2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Craft the badges

2 years ago

You may want to add this to the op

SteamDB Badge
Steam Badge ⚠️hidden, will be available tomorrow

[SteamDB Badge](https://steamdb.info/app/1797760/history/)
[Steam Badge](https://steamcommunity.com/my/gamecards/1797760)
2 years ago

Craft badges from other sets of cards. You get one Winter sale card for each badge crafted.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago*

you can't get them from discover queue

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

2 years ago*

Yet. You have to wait for the sale to go live before you can get them from the Discovery Queue or spending money during the sale.

2 years ago

thank you

2 years ago

So basically we have to wait for winter sale to get these cards? Where did the ones on community market came from then?

2 years ago

The mystery cards currently on the market come from crafting badges.
But when the Sale starts you'll be able to get 1 free card every day by going through the Discovery queue.

2 years ago

I see!

2 years ago

Oh yay time to reach lvl 170. I need to find the perfect badges to display on my profile as its gonna be there for a while
Oh wow I actually did hit 170 nice

2 years ago*

Maybe a weird question but how often do you get booster packs?

2 years ago

oh erm idk I get a few a year. My latest was in october (unpacked) I'll do a quick check of where else
One in June (sold). Seems like this year wasn't so great but I had more last year. It's typically after I create my badges that steam drops me a booster pack for a badge I'm done with. I also get a decent amount of foil cards

All I know is that I got so much inventory history its insane to look through. Oh hey it actually tells me when I gain cards from gameplay

2 years ago*

Thank you.

2 years ago

And you basicly says there is a connection between completetion of the badge and drop to that specific game?

2 years ago

Normally it has just happened randomly but there have been a few times where I just completed a badge (normally lvl 5) and it will drop the next day or in that week. Also its typically really cheap booster packs that you barely make 3p of it so for me at least its not worth lvling up to get better chances at drops and junk. They only drop for games once you unlocked all the drops from that game so by the time I get a pack I've pretty much have created the badge for it

It seems to that in the past booster packs were very regular. Now people are reporting like 2 a year when before people would get like 2 a month

2 years ago*

There were this sale a few years back in which you could booster your level rocket ship(HUGE mistake which Valve did). I personaly lvl up from 30 to 60 or 70 in a days. After that it seems they regulated the chance of drop. Or it is the fact that some people boosted there lvl at that sale in like hundred times.

2 years ago

Guess what booster pack! Its actually for beyond two souls so I will unpack it as i am yet to make a badge for it

2 years ago

Congrats!

2 years ago

well i can now say ive gained 3 booster packs since this event started. so yeah I believe boosting your stuff (especially during sales) will give you a nice chance at gaining booster packs. oh nice I like that lvl 5 badge for fran bow

2 years ago

Happy cake day! And thanks for the info.

2 years ago

I used to keep a spreadsheet between a friend and I...it seems that number of eligible games is more a factor than Steam level. IIRC, when I kept track they would get about 2 boosters a week, I would be lucky to get one every other week. They had three times the eligible games that I had despite being 100 Steam levels below me. I stopped keeping track as I only get boosters once in a blue moon now, actually I can't even remember the last time I got one despite being level 200. I don't 'idle' my games so that's probably hurting me in that regard so my number of eligible games is low compared to my overall owned games with card drops.

2 years ago

I don't 'idle' my games so that's probably hurting me in that regard so my number of eligible games is low compared to my overall owned games with card drops.

If I remember correctly you can only get a booster drop for a game that has no card drops left. Levels actually raise your chance of getting a booster, but as it is "awarded" when someone crafts a badge for that game - I think it randomizes between the eligible users, based on their personal chance (based on levels) of winning it .

So, unless I'm really mistaken, I think you have a comparatively better chance of winning a booster from a few games, and no chance for a lot of games.

2 years ago

From what i read its the contrary more games more chance.

2 years ago

I think the problem in my case is that all my eligible games are older at this point, I would assume as time goes on less and less people are crafting badges for those games so there aren't as many lotteries taking place. I don't think I've gotten a booster in close to a year at level 205, again I 'only' have 366 eligible games. I've been playing more games lately to increase that number but I'm very weird about keeping accurate playtime so I don't outright idle games to make them booster eligible.

2 years ago

you may get one per week as long as you log in
Steam Trading Cards FAQ

Once you have received all of your card drops, you become eligible for a booster pack

Make sure you log in to Steam each week to maintain eligibility.

2 years ago

Not one pack per week(were times when i got more than one i a week). You need to log in one per week.

2 years ago

Done, Thanks!

2 years ago

I managed to lv up from 300 to 310. It "consumed" a lot more sets than I was aware of.

2 years ago

Some 31 sets per level at that level, huh? You are a nice example of why it is such a big thing to craft badges when the summer/winter sale cards are active. Going from 300 to 310 gave you over 300 event cards, which can be another 3,000 XP (as the Steam event badge has no upper limit), plus background and emoticons each usually worth 100 gems, for a total of more than 6,000 gems.

(Something you of course know, but just mentioning it to point out why it is such a thing to craft badges during the summer/winter sales, as some here may not be aware of it.)

2 years ago

If i will craft a badge in point shop will it give me a card?

2 years ago

Can we upgrade normal (game) badges via point shop now or do you mean if you upgrade the seasonal badge which isn't live yet?

Usually the seasonal badges (at least those you get through collecting Sale cards) don't drop Sale cards themselves.

2 years ago

I meant the seasonal badge. And thank you.

2 years ago

sale cards replace coupons drop as a crafting reward
unless you get emotes and backgrounds from seasonal badge, i don't think so

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

Happy cake day. :D

2 years ago

Thank you! :D

2 years ago

thanks for the info

2 years ago

Yeah... and I started way too late farming cards I didn't farm for a long time apparently. After over 2 weeks I am still left with some 1,859 cards of 467 games to drop (which are likely worth at least one Skyrim at full price). And in inventory I have non-marketable cards from now 20 games, which is another indicator of how late I started farming cards (since non-marketable cards are usually for games which got removed from the Steam store).

I sold some cards already though, supplying the Steam market. Which is nice, not only due to all the badges I helped craft at a fair price.

2 years ago

there are some bots that do cross set trades for non-marketable sets, so that's not a problem (trade all the cards from badges with more than 5 total cards for 5 card badges to maximize what you can craft)

2 years ago

Thank you for the info <3

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago*

Be careful, you cannot trade here. Delete that message before some mod can suspend you for trying to trade here and create a post in https://www.steamtrades.com/

2 years ago

this was posted the other day, though the bot doesn't have that many cards in its inventory:

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/qfEUj/ryzhebot-cross-set-trade-of-non-marketable-cards

(and no I'm not affiliated, just found it helpful)

2 years ago

Thanks for the help, I haven't seen this, going to check it out

2 years ago

I know ASF is capable of farming the cards for us , it did it for me yday but today i start it and it havent done it... Yet?

Does it do it at specific time , or is there some command i need to run for it to get the card ?

I know i can just click trough a discovery que just curious in general Thanks !

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.