Microsoft has noticed the error and changed the price to 33€

The Xbox Store seems to have a pricing error; in the Hungarian store the prepurchase costs 120HUF, which is ~0,33€. EU citizens can buy without VPN and the game works on PC. It won't work outside of EU due to region locks
https://www.xbox.com/hu-hu/games/store/c8b6b2d7-a454-4a39-92a9-fba5b97d681d/9NPKGVXPFRSX

1 month ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Thanks, bought just to mess with Microsoft, lol.
I have no way to play it, but maybe they'll add the steam key or something (one can dream).

1 month ago

It says playable on PC as well doesn't it?

1 month ago

Yes, but I don't have a Windows PC.

1 month ago

Maybe it'll be on XCloud, they add support for Mouse and Keyboard recently and AGE2 & 4 are already there :)

1 month ago

So you can play the games you own without the subscription, like Stadia?

1 month ago

You need a subscription and for the moment you can only play the games that are available with Game Pass Ultimate, but they announce multiple time that you'll be able to play the game that you own, we just don't know when ..
My bad if I give you false hope

1 month ago

No worries, just asking. I miss Stadia. ;-)

1 month ago

Yeah, Stadia was pretty cool, and if you've Prime you can try Luna, it let you play some ubisoft and Epic title in the cloud

EDIT: you need to connect your account before of course

1 month ago

TIL Luna is free for Prime users and I can play Ubi games by linking accounts, lol, what else was I sleeping on? :D
Thanks!

Hm, so I linked the accounts and I open Beyond Good and Evil from my owned games. I see "You own this game. Subscribe to Luna+ or Prime to play your game." and I have the Prime sub active until Nov, but I only see:
"Play with Luna+ Start your 7-day free trial"
"Play with Ubisoft+ $17.99/month"
"Add to Playlist"

[edit] Nevermind... https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=TXHVI0WFpYnGXsA0Gm
United States
United Kingdom
Canada
Germany
France
Italy
Spain

1 month ago*

Lol, joke's on me, Luna just debuted in Poland :D
Gonna try it soon! (well not this game obviously, but in general)

1 month ago*

Nice ;)

You can even link your GOG account to play some of your games now

1 month ago

where are you form? i tried using a card that i bought already from microsoft, but it gives error on payment.
how did you do it?

1 month ago

Poland. Filled out the fields, checked out.

1 month ago

Tried, doesn not work for me (Italy) It keeps giving errors in all fields when trying to enter card//invoicing details

1 month ago

Try changing the country to Italy first (in the card payment form), maybe they validate the address format.

1 month ago

Not having any luck here either. I tried changing the country but it still wouldn't take it.

1 month ago

Nice, thanks!

1 month ago

Thanks! It worked in Bulgaria.

1 month ago

what country did you choose in the payment form? you let hungary or did you put your real contry?

1 month ago

I left the default one.

1 month ago

My actual country - Bulgaria

1 month ago

Módosítsa a Store-hoz beállított régiót.
A Store-hoz beállított régiónak és a fizetési mód kibocsátási régiójának meg kell egyeznie. További információ

c0idEj7DpZTqr5CQxwJkx9.48.5

Mon, 10 Jun 2024 13:59:25 GMT

пытаюсь купить в Украине

1 month ago

Can't buy it from Spain

Edit: never mind, I managed to buy it. Mmm. In the hungarian page it said I bougth it, but it does not say anything on the Spanish one

1 month ago*

No Spain, no Italy, maybe it's locked to Central Europe?

1 month ago

Bought it in Portugal.

1 month ago

but you left country: Hungary, per your other comment

1 month ago

Yes, just added address, phone and postal code. Worked fine.

1 month ago

what changed? how did you manage to buy it eventually?

1 month ago

I am not sure. I got a error message in hungarian, but I pressed a button and I managed to buy it.

1 month ago

I got it from spain, where are you stuck?

1 month ago

:)

Thanks. I got it

1 month ago

TBH I'm not so sure it will work. It says the game is in my library, but they didn't get the amount from my card, probably queued the charge on release, so they can cancel the orders between now and September. Hopefully they won't charge the full price, lol.

