Alpha Protocol is available at Green Man Gaming for $6.35. And it can be activated on Steam, I wouldn't have mentioned it here if not. :)

This game has one of the best dialogue systems in modern RPGs, I'd recommend playing it for that if nothing else. But its combat is poor in contrast, so keep that in mind too when deciding to buy. It works without much problems if you go guns blazing, but if you get the funny idea of playing "The Espionage RPG" stealthy, then you'll see the problems.

I added my referral to that Green Man Gaming link above and here, as usual if you were to buy the game using it, you and me both would get $5 for our next purchases. When you think about it, that kinda makes this game only $1.35...

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

When this game was first released it was plagued with bugs but it had really great design and proof of concept. I'm assuming it's patched and a lot better now?

1 decade ago

No, it was pretty much dead on arrival as far as support because of low sales. It's a cult game, pure and simple.

1 decade ago

There is a "Alpha Protocol Patch v1.1" though how much it fixes the game is open for debate. Then on the official forums some people gather to work on a mod to fix and enhance stuff, but in the end it turns out into a helpful tweaking guide, better than nothing I guess, and doesn't really produce any mods to speak of.

1 decade ago

I see Alpha Protocol as $7.50, did i miss something?

1 decade ago

Probably the price they apply to your region. You can buy with that price or use a proxy service to get around that.

Here is how it looks on my machine: Screenshot.

1 decade ago

Yea same I see it as 7.50

1 decade ago

I only got a few hours in on my Xbox 360 copy, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite its flaws. To anyone considering buying this, look at it as a narrative first and a game second. If you're expecting Splinter Cell meets Mass Effect, you'll be sorely disappointed.

1 decade ago

It was 7.50 for me, too. Picked it up, nonetheless.

Pity you can't buy a game several times, or I'd put up a gift code here too (I have some extra credit on the site, so making another account would kind of miss the point).

1 decade ago

I got it on xbox360, but this game is terrible .

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by echoMateria.