books title that takes place in this city. nada.
Also tried authors whose first name was Molly (Mole..) but nope.

Maybe the clue here is to try to find an author's name that is related to religion in a broader sense (like Mr Church or Mrs Rabbi for ex.). I don't know. Maybe I'll try this route later but it can be so wide. yet I have the feeling that it shouldn't be that hard to find.

6 years ago

6 days...

630 guesses
35 players
0 solvers

Request passcode on Steam....

6 years ago

As usual, I gave several days for the players who prefer a hard mode in puzzle solving. Now, I added the hints. Hopefully, the number of solvers will increase after this :)

6 years ago

I don't mean to be rude but am I the only one who thinks photos might be a good idea for a landmark event ? In my opinion pictures or even a virtual tour like the Vimy Memorial site makes this stuff a lot more interesting.

6 years ago

You are defiantly not the only one. I would also add questions that relate to the landmark and aren't borderline impossible to solve to the list. Stuff like this ruins the event for me and makes me not want to solve anymore of it.

6 years ago

Solved, thank you!

6 years ago

Bump for another landmark solved, this one was really too tough without hints :P

6 years ago

Yay, we’ve got solvers! Thanks for hints ercalote!

6 years ago

Bump for solved.

6 years ago

Bump for solved :)
It was realy hard

6 years ago

bump

6 years ago

I'm currently brute-forcing the word through several different anagram finders... some even with the ability to give names as result. Then I google all the results if they are Author names (no matter how ridiculous the result is).
And I actually found a name of an author. But guess what: It's not accepted as solution of the ITH (no matter the word order). Yay, fun times!

EDIT: Another hour and hundreds of google searches - still no solution found.

6 years ago*

The name of the author is not the answer.

6 years ago

Shit. Did I really waste all that time? Oh dear... no idea why tonight I thought it was the author... absolutely no idea.

Thanks for pointing it out, I appreciate it!

6 years ago*

Bump for solved. I'll move to a corner now and feel stupid for a while...

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Ok, bump for solved (finally). Thanks to OP for giving additional hint. Still pretty hard as author is not very popular (well, I mean I never heard of this person).
May I ask what is the code at the bottom of the page? it's 8 characters so too long for SG and when I put it in ITH I get the home page. Thanks in advance

6 years ago

2 codes for 2 GAs.

6 years ago

It is 10 characters.

6 years ago

ok. silly me. thanks

6 years ago

Bump for solved :)