[edit] got the e-mail, translation below:

Thank you for your purchase on Monday, June 10, 2024.

All purchased downloads are now available except for pre-orders. If you have pre-ordered a downloadable product, your account will be charged up to 10 days prior to the release date.
Order number: (...)
Purchase date: Monday, June 10, 2024
Age of Mythology: Retold Standard Edition 1 HUF 120.00

1 month ago*

thanks, i'm not interested in it, but for 0.33 why not.

1 month ago

Csak a szokásos ms elárazás 30$= ~12000Huf és megint lemaradt egy nulla

1 month ago

Kettő :)

1 month ago

I remember that Forza5 Premium could be bought as a gift, which keysellers usually use to sell it. So no wonder it was cancelled. Of course, the same could very well happen here since it's obviously an error, but at least there's no way to buy the game as a gift (yet)

1 month ago

EU takes notes I'm sure. ;-)

1 month ago

Módosítsa a Store-hoz beállított régiót.
A Store-hoz beállított régiónak és a fizetési mód kibocsátási régiójának meg kell egyeznie. További információ

MuvkB4T4mHYWsT0mWPAoPY.6

Mon, 10 Jun 2024 14:36:47 GMT

1 month ago

One time card does not work as it checking card on start and the finish transaction can not work. Dont want to give my not one time credit card just for this one game in this store:). But thx for info.

1 month ago

One card as a temp card your bank allows to create? I used one of those. Just make sure it's still valid on September when the game releases.

1 month ago

Yea, but one time paid card can make only one operation. And if they do this test like 300HUF and canceling it this probably make this card used. It is great price for this game but still I have many games to play even on steam and i think because of this problem I will pass:).

1 month ago

Oh I see, my bank does allow multiple operations.

1 month ago

Amazing, they again forgot two zeroes from the final price :D

Fingers crossed I get to keep it ^^

1 month ago

Hmm. No, I won't try to make use of the pricing error.
Thank you for pointing it out, tho.

1 month ago

Thanks, it worked from Romania.

1 month ago

Age of empires is my favorite game series, not gonna betray the developers

1 month ago

bought successfully, but microsoft / the xbox app on pc keeps logging me out instantly after logging in, so basically I got scammed... this thing is more horrible than the EA and Ubi launchers :D

1 month ago

And you need it to run the game?

1 month ago

to install it in the first place... maybe it's just microsoft trying to screw people that run wn 11 on a locale account instead of loggin into their microsoft account.

the xbox box app does greet me with avatar and name etc after logging in but the buttons just stay on "login to see your contents" so I can't get the app to recognize what I own at this point :shrug:

1 month ago

Yeah, I'm not installing that stuff!

1 month ago

Greece Revolut no luck
"Lépjen kapcsolatba a Microsoft ügyfélszolgálatával
Problémába ütközünk a fizetés feldolgozása során, és szeretnénk megoldani ezt. További információ

xd6D1vjpg4JBvKxjXfZHCB.41.4

Mon, 10 Jun 2024 19:17:47 GMT"

1 month ago

Maybe you guys are lucky, but ... talking for experience. MS had a similar thing some time ago with Forza Horizon 4 & 5? (maybe 5 & 6. I don't know).

I bought them dirty cheap. I received the email confirmation. I downloaded them and installed them, then I even played them for a couple of days.
On the 3rd, or the 4th day, I've received an email saying something like "The problem you had with your purchase, has been corrected. Sorry for the delay" or something like that.
The games couldn't run anymore, there was an issue with the installation, then I tried to repair/re-install it, and it said I couldn't because I didn't own those games. (Edit: They refunded me the total I've paid, of course).
I've tried to contact MS, it was impossible.

Then ... after that, I've never bought, or even accept, any games from MS. I, even uninstalled some of the cheap games I've got from them over the years, and blocked MS Store with my firewall. And never looked back again.
I don't want anything form MS, is not worth it, believe me, ... is not worth it!

