I've had my steam account for a few years now, but i mostly played on a crappy laptop, which still managed to run most valve games. I've purchased a desktop pc, which has opened me up for the possibility to play new titles. My GPU is still not great, i'm trying to save up money for an RX 580, so for now i'll have to stick to my GT 620. What are some games, that support a GTX 620, would you suggest to me?

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Brawlhalla, and its free

4 years ago

There are so many things to suggest but first I leave this here so you can check which games your GPU can handle:
https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Edit: One time install will be enough.

4 years ago

+1, was gonna suggest that too. Helped me a great deal in finding out what my potato can run, and how good XD

4 years ago

Haha, I mostly use it for my potato too.

4 years ago

Would you say that a potato high five is totally baked? 'cause I'm ponderin' givin' ya one.

4 years ago

If there are also butter and spices I wouldn't say no. ^^

4 years ago

Right on! baked potato five!

4 years ago

i advise you to use game debate website to check compatibility to ensure which games you can run on your current hardware. It's very helpful!

4 years ago

Undertale is great, as is Defender's Quest

But rather than us listing individual games, look for games that don't specify a graphics card requirement, or specify that they'll work on Intel Integrated graphics (which is equivalent to your GPU).

4 years ago

Seconding Defender's Quest. Super addictive and soooo good.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

I'd highly recommend checking out some older titles.

As far as I'm aware, you can run Fallout: New Vegas on it, which is a total gem of a game. Obviously, older Fallout games are also doable. Check out Oblivion, Morrowind. If you're willing to go even further back, check out the original Deus Ex, which is awesome.

If you're not into RPGs, then perhaps you want a more chill game, in which case go for The Sims 2. That game's one of the only ones that has made me look at the window and say "Oh damn, the sun's up".

Basically, odds are you can run anything that came out 2005-2006 and before with any later games needing you to check.

4 years ago

Witcher 3
Actually, you can also try previous parts of The Witcher.

4 years ago

that gpu is not capable to run witcher 3

4 years ago

Here's 10 games I could quite happily keep playing forever, none of which are very demanding nor expensive:
FTL
Heat Signature
Prison Architect
Civilization V
Starbound
Stardew Valley
Stellaris
Streets of Rogue
Terraria
Titan Quest

4 years ago

i also suggest Civ V, it's still easily my favourite turn based strategy game to date

4 years ago

I'd suggest Civ IV, but to each their own

4 years ago

Try to get an RX 590 if you are in one of the regions where it is essentially the same in price as the 580. If the difference is over 7-8%, then forget I said anything.

4 years ago

Heartbound, Return of the Obra Dinn, Papers Please, Forager, Hollow Knight, Naruto´s figthing games, Overlord, The Witcher 1 and 2, Shantae games, Subnautica, Rain World, Ori and the Blind Forest, Life is Strange, Dead Cells, Watch_Dogs, etc... As you can see there´s a lot of games out there.

4 years ago

I doubt his GPU will be able to run Watch_Dogs

4 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkMwEBYI2ow

If you don´t care that much about fps XD

4 years ago

Suggestions for New to PC Gaming... Hmmm... let's see...

1. Start bitching about Epic Games Store
  2. Ask when the next Steam sale is and then say, "My wallet is ready."
  3. Register on a dozen different gaming forums and post there all night and day instead of gaming.
  4. Spend a bunch of money on hardware upgrades which you post about, and then complain that you're broke when you post invite-only giveaways to a train of $1 bundle games
    Hmmm... I know I'm forgetting something...

Oh, yeah!

1. Start complaining about the dumbing-down and consolization of PC gaming. Quickly follow up by moaning about microtransactions, pre-purchases, cosmetic DLCs, Denuvo, and remasters that should be free for owners of the original game.

I think that'll get you up to speed nicely.

Welcome!

4 years ago

Nailed it.

4 years ago

First, please don't get an AMD card. Why would you want something that is objectively less efficient, creates more noise, emanates more heat and on top of all of that is more expensive (or, depending on region, less expensive but due to the aforementioned reasons not worth it)?

Second: There is a wondrous world of all kinds of games... To be honest, most PC exclusives would be ones that don't require a crazy good PC.

What genres do you like?

I can suggest Rimworld, for example.

4 years ago

While 5x0 series was worse, 3x00 are nice products, with the same perf / W as Nvidia. Only that they are available solely with blower cooling now, which is not good for their temp under load. But OP would need to wait for 3500 or so card, as now they released only 3700.

Also while AMD cards were less powerful, they are also cheaper (not more expensive...). Not to mention this recent ridiculous Nvidia's +100$ price tag for Ray Tracking, which works like PhysX - in few games at best. And is paid with huge FPS drop.

And undervolt is an answer for noise and heat generation, is available as an auto-option in software now :P

4 years ago

4 years ago

Really nice list!
+1

4 years ago

thanks!

4 years ago

Crusader Kings II

The only game you'll ever need.

4 years ago

4 years ago

I have adored Civilization 3 and Railroad Tycoon 2 for years (over 1 decade), and neither demands tons of resources.
Mount & Blade Warband is also quite good,
Medieval Total War Gold
Turmoil.
Ticket to Ride
Crusader Kings II is good.

4 years ago

I re-installed Railroad Tycoon 2 a few weeks ago, and I don't think I've really played anything else since

4 years ago

😂 I know the feeling all to well.
Have you gotten to the stage where you write down a list of all the various trains and which ones are doing what?

4 years ago

I never needed to. I'll admit that toward the end of a scenario, it can be a bit confusing, but by the time I lose track, it doesn't matter anymore - I'm making enough money that efficiency doesn't matter, and if I see a station with too much stuff to pick up, I just buy a new train and deal with it - regardless of what the other trains are doing

4 years ago

You can't go wrong with classic FPS games. Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem 3D, Heretic, Hexen, Shogo. I'll even throw in Eradicator, which deserves a little more attention than it gets.

4 years ago

FTL
Into the Breach
LYNE
One Way Heroics
Paint it Back
Shovel Knight
Spelunky
Warframe

4 years ago

I play on a mac which isn't the best gaming machine haha. I can't play some of the new big AAA titles that often seem to value graphics above gameplay anyway, but I can play most older games and many recent indie titles.

I've been playing without issues

Hollow Knight
Yooka Laylee
Dust An Elysian Tail
Torchlight
Stellaris
Civilisation IV (V and VI work fine as well)
Cat Quest
Bastion
Life is Strange
Talos Principle
Oceanhorn

That's just a few. I have 100s of games that run fine on my machine. :)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

If you want to check out games I would recommend going to this site: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
Type a game in and click Can I run it, the site will then first download a application it uses to get your computers specs, after that you can search any game the site has in its database and see if your setup can run the game :) nice way to see if you should or shouldn't buy a game based solely on if your PC can run it or not.

4 years ago

Bindings of Isaac games

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.