British Grand Prix

How it works

Predicting the winner would be much too easy in a field of twenty where only six drivers (if that) will likely contest most wins. To make things more interesting you will have to predict the top three finishers in the correct order and do so before the start of the qualifying session on Saturday.

Race Preview

Welcome to the superspreader event, also known as the 2021 British Grand Prix. A totally moronic decision by the government but I'll stick to the actual racing.

This weekend will be one of three races where they will experiment with Sprint Races, for more information see here and here.

Obviously this means I'll have to change the rules above a little; so for this weekend predict before the Saturday Sprint Qualifying.

Leave your predictions below; you can use this template:

1. Hamilton
2. Leclerc
3. Bottas

Sites
Wikipedia
Silverstone

Giveaway

Steam Giveaway
Sir, You Are Being Hunted https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/jxjWW/
The Signal From TΓΆlva https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/uqreQ/

(Reusing two from my Tour event.)

Result

TBD

View attached image.
View attached image.
2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

1. Hamilton
  2. Verstappen
  3. Bottas
2 years ago

1. HAM
  2. BOT
  3. PER
2 years ago

Wait, in a ham sandwich, the ham is supposed to be BETWEEN the buns, no?

1. VER
  2. HAM
  3. BOT
2 years ago

1. Verstappen
  2. Perez
  3. Gasly

πŸ˜‰

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

2 years ago

1. VER
  2. HAM
  3. BOT
2 years ago

1. Hamilton
  2. Verstappen
  3. Perez
2 years ago

1. Verstappen
  2. Hamilton
  3. Bottas
2 years ago

1. Verstappen
  2. Hamilton
  3. Perez

Hopefully Perez 2nd tho

2 years ago

1. HAM
  2. VER
  3. BOT
2 years ago

1. VER
  2. HAM
  3. PER
2 years ago

Well Hamilton has to do things like this? Like is he scared of losing the championship? I wouldn't be surprised if he is scared of that
I feelbad for Verstappen it was fully Verstappens corner.

2 years ago

Hamilton definitely could have kept more to inside and then there would have been no accident. I don't think he did this consciously on purpose.

It's a real shame though, it was such a cool fight for P1. And most importantly, I hope Max is ok, he looked real groggy there.

2 years ago

He definetly looked dizzy as a RedBull fan I really hope he is okay aswell I feel like Hamiltom deserves a big penalty 5 or 10 seconds is not a big penalty for Mercedes as tbey are always way ahead of the pack

2 years ago

Even with all the camera angles it's quite difficult to see how much room there was and what was 'reasonable' to do or not. Earlier in the first lap Hamilton definitely breaked and made sure there was no impact. He could have done the same here but obviously everyone is racing to win and taking risks is part of that.

I'm glad I'm not one of the stewards as I don't know what kind of penalty is reasonable here.

I really hope Max will be world champion at the the end of the season, so hopefully this race won't have an impact.

2 years ago

It may not be on purpose but I definetly think Hamilton is at fault.

2 years ago

50 G crash they just told us like.... how crazy is that.

2 years ago

Yeah, I heard 51 G.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

What are your thoughts after the race? I would feel disgusting if I was Hamilton no words from him for Max no questions about him and celebrates like nothing happened and won with clear racing also its clear that Hamilton is gettinf much worse at this point for 50 laps he couldn't overtake a Ferrari with engine problems

2 years ago

From what I heard most ex-racing drivers thought Hamilton was the cause of the accident. As to what happened afterwards; I fear that's just how professional sportsmen are, I'm not at all sure Max would have done things all that differently.

2 years ago

In my opinion, its a racing incident. First lap, both racing hard, touching wheels on the straight, no one wanted to back down, one came out worse...

We have seen hard racing all through the season from Max, specially in Imola and Barcelona where Lewis was on the outside and Max made sure he stayed there. In all those occasions Lewis had been backing down to avoid damage and get as many points as he can to the championship.

As i see it both drivers could have done more to avoid it, Max knowing Lewis was on the inside could have left him more room and Lewis could have done the same on his outside.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

I hope it isn't aswell as it wasn't clear racing at all but the beast is free and he is going to get Hamilton again.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.