Had similar issues with "almost" every other shop: Steam, EPIC, UBI or Origin (one of this two), and ALL OF THEM, have honored the purchase!

I can't remember all the cases, but I'll give you one example:
EPIC did a giveaway for the "Death Stranding" and, by mistake they gave away the "Director's cut" for like 40 minutes or so. I've got the "Director's cut", and they rectified it so people would get the regular version. If EPIC had removed the "Director's cut" from my account, and replaced it with the "regular" version, I would have not complained, and I would have been happy with the regular version... but ... THEY DIDN'T!! They let me keep that version, and I've got the regular one (which I've got, just in case they changed their mind after the time to claim the regular one had passed).
The fact that they honored that... was MORE VALUABLE to me, than the game itself. I swear to you!

I'll move away from everything that is MS, as soon as I can figure out how to replace some functionalities.

Just ... watch out with those games!

1 month ago*

I bougth once fallout 4 and skyrim also from hungary price error and I still have them on my account. The problem why they revoked forza keys were resellers was able bought unlimited keys as gift... so tehy bough like tounsands keys, there were a lot of greymarket keys for dirty cheap.... But still.. you was able to play full game for some days for FREE because of price error and you still angry ? lol

1 month ago

You see, while I don't like what MS did, I also think that those resellers did a really bad thing. One thing is you getting a game that you are going to play, and enjoy, as a "freebie" (after all, most companies do giveaways (MS is not a good example at that!). A completely different thing is to raid the store and resell those keys.
I can understand that.
The issue is, they didn't revoke the keys from the ones who bought lots of keys, they also revoked keys from people who just bought one.
But, oh, well, that's life, I guess!

1 month ago

Regarding playing the games for a few days ... barely. If those games were on steam, I'm sure I would still be able to get a refund for playing them under 2h.
I used to love Demos, because you could try the game before buying it. But that was when a "demo" didn't require 50GB to play.
So, installing those games, was a pain! Uninstalling them, another. For nothing.
And I'm not angry anymore, I was for like two seconds, then I was disappointed only.

1 month ago

Imagine getting angry because you took advantage of a pricing error and it was later rectified.

1 month ago

Wasn't there a policy that shops must sell the product if it's their fault they messed up the price? At least it used to be like that back in the day.

1 month ago

Yeah, that's how it works in some countries

1 month ago

Microsoft's terms of service state: "When you make an order you place an offer to buy the Products. In the event you place an offer for Products, where there has been an obvious pricing error or other errors, we reserve the right to either (a) reject your offer or (b) contact you with alternative options. In the event of rejection, your access to any associated content will be disabled."
https://www.microsoft.com/en-mt/store/b/terms-of-sale

1 month ago

I got angry because European Laws say, that if you buy a product (off the shelf) that is label at a price, THAT is the price that you should pay (no more than that!).
But, in this case...:

• I got the product "off the shelf"
  • then went to the check out (no issues here either)
  • then I paid for it.
  • then I "went home"
  • then installed the product and used it for three days.

The courts have "forced" car dealerships, to give a car to a costumer, because in the advertisement they said something like "as cheap as a dozen eggs" and a guy purchased the car in such manner, so the dealership had to do it!
A videogame, on the other hand is peanuts in comparison.

Also, they removed some "demos" (nowhere said those games were temporary, in my account).

And yes, I DO get angry at such things because it shows the moral fiber of a company that makes billions (often using schemes, and forcing consumers doing things they shouldn't). If they can do that with a price error, what stops them doing it for any other reasons.
You used to be "safe" when you installed your games from a CD/DVD. You'll see what I'm talking about.
But please, keep siding with them, and we will see where we all end up.

1 month ago*

It seems hypocritical to me to talk about the morality of large companies, when you are precisely angry for taking advantage of pricing errors. Where is your morale to buy things knowing that the price is wrong?

At least if they take away something that you bought because of their mistake, don't be so shameless as to complain about it.

