August 2021 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ August 31st, 2021: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† September 7th 2021: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Carto

๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs

Free DLC to claim: Blue Fire - Original Soundtrack

Note: Encodya is delivered as a GOG key (no Steam key available, even though the game is on Steam too)

There might be a chance that a Steam key is added in the future, but nothing is confirmed yet. Keep an eye on this thread for updates.

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night 95% of 20750 - ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/692850 W 0* $39.99
Last Oasis 66% of 18489 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/903950 W 0 $29.99
Superliminal 94% of 9501 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1049410 W M L 0 $19.99
Out of Space 80% of 960 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/400080 W M L 1 $14.99
We Need To Go Deeper 86% of 3374 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.40 CV app/307110 W L 0 $15.99
Carto 98% of 1963 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1172450 W M 0 $19.99
As Far As The Eye 78% of 1253 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/1119700 W M L 0 $24.99
Cepheus Protocol 89% of 584 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/979640 W 0 $14.99
Drake Hollow 80% of 757 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/739650 W 0 $29.99
Nowhere Prophet 80% of 542 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.75 CV app/681730 W M L 0 $24.99
Blue Fire 80% of 617 - ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/1220150 W 0 $19.99
Encodya (GOG-only) - - - - GOG - $24.99

Retail:

• $255.89

CV:

* - the game was featured previously only in Build-a-Bundle / Pick & Mix bundles that are usually priced to high for the games to receive partial CV (exclusions apply) and are therefore not included in the bundle count.

Humble Original / Extras: Retired Men's Nude Beach Volleyball

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 12 10 12
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is this pack better or worse than you expected?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] Happy to see Bloodstained finally featured in a Choice, it makes me have hopes that not all is lost with Humble Bundles and their recent decline in quality.
[New subscription] Iโ€™m genuinely interested in this lineup. Iโ€™ve been eyeing some of these titles for quite some time now and Iโ€™m glad I waited.
[Maybe subscribe] Personally, I'm a bit torn between considering this selection โ€˜mediocreโ€™ or โ€˜pretty goodโ€™.
[Pause] By now, I'm really thinking of quitting my subscription but I don't want to lose the classic plan by cancelling. Another Pause it is.
[Cancelling / will not buy] Iโ€™ve had enough of IGNโ€™s shenanigans, and I think itโ€™s time to finally abandon ship.
[Protest] The monthly GOG troll game is becoming a bit bothersome. They could at least pick titles that aren't on Steam!

getting it for just superliminal

not that rest is all bad either...

2 years ago

3 games I want to at least try, guess I'll subscribe again this month.

Edit: Last Oasis isn't the game I thought it was, guess I might not sub :\

2 years ago*

meh, Gog key again.... oh well, i already got Encodya and made a written walkthrough for it on steam (and for YT:-D). Better bundle than previous for me.

2 years ago

Another damn GOG key...

2 years ago

Some good games there but I'm still pausing because I won't play them anytime soon.

2 years ago

Well bloodstained im sold for another month

2 years ago

Nothing I would enjoy that time. Have been hyped for Outer worlds as some others.

2 years ago

i wouldn't even pay $2 for this bundle. easy pass

2 years ago

rofl, $2 is really good deal bro

2 years ago

i'd pass for that and 100% easiest pass ever for me

2 years ago

I'll take some time to consider it, I only recognise bloodstained and while some look okay idk if upon closer look I will continue giving some a chance

2 years ago

Instant pause.

2 years ago

one gog
one rebundled
:(

2 years ago

Nah. Bloodstained, Superliminal and the good things I've heard about As Far As The Eye just don't worth getting the full package for me.

2 years ago

Ummm, I have few wishlisted games there, although I am really not content with that bundle at all. And another GOG key? All keys should work on all platforms. Period. If I buy a Steam key, it should work on every launcher that has this game. Gog, Epic Store or whatever. And vice versa. Only that way we will have a real competition, where You would need to make a high quality platform and good competitive prices.

2 years ago

Universally recognised game licenses would be the way forward yes, and then you just subscribe with the game provider(s) whose services you like best. Like GOG's DRM-freeness, Steam's review system, Epic's better deal for devs, etc.

Until that time, Humble would do good to offer us the choice when claiming keys. They've done this for other games. Or, provide us with Steam key & GOG connect guarantee.

