Maybe that and good conspiracy themed book. Amazon will have rankings and many reviews for such books to help you find the right one. The cards give a personal touch, and it sounds like he would enjoy reading a conspiracy plot.
Comment has been collapsed.
I think encouraging the mentality/enjoyment of conspiracy theories is ridiculous but I suppose if you think he would enjoy it.
Comment has been collapsed.
There's a conspiracy movement to advance all movements of conspiracies! I swear!!!1one1!!
Comment has been collapsed.
Maybe it's just me, but a card game actually seems to make an idea more cheesy/fictitious to me. I understand what you're saying and personally disregard conspiracy theories too :)
It's hardly the worst hobby/belief you can have though. I actually met a guy who honestly believes that the Holocaust is a propaganda fabrication by a mysterious Jewish elite group. He even had a video with purported "evidence" that concentration camps were faked. Now that is just a break from reality, and offensive.
Comment has been collapsed.
Oh, it definitely is offensive but it's probably only out of ignorance. 'History is written by the victors' has more meanings than one but that kind of goes back to conspiracies etc. I wouldn't deny the Holocaust because it's blatantly obvious is happened. IIRC You can actually VISIT some of them that are still standing and they are museums or whathaveyou.
Comment has been collapsed.
If you disgree with someone's belief then you assume it is ignorance. I'm sure he thinks I'm ignorant! And the video didn't try to discredit the existence of the physical locations, just their purpose and use. For example, the gas chambers were actually crematoriums that were used in their intended fashion without the massive slaughter of Jews
Comment has been collapsed.
Well ignorance is, by definition, the lack of knowledge/information. I suppose it could go back and forth until one person gives up. If the video was more about WHY they were used rather than them actually being real ( which I know is a belief to some people ) then yeah, I've heard that before.
In the end, I don't see the importance of their purpose(s) unless they weren't as a bad as people are lead to believe. Either way, the camps were bad and lots of people died. I don't see how some people can deny that. How do you HIDE the existence of a war, after all? Silence the generation that went through it? I just find it ridiculous and insane to deny it.
Comment has been collapsed.
Yes, the final bit was part of the point I was getting at. Beliefs such as those make these cards seem fairly benign, especially since the cards were probably on the shelves with other CCGs such as Star Wars and World of Warcraft in game shops. Though I can't speak from experience as card games have never been my cup of tea.
Comment has been collapsed.
I dunno, Red Alert 2 also had the world trade centers being blown up (and the Pentagon in a different level). I don't think it's so strange that fiction from the time had the symbols of our military and financial successes being destroyed by terrorists or other aggressors...but that's just me. I think that'd be a pretty sweet gift, do you know how much a whole deck would be?
This book is one that my stepdad got me a looong time ago which is always entertaining (it's my bathroom reading material :P )
Comment has been collapsed.
Buy him a fulltime brazzers account. Not a single person said no
Comment has been collapsed.
29 Comments - Last post 39 minutes ago by DeltaBladeX
17 Comments - Last post 7 hours ago by gokugohanpan
7 Comments - Last post 8 hours ago by Tabbou
117 Comments - Last post 10 hours ago by DaveQB
2,529 Comments - Last post 11 hours ago by Tyln
18,698 Comments - Last post 14 hours ago by schmetti
355 Comments - Last post 14 hours ago by Reidor
3,526 Comments - Last post 40 minutes ago by X37
556 Comments - Last post 54 minutes ago by shadowshiv
78 Comments - Last post 1 hour ago by hydrawolf611
914 Comments - Last post 2 hours ago by alexfirehouse
16 Comments - Last post 3 hours ago by msboring27
2 Comments - Last post 4 hours ago by DudePlay
318 Comments - Last post 4 hours ago by arepadulce
Comment has been collapsed.