1 month ago

Is not hypocritical, I'm not pirating, I'm not cheating (the price was put by them, I didn't hack their website, or changed the json query to their shopping API, or anything like that). While, they have budget meetings that literally enumerate expenses like this: rent, electricity, furniture, salaries, fines, etc.
Yes, they include $200million in fines as "expense" (that's how the game is played nowadays).

Also, I don't have to know the price is wrong, it can be low for sooo many reasons("early-bird" promotion, mid-week promotion, differences in currency (when I lived in the UK, I could buy lots of things on the cheap from other countries, because the pound was so strong(at the time)), often when there is a giveaway from EPIC, prices tend to plummet in many places for that game, that week.
I'm a very busy person in general, and I don't have to be aware of the reasons why MS, in Sweden, is doing some price (BlackFriday happens all over the world, NOW, but 12 years ago (maybe 15) it was ONLY in the US. What if it was Swedish BF).

But it doesn't really matter the reasons for the price, when you are poor and barely making a living you get any offers you can get, sometimes you get tricked, sometimes you get lucky. I dare criticizing the motives of someone (not me, but anyone) that barely has a dime vs a multi-billion corporation that LITERALLY:

• Has abused the law on several occasions
  • Has stolen your data over and over.
  • It tries to trick you into giving them more data (why, after every 2 or 3 patches (windows update) I have to go again through the "windows hello" (asking me to share my data, my location, etc.) when I have said countless times "no, I don't want to give you my data".
  • And has had security breaches in which, we all, most likely, have our data in hands, outside MS, that we don't know what are they going to do with it?
1 month ago

Also, JHartmann, mentioned about laws when you take something off the shelf with a price error. Those laws where created for a reason. At one point this was the "far west" regarding what companies could get away with.
And it seems we are circling back to that again V_V
PS: As I said before, you'll see the future that is getting "cook".

1 month ago

Those laws are for prices for physical products off the shelf in physical stores.

Digital stores are not obliged to fullfil bad faith orders that are clearly taking advantage of pricing errors. Just look at it from the other perspective. A smaller online store might go bankrupt because of a pricing error otherwise. Would that seem reasonable to you?

1 month ago

Gamesrepublic went under in 2016. They had financial issues, but after a massive mispricing of Civilization 6 Platinum Edition they had to cancel the order, refund every game, plus they handed out a 25% off coupon for anything... it likely contributed to a faster downfall. (since then they reopened in 2018, but yeah - if not on Microsoft, these charges can pack quite a punch on smaller storefronts.

1 month ago

True, true, for the small store! And I wouldn't pressure the small store, but I DO pressure the multi-billion corporation though.
Also, a small online store, most likely can manage that expense (still I wouldn't pressure them), since being online, is often than not, waaaay cheaper, than paying for all the physical store requirements (open permits, maintenance, salaries, insurance, electricity, water, and so on) that most likely they are not paying.

But hey, to each their own. I'm not complaining about every store, I'm complaining about the richest software company in the world (they might have "lost some weight" but they ARE the richest!).

1 month ago

The difference between a retail store and an online store is the amount of damage a pricing error can cause. Sure, a small online store most likely can manage to sell a single or a few items at for example 1% of its real value. But unlike with retail errors that's not what happens with an online price error. Their whole inventory of that mispriced item will get bought out. And good luck eating that cost.

What amount of money should Microsoft be okay with losing for the error of setting a regional price of an upcoming game to 1% of the real value by misplacing a comma? What if tens of thousands of copies of AoM: Retold are bought through the Hungarian storefront from all around the world using VPN? Should they shrug their shoulders and say 'Oh, well, guess we won't earn anything on this new game of ours, better luck to us next time'?

1 month ago

Dude, Thor (ex-dev from Blizzard) told his audience, that in Brazil prices for games are ridiculous, so for a person over there, it requires a few months of salary to buy a game. He, lowered his price to something that was like 4 USD, and many people was able to buy his game in Brazil. Today is 25% of their income.
Which also shows, that studios can live with less money as well. We are talking about an industry that outsells: the music + cinema + tv industries together (not including sports, that industry is a giant).

