Read now, so you don't complain later

What?

Yes, this is a 107-long train of wagons, carts, or however you call them. Big variety of bundle leftovers (HB and Fanatical, and two keys from developers). Aimed at levels 4 to 7. Every 25 carts, the level will raise. At cart 101, level will drop to 0, but you will need to be in my whitelist to enter them. This time I'm asking you to not request to be put in my whitelist, and no dramas please. Also, for the first time I'm asking for no generic thanks. Infractors of these two simple rules will face consequences. Even making a simple question that makes me think you've not read this will have that effect. However I expect thanks from the winners, and I'll not tolerate being impolite. Tough luck.

Why?

Past year I lost my girlfriend, the woman I loved. I said "loved", because I have been able to do something she asked me to do: pass the page. It has been tough, it has affected me deeply. Well, I will always love her in a way, for all the things she did for me. There's always a candle burning in a special corner within my heart.

And soon it'll be the first anniversary of her passing away peacefully. May the 4th be with you, Miss K.

Coincidentally, we also celebrated our anniversary this coming week, on the 6th. Once again I said "celebrated". You can guess I didn't celebrate anything last year, and this year... She's not my girlfriend, sadly. I'm actually trying to make good use of that day tho, but that's another story, for other people.

So in short, and as the title says, I'm celebrating the life of someone very special to me. While the train itself is for you all, it's dedicated to her memory.

And although I'm really knee deep on sentimentalism, this will probably be the last train I do in her memory. I already did another one past year, but I can't be doing this all my life. Always in my heart, but the show must go on.

How?

Manually. Oh yes, manually. Mostly manually, using LibreOffice Calc as helper, and a bit of Notepad++.

And a lot of patience and love. You better appreciate that!

When?

The train will run from right now for exactly one week. People who only visit SG during weekends will have a chance too. Then I will spend the afternoon of 9th sending the keys to the winners, if appropiate.

Where?

The ticket to enter the train:
123 - The number 1900 in lowercase roman numerals (3 letters). What, you don't know? Tons of online utilities to change between decimal positional system and roman numerals.
4 - in lowercase, the first letter of the only paragraph of the section "When?" - no, wait, the first letter of "the first letter". Or worse, the last letter of this section written backwards.
5 - in morse ···- which in turn are the four famous notes of the Nth Symphony of Beethoven where N is a number and the same letter in roman numerals, and this already makes multiple references to a graphic novel with a protagonist was named as that single letter... Come on, by now you should even know that it must go in uppercase! ? for Vendetta...
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/32154/ <-- notice the numbers are not in order...

Who

I'm JMM72, yes they're my initials and year of birth, how original. Call me J if you want. I've been in SG for 2.5 years, and somehow I've reached level 7. I am a very grateful person, I always say thanks to every person who I've won a giveaway from.

Thus this time I might propose some ways for you to be grateful to me. Some optional, some not, use your discretion:

• Put images, animations or videos (embedded or linked) of cute, funny, fluffy kitties as comments in the giveaways. Try to use first the giveaways with no or less comments!
  • Comments or questions here or in the giveaways are welcome, but once again, no generic thanks - I'd be bomb-saturated by them and I want to blacklist some bots, autojoiners or blind joiners.
  • Spotting errors is very very welcome. Keep an eye on the first comment for updates.
  • Bump this thread as much as you want. Don't relay the giveaway links, but feel free to share this comment with your friends, neighbourghs, that cute someone sitting next to you on a public transport...
  • No condolences, please. It's already too late.
  • If you're a train maker, please allow me to inspire you to make a "Valentine's Train" in any day except Feb 14th! Love's Day is every day of the year if you have a loved one!
  • A comment in my Steam profile, reading my (few for now) reviews, maybe a little award...
  • If you are able and up to it, share with us your experience about losing your loved one and if it changed your life for the better (before, then, and after). For me, it indeed did.
  • Be kind. To everyone. Except to those who clearly don't deserve it. And to those, don't be anything at all. Don't waste time and energies you could use to be kind to the ones who deserve it.
  • I'm not going against the rules so I'll stop. Just be kind to others.
4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Amazing train, thank you very much! ;)
Bump! ^_^

1 year ago

Thank you

1 year ago

Closed 1 year ago by JMM72.