2 years ago

It would also kill everything like making GTA V for 10th platform. And You have to buy that game all the times.

2 years ago

If it's a universal license why would you have to buy it all the time? Besides that's how it works right now so how would it "kill everything"? Last but not least you chose the worst game for such an example given that the game still launches from the Rockstar launcher regardless of the platform you bought it on.

What a way to be wrong in all acounts, damn!

2 years ago

All keys should work on all platforms. Period. If I buy a Steam key, it should work on every launcher that has this game. Gog, Epic Store or whatever. And vice versa.

I don't know how do you think that would work. Every service like that (e.g. Steam, Epic, GOG) hosts its servers, provides its customer support, etc.
They have to make money to be able to provide that. If you could just buy it on one platform and then get it for free everywhere else, how would they earn money? Why would they even give you that option if it means they lose money?

Only that way we will have a real competition, where You would need to make a high quality platform and good competitive prices.

By making a competition easier doesn't mean you are making it more "real".

2 years ago*

It's simple. The key is a will to do that. Excuses like "but we have different servers" makes them hide the truth behind something. Afaik, there was a key that worked in multiple platforms already. I don't remember which platforms and what game, but there was. They just made it secondarily to not let it happen. It's not that it can't happen because it's impossible. It's impossible, because they made it that.

None of the product in the world works like that. You buy a fork and it will work with any plate You want. Any meal You want. Regardless if You bought the fork in Wallmart, online, Amazon etc. ESPECIALLY if that's the very same fork model. Or wait, better example. If You buy the same Ford model, regardless on where You bought it, You can use gasoline everywhere across the world and drive everywhere You want.

There is no single reason to make games available only in one platform. I don't care about companies greed for money. If they want to make money, they should make competitive features, something that would make people want to buy there. And if You are bad seller, You won't be making money. If You care for customers, You would earn billions.

Also, yes. This is 100% real. Because it's like that since beginning of civilization. LITERALLY always everywhere everything works like that. Except for digital licenses. For no reason.

EDIT: Oh, and one more thing. You don't supposedly tell me that "competition" which is like today is actually a real competition? Because there is not. You can't compete between selling a PS5 game or XB game... because customer have to buy a game on platform he is playing on. If You buy Xbox Series version of the game, You won't play it on PS5 or on PC. So sorry, but You are wrong, mister if You think there is any competition as it is now. There isn't. And exclusivity is not a competition. It's monopoly.

2 years ago*

It's simple. The key is a will to do that. Excuses like "but we have different servers" makes them hide the truth behind something.

What "truth"? This starts to sound like some conspiracy theory.

Afaik, there was a key that worked in multiple platforms already. I don't remember which platforms and what game, but there was.

Well, then that kinda is a pointless point for me as I can't check it anyhow.
Some developers provide keys for other platforms for one purchase, but they are doing that knowing, that it can and will result in a minor loss in sales.

They just made it secondarily to not let it happen. It's not that it can't happen because it's impossible. It's impossible, because they made it that.

Well, yeah? It costs more money or it results in a loss. Either they will earn less money or you will have to pay more. For them, as a company, is the choice obvious.

None of the product in the world works like that. You buy a fork and it will work with any plate You want. Any meal You want. Regardless if You bought the fork in Wallmart, online, Amazon etc. ESPECIALLY if that's the very same fork model. Or wait, better example. If You buy the same Ford model, regardless on where You bought it, You can use gasoline everywhere across the world and drive everywhere You want.

You compare incomparable things. No third party has to provide maintenance for your fork nor car (and if you ask for such maintenance, you have to pay for it).

There is no single reason to make games available only in one platform.

I don't care about companies greed for money.

You refuted your claim in the next sentence. The reason is that they want to make (more) money.

If they want to make money, they should make competitive features, something that would make people want to buy there.

For example...?

If You care for customers, You would earn billions.

They don't care about "earning billions". They care about making as much money as possible. The lower the costs (providing only 1 license and not having to expend resources to cooperate with other services), the higher is the profit.

Also, yes. This is 100% real. Because it's like that since beginning of civilization.

And? Things are bound to change. And I would pretty much say that this era of humanity is very different than anything that was before.

LITERALLY always everywhere everything works like that. Except for digital licenses. For no reason.

I've already talked about the reasons before.