Check out his video, is like a minute long or so. Thor is an absolutely spectacular person.
And my morals are very clear:

• Stealing is wrong
  • Being rich and stealing a Ferrari ... is wrong
  • Being rich and stealing an apple, to eat ... is wrong
  • Being poor and stealing an apple, to eat ... is ok (is better to ask, in my family we have said not to give money quite a few times, but have NEVER said NO to give away food to anyone who asked. NEVER!).
  • Being poor and stealing a Ferrari ... is right or wrong depending on the circumstances (if he does it to be rich, wrong. If he does it to feed himself and his family, still wrong, but I would blame him for it, period!).

1 month ago

There are a few problems with your example. 4 USD is not 1% of the full price of their game. And it's a regional price, not available to the rest of the world normally. Of course it can be circumvented but it's harder than simply using a VPN. I'd also be curious about what percent of that 25% of income comes from people who are actually Brazilian versus who region jumped to take advantage of the regional price. Many devs and publishers have gone public with how savvy people have been exploiting their generous regional pricing which in turn in many cases forced them to increase their prices in poor regions. You can ask people from Argentina and Turkey how happy they are about recent price increases thanks to exploiters.

Which also shows, that studios can live with less money as well. We are talking about an industry that outsells: the music + cinema + tv industries together (not including sports, that industry is a giant).

Gross revenue doesn't tell much about the health of an industry. I don't read much about the gaming industry but according to what little I've read it's not in a good place right now with many layoffs and studios being closed down.

1 month ago

True and true.
The regional pricing is a complex subject, and I'm not going to go there. The reason for me to mention it, is because, by reducing the price so people can afford the games, the devs are getting a lot less money. If I can have lunch in Thailand for $2, those $2 are not going to get me nowhere in the US. What I mean is those $4 per game, should help those people, but shouldn't "help" the dev much (since the dev lives in the US, and pays the bills at US prices)... but ... apparently, it does!
Meaning the margins are good enough.
Cables for example tend to be marketed at 200-300% of their real cost (probably about 700% for apple products) (I used to work for a company that sell that kind of stuff: Ink cartridges, cables, Blank CDs/DVDs, etc.

If a small company can make it, trust me, Microsoft can easily survive it!

And you are right, about gross revenue. I agree with you on that. But I'm not talking about gross revenue, I'm talking about the billions in profits that Microsoft announces in their stockholders meetings. If you are going to tell me that Microsoft is loosing money (actually loosing money) I don't believe it.
And the layoffs (that everybody talks but nobody talks that a lot of people have been employed, during the layoffs) is because companies are recycling staff.

In general, the game industry is not good from the employee perspective, tbh. Long hours, ridiculous schedules, lack of creativity, lots of creativity cut at their feet, etc. V_V

But that has nothing to do with developers, small shops, etc. I'm not complaining about that...

TL;DR: My main complaint is that small and medium devs/studios/publishers are... honoring their prices, doing giveaways, protecting our consumer and privacy rights, and ... MS is doing the opposite (not all the time) but enough times to get fed up with them.
I've seen more kindness from smaller and medium developers than from MS (also some big names have been kind, and honorable). Just saying.

1 month ago

Then ... after that, I've never bought, or even accept, any games from MS. I, even uninstalled some of the cheap games I've got from them over the years, and blocked MS Store with my firewall.

So you had no problem willingly and knowingly abusing the price error, cheating the publisher and the developer out of money and even had fun playing the games, but when the pricing error was corrected you threw a childish hissyfit, screamed bloody murder and acted like a spoiled brat whose pacifier was stolen?

If you make use of a pricing error, you always expect that the product will be refunded. If not, you're happy but if so, you just shrug and move on. That is the logical reaction.

1 month ago

They shouldn't e allowed to take it back if you buy something in a real shop at a price lower than normal they can't demand it back from you they can't go knock knock on your door and take back the product because they put it down by 50% and not say 10% it was meant to be down by and I don't think Microsoft or any of these online stores should be the same it was the companies fault the price was set at 0.33 and not 33 not anyone who bought it

1 month ago

It doesn't matter what you think or how things in your eyes should be. The law is the law. In most countries the law still differentiates between digital stores and analogue stores.

