I have a gift on steam and I don't know is it work or not on Windows 7.

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it work on Windows 7?

View Results
Yes!
No!

Yes, if you have issues there is a Pinned discussion in the Steam Forum on fixes if needed. I have Windows 7 and run it great with Mods :D

8 years ago

Yes, but you have to manually install some fix to make it run on Win7.
Read this to get more info

8 years ago

On the Steam store it says "Notice: Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7 and later" so that would make me think no. I wouldn't know for sure since I don't own the game.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

8 years ago

There's a significant difference between "not optimised for" and "won't run on",

8 years ago

download the unofficial fallout 3 patch and it should fix the incompatibilities for you

8 years ago

I have the GOTY and it plays fine without any tweaks on 64 bit. Could need some tweaking depending on your system.

8 years ago

yes, it works.

8 years ago

It works, yeah.But even if it doesn't work for you, that doesn't mean it has to do with the OS.It means the game is f***** up beyond imaginable as Bethesda's games are known to be buggy as fook.

8 years ago

^this.

8 years ago

It's a pain in the ass but not as bad as Windows 8.

8 years ago

Replayed long time ago, but not sure if I did on Win7 or 8. Yes, it says "not optimized" on store page, but just because they don't wanna bother with patches. I played GOTY version with GFWL (was replaying to get achievements on my Xbox Live account) and HUD mod (smaller font, larger dialog boxes, etc.). And yea, it was crashing, but pretty rare, ALT+TAB, also crash the game, actually you can't just return to it after minimizing it. Still worth it, amazing game :)

8 years ago

Ive had no trouble with it on my Win 7 system. Just needed to download the fix for the face affects or w/e that gimped FPS. I dont think the fix is relevant anymore though.

8 years ago

I remember that it crashed every now and then when running on W7. Was pretty annoying, but still rare enough to not ruin it.

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by avater.