Oh, and one more thing. You don't supposedly tell me that "competition" which is like today is actually a real competition? Because there is not. You can't compete between selling a PS5 game or XB game... because customer have to buy a game on platform he is playing on. If You buy Xbox Series version of the game, You won't play it on PS5 or on PC.

All the time we were talking about PC distribution software, I don't know why you suddenly bring up consoles.

So sorry, but You are wrong, mister if You think there is any competition as it is now. There isn't.

Competition - a situation in which someone is trying to win something or be more successful than someone else.
Source

Based on this definition, there is competition. e.g.: Epic Store giving away free games trying to get more customers.

And exclusivity is not a competition. It's monopoly.

Because you say that something is not a competition, doesn't mean it's true.
Exclusivity is a part of competition too (although you may call it "dirty") as it results in one side gaining more users.

2 years ago

worth it just for Retired Men's Nude Beach Volleyball? ( อกยฐ อœส– อกยฐ)

2 years ago

I think, that better is just to go to your local nude beach than to play that game :-))

2 years ago

They don't exist in the desert.

2 years ago

Then search for oasis in desert and be nude there :-)

2 years ago

wasn't expecting Bloodstained to be on choice, so i bought it. Instead i was waiting for HB to include the 2d ones. Guess i bet on the wrong horse XD
Also, no Yakuza game. They really are stretching it.

2 years ago

Encodya: it's a nice point and click enjoyed it.
Bloodstained: Played it for over 30h and liked it a lot
Superliminal: great puzzlegame but there is most of the time only one way to solve a puzzle so one time finishing it is enough. only ~4h playtime
Carto: it's cute but the puzzles are way to easy and it's the same thing over and over again
Drake Hollow: first 2hours are fun than it's the same over and over again. better be played in coop

overall a nice indie-bundle and worth the price if you don't have these games already. Drake Hollow and Carto are in the Gamepass.

2 years ago

Thanks

2 years ago

Well, got it only for Bloodstained. Don't care about the rest. Aaaaaand... I didn't notice and claimed the GOG game.

2 years ago

Plenty of wishlist games, i was considering to buy Bloodstained in last summer sale so i am glad i didn't, still not bad considering i only have to spend $6 for all of those games..

Also correct me if i am wrong, wasn't Out of Space being bundled before? Idk in which one, but i am really sure i got it from a bundle somewhere.
Edit: Oh apparently it's from Fanatical, i didn't read it properly.

2 years ago*

still only offering me 12$ for the month (โ•ฏยฐโ–กยฐ๏ผ‰โ•ฏ๏ธต โ”ปโ”ป

2 years ago

Tons of games I wanted, including some stuff I regularly came close to buying. One of the best bundles in recent memory for me.

Only Bloodstained and We Need To Go Deeper even have one gameplay DLC each, and they seem rather minor. Monthly/Choice often contains a third of an AAA game with painful upgrade options, and it's refreshing to get actual proper full games. :c

2 years ago*

So I guess no more big game in the bundle eh?
One rebundled. TWO multiplayer games. A Deck builder. Early Access... and GOG.
Nope. Not for me.

Thanks Lilly. I'm starting to think you make more of an effort each month than Humble does.

2 years ago

Looks good. 4 on my WL before I even check the others out.
Gog? hmm, that game looks good. 5 on my WL now. But I'd rather have it on steam.

Its a good month.

๐Ÿ˜„

2 years ago

I've wanted to play Superliminal for a while, but I'm not in the mood to add games to the backlog right now. And I don't really feel like fighting for it in Group Buys...

2 years ago

Exist... exist... exist... exist... rebundled again and again... not interested... coop.. gog (wait, what?)...
Hope one day Humble can release not so repepepeat bundle.

2 years ago

I do agree with you that there are much less games that I am interested in than games from previous months, but this bundle is imo quite the opposite of a "repepepeat" bundle considering how Out of Space is the only game that has ever been rebundled.

2 years ago

That would be a great 6$ package
But I'm not sure if it's worth the full price of the package

2 years ago

i got 4$ off from trying to pause

2 years ago

$4 off from the full price? or the $6?

2 years ago

not OP but i got $4 off from $12 (Classic plan) when i paused. It works every other month for me

2 years ago

yeah, so i can pay 8$
you can't pause if you have the 6$ offer and still keep it (or get another offer with it)

2 years ago

I got an offer like that only once, way back last year (classic plan too). Wonder how they decide who gets those kind of offers.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.