If you want that to change, go and tell your local politicians, your preferred party, sign petitions, join a political party and actively work on changing the law. In a democracy, there are many possibilites to work on changing the law, but you have to actively do something about it.

The world or law will not change just by wishful thinking or posting on forums.

1 month ago

It's not the same at all. Let's say you go into a store and there is a pricing error on a high value item, for example a TV. You can buy it, but most likely there's only one or at most a few on the shelf. And you can't demand the staff to give you all the TVs in the backroom or to order more in for you for the faulty price.

If there is a pricing error in an online store bad faith actors can clean out the entire inventory themselves or the price can be shared on online forums and thousands could descend on the store till the inventory is gone. Or if it's a digital product with no limits then the loss can balloon even more. Having the same laws / policy for online commerce would be a disaster.

1 month ago

Punctuation, please, my poor eyes can only take this much

1 month ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

1 month ago

Yes, that's entirely valid after spending years on the site, communicating in English that's not my first language.

1 month ago

Again, please read my other posts. Is not cheating. Cheating would be ... "me, accessing the developers console, updating the json request, with a new cheaper price, then figuring out a way to inject it into their site".
Cheating is ... when you say NO to Microsoft to telemetry, and they keep sending telemetry to their servers.
They keep asking you to send full telemetry every 3 o 4 windows updates (yes, I get the windows hello dialog after 3 o 4 times updating the OS).
And changing telemetry options from:
a) Yes, send my data.
b) No, don't send my data.
to:
a) Send minimal data.
b) Send full data.
THAT IS CHEATING!!!

Cheating is, when MS was asked to remove the default browser, MS didn't, the EU fined MS for 200M, when the estimate profits of that "little" abuse were about 1.4B. THAT IS CHEATING!

Cheating is, when you added a new browser and clicked "Yes, I want it to be my default browser" and that was it. And they change it, so you were forced to go to settings, AFTER THE SAME MESSAGE, and had to change the browser manually (eventually Chrome started to open "Settings" for you, but ... initially, when MS did that change, no one was aware of that, and you couldn't change the default just by clicking the "yes" button, as you had been doing for the past ... I don't know 5 years?

1 month ago

The fact that you think that the product should be refunded by default, is very sad.
Those laws are there to protect the consumers. Maybe, in your country these laws don't exist, or are not applied, and that is worrisome!
If this was like that, everything is valid.

And I don't throw a hissyfit, as a matter of a fact I could not care less what you or MS thinks of me. What I know is ... I cannot trust a company like that, period. And I'm tired of the continuous abuse of companies all over the world.
If they made a mistake, THEY SHOULD PAY FOR IT!

Look, we all make mistakes, and often, that's ok, no one is perfect! Everytime I do something for the companies I work for, I try to double, and triple check everything, so I won't make a mistake. BUT I can tell you, from experience, that most errors, are not mistakes per se, but underpaid, overworked people (check the state of Blizzard and they blatantly abuse of their devs), that make the mistake because they are so stressed and abused, that an oversight is so easy. Let the company burn!! If they loose a lot of money, maybe is time for companies to start paying what is right, treating customers, and employees with respect.

And if you keep defending them, good for you. Maybe one day we will see you on tv affected by events like: Flint Michigan, Dupont, Lehman Brothers, Blizzard, and many other abusers. Then we have the newer generations, that cannot afford a house, "quiet quitting", etc. And you still act defending these guys.

NO, MS should have eat it, they are going to still have heavily profits (and don't get me wrong, this affected me a little, but I would get equally mad if it was affecting only you!). NO company should had the power of taking ANY good from your hands (whether physical or digital) once you left the store ... PERIOD!!!

TL;DR: They could, politely, ask you to send the product back, and it should be an individual's choice, but should never be forced. (that is my main point!).

1 month ago

You shouldn't be to upset/surprised when a company with a history of highly questionable business practices going back longer as you're alive probably doesn't honor a purchase contract.

