Hi. Without any long intros, this is an advent event where you need to solve jigidis in order to earn points and get a better chance to win great games. This is next iteration in my advent events. Last year this event had 75 giveaways and hundreds of participants.

Biggest change from last year is that all puzzles will be open for whole event runtime (01.12. - 27.12.). But still, it wouldn't be fair to everyone if all puzzles would give same amount points every day, so point calculation here would come in place - farther away from actual date == less points puzzle will award. This goes in both ways -> if you solve puzzle on it's day, you will get most points, but if you solve it before or after, you will receive less points.

I have made a simple website for this event. Everything related to event will be posted there. Website has a steam login and to participate, you must have steamgifts account (obviously). If you have a different username in jigidi, there will be a possibility to set that username on website.

All giveaways in this event will end on December 28th 12:00 AM UTC+2. Website itself operates in UTC timezone. Once your submission is checked, submission form will be replaced with a link to giveaway unless you already own the game. All giveaways that you have access to also will be available on giveaway page.

For your submission be counted as valid, you must follow some rules/guidelines. These rules will also be written in the Help section in a bit more detail. The pre-Event event is a good taste of what you will need to do.

RULES / GUIDELINES of submissions:

• You must solve each puzzle while logged into jigidi
  • You must take a screenshot (similar to this where you can clearly see the puzzle, your username and your time.
  • Do not add anything to images like underlines or arrows.
  • You must submit your time on the puzzle page by posting your time in HH:MM:SS (for example that would be 03:02:48) and a link to screenshot. Link must be direct to image (with extension - .jpg, .jpeg, .png, etc.). If you submit an indirect link, it will be valid (if contains image) but will give you less points.

Entry can be edited only on it's correct date!

Example:
You solve Day 5 puzzle on Day 5 -> you can edit your entry as much as you like on Day 5 but not after Day 5
You solve Day 5 puzzle on Day 7 -> once submitted, no editing
You solve Day 5 puzzle on Day 3 -> on Day 3 you can only submit once but you can edit your entry as much as you like on Day 5

All giveaways are for level 1.
If you are on my blacklist, sorry. It's highly unlikely that I will remove anyone from my blacklist but you can try to plea in comments.
If by any chance you find a bug, you can submit a bug report on website. Just make sure that something like that hasn't been already submitted.

https://ozo2003.com

Mood Music

As always, remember I have this long train running now. In there you can also find bunch of songs I have created and I would appriciate some support with views, likes and subscribes to my channel.

And please remember to bump this thread

KCUL DOOG

P.S. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in comments

MAIN EVENT has ended! Top and Christmas giveaways will be added soon (+ probably more afterwards)! Submissions will stay open so if you want to join any top or christmas giveaways, solve some puzzles. Solving now will not give you much points so you probably won't get into top 50 but you can still get to those christmas giveaways.

All new giveaways will end on January 15th (my birthday) so you have somewhat 2 weeks to solve everything there is to solve.
P.S. Producing errors in submissions now will be very harsh so do not make any mistakes

Just for info. Current giveaways:
Christmas: Wasteland 3, Fallout 4 GOTY
Top 25: Mortal Kombat 11, DEATH STRANDING
Top 50: The Evil Within 2, Prey
Top: Assetto Corsa Competizione, The Evil Within

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

extra question:
Finishing the jigidi will later show the link for that game giveaway...
does the extra points for solving the jigidi from owned games provide something else?

2 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/XLFq0ls

link will appear after i check all submissions. for first puzzles that will be in a week or so

2 years ago

I haven't jigidid in a while and I don't know if I feel like joining but this event definitely is cool so I'll try to remember to bump it even if I don't do anything :-)

2 years ago

Bump! :)

2 years ago

Under Submission on the puzzle page, I don't see the time I submitted. It's always 0h 0min 0sec.

View attached image.
2 years ago

yeay for first problem i can't repeat locally :D checking...

2 years ago

fixed

btw, if you reported this in site you could have gotten some points ;) now it's too late :(

2 years ago*

bump

2 years ago

Bump :)

2 years ago

I really liked the idea of ​​the puzzles, ozo2003! : )

English is not my native language and I'm always afraid that I haven't fully understood everything (even when the instructions are very simple, you never know...). I just submitted my first puzzle so... let me know if I did something wrong or incomplete, pls.

View attached image.
2 years ago

i haven't finished my checking mechanism for this year yet, so you need to wait like everyone else

2 years ago

No problem. Thanks! β™₯

2 years ago

Well... apparently one of my submissions was deemed unintelligible, as my name doesn't appear in the image (I cropped the image in the wrong place for distraction).

I saw that on the page there is a message saying that I can only send my time once, but this is a very easy error to fix... I can just send a new screenshot showing my name (if it is not possible for the creator of the puzzle simply see my name on the leaderboard).

It's possible?

2 years ago

no. for now. there will be a chance closer to end

2 years ago

Okie! Tks! : )

2 years ago

It seems there are users cheating jigidi again... :/

2 years ago

i don't see any abnormal times. which puzzle?

