Hi. Without any long intros, this is an advent event where you need to solve jigidis in order to earn points and get a better chance to win great games. This is next iteration in my advent events. Last year this event had 75 giveaways and hundreds of participants.

Biggest change from last year is that all puzzles will be open for whole event runtime (01.12. - 27.12.). But still, it wouldn't be fair to everyone if all puzzles would give same amount points every day, so point calculation here would come in place - farther away from actual date == less points puzzle will award. This goes in both ways -> if you solve puzzle on it's day, you will get most points, but if you solve it before or after, you will receive less points.

I have made a simple website for this event. Everything related to event will be posted there. Website has a steam login and to participate, you must have steamgifts account (obviously). If you have a different username in jigidi, there will be a possibility to set that username on website.

All giveaways in this event will end on December 28th 12:00 AM UTC+2. Website itself operates in UTC timezone. Once your submission is checked, submission form will be replaced with a link to giveaway unless you already own the game. All giveaways that you have access to also will be available on giveaway page.

For your submission be counted as valid, you must follow some rules/guidelines. These rules will also be written in the Help section in a bit more detail. The pre-Event event is a good taste of what you will need to do.

RULES / GUIDELINES of submissions:

• You must solve each puzzle while logged into jigidi
  • You must take a screenshot (similar to this where you can clearly see the puzzle, your username and your time.
  • Do not add anything to images like underlines or arrows.
  • You must submit your time on the puzzle page by posting your time in HH:MM:SS (for example that would be 03:02:48) and a link to screenshot. Link must be direct to image (with extension - .jpg, .jpeg, .png, etc.). If you submit an indirect link, it will be valid (if contains image) but will give you less points.

Entry can be edited only on it's correct date!

Example:
You solve Day 5 puzzle on Day 5 -> you can edit your entry as much as you like on Day 5 but not after Day 5
You solve Day 5 puzzle on Day 7 -> once submitted, no editing
You solve Day 5 puzzle on Day 3 -> on Day 3 you can only submit once but you can edit your entry as much as you like on Day 5

All giveaways are for level 1.
If you are on my blacklist, sorry. It's highly unlikely that I will remove anyone from my blacklist but you can try to plea in comments.
If by any chance you find a bug, you can submit a bug report on website. Just make sure that something like that hasn't been already submitted.

https://ozo2003.com

Mood Music

As always, remember I have this long train running now. In there you can also find bunch of songs I have created and I would appriciate some support with views, likes and subscribes to my channel.

And please remember to bump this thread

KCUL DOOG

P.S. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in comments

MAIN EVENT has ended! Top and Christmas giveaways will be added soon (+ probably more afterwards)! Submissions will stay open so if you want to join any top or christmas giveaways, solve some puzzles. Solving now will not give you much points so you probably won't get into top 50 but you can still get to those christmas giveaways.

All new giveaways will end on January 15th (my birthday) so you have somewhat 2 weeks to solve everything there is to solve.
P.S. Producing errors in submissions now will be very harsh so do not make any mistakes

Just for info. Current giveaways:
Christmas: Wasteland 3, Fallout 4 GOTY
Top 25: Mortal Kombat 11, DEATH STRANDING
Top 50: The Evil Within 2, Prey
Top: Assetto Corsa Competizione, The Evil Within

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bump.. just in case I forgot to do it today

2 years ago

Bump!

2 years ago

Thank you for the event and all the giveaways but i will stop with jigidis today, maybe i will do some more if i like the jigidi but this year every puzzle needed too much time. I completed last year event but one 1,5 hours (or even more) jigidi every day is too much for me :)

I like jigidis with different colours and shapes, where you can take a piece and find where it goes without needing several minutes trying in every place.

Anyway, have a nice day and good luck with the rest of the event.
:)

2 years ago*

i would also loved if this advent had puzzles with more colors or related to games, some pics are nice but most are monochrome and are almost impossible for me to solve because i can't see dark color's differences in shades so i just have to try with every piece to fit in one spot, and its almost like a torture ;-;
but i like jigidis. and some of the pictures to solve in this advent are neat, i just cannot phisically complete most of them because of so many similar colors

2 years ago

Hey, I also wanted to send a feedback.