1 month ago

Big company bad, but in cases like this they are in the right both legally and in my opinion morally to not honor the contract. Could you argue in front of a judge with a straigth face that the purchase was done in good faith?

1 month ago

Could you argue in front of a judge with a straigth face that the purchase was done in good faith?

I could as I'm pretty good at lying.

How I see it it's not about legality or morality but about taking responsibility for your own mistakes. Like RotoUser wrote there are companies who would honor the contract despite they'd be arguably in their right to reverse the transaction and then companies in the ilk of Microsoft and Steam.

1 month ago

You are right!
Still I deeply dislike that small companies go down, doing everything right, and these guys get away with ... maybe not all, but way too much.

1 month ago

Who do you think would be more likely to go down if laws were introduced about making it mandatory to honor online price mistakes - big or smaller companies? Try to think through all the consequences of such a law. I don't think consumers would be better off.

Do you know about the legalese online stores use about how you ordering (even if paying right on ordering) is not an actual purchase, just an offer to buy and the purchase officially happens when they confirm your order? How do you feel about that? Is that okay in your book or not as a defense with regards to mistakes in pricing / stock availability and such?

1 month ago

I know what you mean... but... those laws, already exist in the EU for about 20 years now, and in Spain for more than 30 years. And look, they seem to be ok. Also, laws, are applied by judges, so if the judge it to be fair, it would be fair, if not, then not.
You probably live in a country where those laws don't exist, and customers have to pay the price, and maybe see it as normal, I don't see it a normal.
People think that was it is written in a contract, has to be honored, and that is partially true, but not completely. Contracts, cannot go against the laws of the country. If the contract said, that if you don't pay, the company can collect one of your kidneys, that would be ridiculous and illegal, right? This is the same, if the contract says that "that is an offer" by laws of the country say that "the price of the purchase has to be honored", the shop, is obligated to follow the law, or just ... don't sell to that country, is that simple.
If you buy a product from china, the warehouse is in china, the store is in china, and they pay the taxes in china, most likely you'll have to follow Chinese law. Most companies, try to follow international and local laws (local for you the customer), so they can operate without issue, but in the end they could choose to follow only the laws of where they are located.

It shouldn't be an offer, unless they are eBay, is not an auction, is a sale. But they can write what they want. 🤷‍♂️

1 month ago

I live in the EU and I'm pretty sure that those laws only exist for retail stores, not online commerce. MS is not breaking EU laws when they revoke purchases made during obvious pricing errors. I detailed in other comments in this topic why I think these laws while okay in the retail setting would be quite terrible for online shops.

1 month ago

After reading some documents from the EU and this website:

I can see that the situation is a bit more nuance that it might look at first sight.
1) That page says that in the US, they are not forced to honor their price mistake. But in the EU, it does (with a grain of salt).
2) In the EU, they have to honor the price, if the customer could believe that price was possible, and the reaction time of the business (this is to avoid the "bait-and-switch" scam some companies did in the past. So, is not 100%, probably, by the EU... MS was not at fault here.
3) On most of the documents from the EU, they say the laws are the laws (obviously) period, BUT, no EU law could limit local (country) laws. Meaning, if your country has that protections, you are granted those protections. 🤷‍♂️

So, is not a black and white as it initially look.
I'm ok not getting those games in general, it doesn't bother me much.
I would be fully ok if it was a small shop, or a small/med publisher.
But, honestly, I used to defend MS a lot for so many reasons in the past. But before I started being affected by some of MS tactics (the ones I've mentioned before: forcing me through the telemetry funnel, among other things), I started not liking some things they would do to other people, and small companies. Then, I, finally was affected by some of their (let's not curse here, XD) bad behavior, and finally the online shop (instead of explaining and asking me) removing the games from the account, the so called "demos" (they bait me very well with that), and some other things, is what drove me away from them.

That's life! And I do believe if we don't push a bit against big companies, today, they would greatly push against us, tomorrow.

TC! ^_^

1 month ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.