2 years ago

In every puzzle you can see users with weird times. For example, the first one has 62 solvers, everyone needed at least 35 minutes (and i really think that time is too low, but ok, i can admit it) but the first one in the leaderboard completed it in only 18 minutes!!
I really think that time is impossible without cheating.

Another example, today easy Jigidi, the first user solved it in only 1/3 time of the second one

2 years ago

maybe they have free time. if you solve it more than once it gets easier. most people solve once anyway

2 years ago

Obviously i can't check it, but i am sure you can't solve that puzzle in that time :/
When a jigidi has a picture with many different colours and shapes is easy solving it with a lower time if you repeat it, but when a jigidi is a 'try a piece once and again' you can solve it 1 or 5 times and your time wont go down too much.

2 years ago

Hmmm... This Peka is really suspicious. He spent too little time on each puzzle )
It seems to me that a human can't even just put all these pieces side by side in such a time, let alone solve it correctly πŸ™‚

2 years ago

Agree, i have solved more than 1700 jigidis and i think some times in the leaderboard are really suspicious.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

Maybe this person is really a super-master at solving puzzles, but most people physically will not be able to connect 200 pieces in 5 minutes... We are talking about this Peka πŸ˜„
https://www.jigidi.com/jigsaw-puzzle/bl7sigep/december-02-easy/

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

Seriously one person can solve the hard puzzle for 3 december in only 10 minutes?? What a quick hand to put in their right coordinates 299 pieces in 10 minutes.... only two seconds for each piece.... it's a joke. I think is disrespectful for all the people who participates and for the person who organize the event.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

Could you use your "technique" on solving real jigsaw puzzle? If not, I would call it an exploit. And no, I don't use something like that. If Ozo is fine with it, it's ok. I thought the event should be (competitive) fun. Maybe I'm wrong. Nevermind.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago*

So the event is about "who have the most free time". Well, that's a real competition, but none for me.

Btw, that everybody can be a cheater or eploiter doesn't make it better for the rest.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

i agree, the moment the real time and the time shown on jigidi diverged it became an exploit/cheat, no matter how much effort is put into it.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Now I'm super curious haha

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

i completely forgot about this one. too many events this year, can't keep track πŸ˜‚
i'll start solving tomorrow

2 years ago*

Bump

2 years ago

hey Ozo, did you change the time/timezone your site operates in?
i thought the "day" would start and end at midnight UTC+2/GMT+2, but now it seems it starts and ends 2 hours later...? GMT+0 so to say.
i submitted my time to todays medium puzzle "yesterday" thinking it was already "today"
im in GMT+1 by the way, so your day would end at 23:00 for me.

View attached image.
2 years ago*

nope, it's in UTC since the beginning, it also says that's in UTC on website. time counts in UTC. everything website related is in UTC

2 years ago

in your main post it says otherwise though

All giveaways in this event will end on December 28th 12:00 AM UTC+2. Website itself also operates in UTC+2 timezone.

last year it was also UTC+2

2 years ago

error in copying from last year. giveaways are in utc+2, site in utc

2 years ago

bump for finally solving insane puzzle. also i still have not received the link to the first day's giveaway from the puzzle i've completed, do you think i did something wrong?

2 years ago

giveaways will appear when i check submissions and assign points, that will happen some time next week

2 years ago

Alright! thankyou! if you ever need help i could help with that ^^
thanks for letting me know! i thought i screwed up something X3

2 years ago

Thanks for the event! I'm unfortunately going to have to bow out due to starting to develop RSI (the extreme followed by the almost single color one was rough). While I appreciate the added days it's a lot more puzzling than I expected!

2 years ago

Bump :D

2 years ago

2 years ago

bumppp

2 years ago

2 years ago

Visited the event website 3 hours ago and all was OK. But now there is 404... Is it only me with this trouble or website is down?

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

seems that it's back up

2 years ago

Thanks for notifying :)

2 years ago

there was a vps node outage few minutes ago, should be fine now. that was out of my control, vps is vps

2 years ago

Bump!

There seems to be a problem again

Oops! An Error Occurred
The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Something is broken. Please let us know what you were doing when this error occurred. We will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Edit: Problem solved

2 years ago

latest update didn't go quite as planned :( should be good now though.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Bump!

2 years ago

Ok, stupid question I'm asking too late. Is it OK to solve the puzzles earlier. Like, today, day 5, I am solving puzzle of day 7?

2 years ago

less points but solve whenever

2 years ago

solved some, about 11-12 hours invested, but i decided to stop here. last year i did every jigidi but this time i'm not quite in the mood and maybe is my idea but the jigidis are bigger this year, with more pieces? anyway, this requires too much time everyday to do for almost a month and i also want to clean some of my backlog in holidays. good luck to the rest of the participants.

2 years ago

Same here... 3 or 4 hours every day solving jigidis is too much for me, specially when the jigidi is too long and boring (for example, i didn't even try the today extreme green hell jigidi haha).

I completed every jigidi of last year event but this year i will stop today.
:)

2 years ago

Same for me, too. Last year I did (almost) every single one. But back then I had much free time.
Thanks to Ozo for this event! It's really well made. It's just too time consuming for me this time.

2 years ago

Bump!

2 years ago

Closed 2 years ago by ozo2003.