I love jigidis and I love solving them, but these are getting pretty rough. If it was just a case of not being interested in the giveaway it would be easy to just skip one, but considering that the overall appeal is getting into the top solvers makes it punishing to skip a puzzle.
If we go by the base time than todays (5th) jigidis would take over 17 hours to solve. The base times are set high and I have no idea how the times are beyond top solvers, but I would estimate it would still take around 5 hours to solve everything.
And honestly, the monochrome puzzles are just not fun. They just make your eyes hurt. Day 2 Extreme took a while but it still was fun and had contrast. Did you solve ones like the Day 7 Extreme yourself before? They are just depressing.

2 years ago

base time is a complete random, it has nothing to do with how hard or big puzzle is.

also, i don't solve my puzzles, so no :D

2 years ago

I thought base time was linked to difficulty xD lot of the difficult ones being 3-4h and so on haha

Maybe you should try it then ;) it's really a lot

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

I start to reconsider my decisions after the last extreme puzzle in black and white. . . (bump)

2 years ago

I'm just having fun and solving the puzzles that I like and have enough time for 🙂✨

Last year I didn't have enough time and for some reason I decided that it was necessary to solve everything, so I almost didn't participate...

But this year I have changed my attitude and am just having a good time - even if there is not a single giveaway that I will enter (which is very likely) then I still won't regret the time spent, the main thing is a good mood ⛄✨

Have a good December to all! 🎄😊❄️

2 years ago

Sometimes I think about doing that... then I think "I survived through 1/3 of it already... I can do it!"
And when I face the following monochromatic puzzle I start the loop all over again haah

2 years ago

thats a similar attitude i decided on this year as well.
last year i did all the puzzles. one could say it was a chore or even torture with some puzzles. also i didnt feel it was worth it in the end considering that there were like only 4 or 5 GAs more than just solving 1 every day at the end.
so this year i decided to do just 1 everyday (preferably the easiest) or if i like the puzzle or the GA linked to the puzzle or if im in the mood, i would try to do more...
dont have the time or the mood to over-extort myself over some GAs i might not even be into

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

and then you go to day 8 hard
:meatytears:

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

If anyone's super careful about their point total, it might be safer to close jigidi completely rather than leave it on in the background. The auto-pause failed on one of my puzzles, so I wound up with 6+ hour time on a pretty bog-standard medium one.

2 years ago

day 7 bump.
Question... (since there is only 1 puzzle left to do)
Will the next puzzles be released only next sat?
edit: Typo

2 years ago*

sorry, don't get the question?

2 years ago

I think my brain was half baked from an intense work day... (aka, stand by the computer while doing puzzles... )
reformulated question: We have open right now until day 10. How many days does the event last?
And if it is over the 10 days, do we have a schedule for when the next ones become available?

(and.. day 8 bump!)

2 years ago

reply - found a partial answer already.. but this thread lacks bumping. (Event goes all the way until the 24th!)

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

Bump!

2 years ago

Bump !!

2 years ago

Bump, just curious : on which days are the points calculated? :)

2 years ago

currently none :D will finish calculation logic and assign to "ended" puzzles (eg, those which has passsed)

2 years ago

Ah okay, thank you for the clarification :D. Then I know the points so far are correct :D

2 years ago

ALL PUZZLES UP

2 years ago

day 9 bump.

2 years ago*

Bump !!

2 years ago

Hi there. I submitted verification for the December 02: Easy jigdi puzzle (when it was due) but it hasn’t been certified yet. My username is thekenya

2 years ago

omg :D read other comments

2 years ago

Bump wipes sweat from forehead they are getting a bit hard >< haha

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

You should send the link with an image extension on the link.
On your imgur image, right click the image and select "open image in new tab". Like that you will have a link with extension .png

Also... I would recommend you to check the guidelines for the screenshots.
https://ozo2003.com/help/guidelines

edit: typo

2 years ago

day 10 bump

2 years ago

Bump ^^

2 years ago

Bump!

2 years ago