So I've bought something on Kinguin without the buyer protection. It's a community offer, in the form of a steam gift. To be honest, it was kinda fishy to begin with, but hey it was cheap and I didn't have money to buy the game for it's full price. Basically, I got a link, but can't activate the product. It says 'This gift is no longer available for you to redeem. The sender has either restored the gift to their inventory or sent it to someone else'. So does this mean that I got scammed? And now to the actual question. Will the kinguin staff help me out if I haven't enabled the buyer protection?
Thanks in advance guys!

8 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Kinguin will do nothing if you don't pay for their protection im pretty sure about & I don't know to 100% since I haven't bought there tbh, but without those protections they offer, the chances of getting scammed having revoked gifts seems kinda high..
This part though.
"To be honest, it was kinda fishy to begin with, but hey it was cheap and I didn't have money to buy the game for it's full price."
Why didn't you just add that 1$ or whatever it is since you probably would get the game much cheaper than fullprice anyway..

8 years ago*

It was like a 10 dollar difference, but I guess it's better than losing the money that I actually spent

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Still ask them.
I got once a "beta" key for a game (not any big AAA and still full game) and asked what is wrong with this and i got a new key without this protection thing.

Question: Did you checked the seller? Because Kinguin is only Marktplace for most keys and gifts

8 years ago

Keys often goes under "beta" if the game is under early access and Kinguin/G2A whatever sites offers those protections do it for a reason, from what i've read people even have a hard time getting in contact with support at all.. Protection or not =/

8 years ago

they have a livechat on facebook. so not very hard ;)
and yes, you are totaly right: they don't help everytime because of this stupid protection-bonus but asking is free.

btw. it was a back to bed key from a beta tester that sold 10 of them.

8 years ago

Can't find the seller's profile, I'm pretty sure that I got scammed by now.

8 years ago

I know, I've been in queue for like an hour or so. Still waiting for it, but thanks anyways :)

8 years ago

first .are you sure you don't have it in your library ?
second . i don't think kinguin will do shit about it , if you have not bought the protection.

8 years ago

I did check my library and there doesn't seem to be anything there.

8 years ago

I mean, I had a similar situation with G2A and I still got my problem fixed. Just contact the seller, since they probably don't want to hurt their reputation anyway :)

8 years ago

I did, but my letter is pretty much not answered and it's been like 7-8 hours by now. Waiting in the live chat right now.

8 years ago

that sounds like a gift returned to the owner's inventory for sure, obviously scamming. doubt they will do anything if you didn't pay their "insurance".

8 years ago

Feelsbadman.

8 years ago

I never pay for insurance on any of these sites and always get problems resolved, though it can take some time, just be patient

8 years ago

At first it said 'Error acceptin the gift, please try again later.' but now it says that the gift has been retracted. By now I'm pretty sure that I got scammed. And it's like 2 AM over here, I still gotta wait another hour for the live chat. And I'm honestly really tired. Feelssobadman

8 years ago

one time, (on g2a), I got a gift that was wrong region, the seller was being totally uncooperative about it, I provided all my evidence and after a few weeks, (yes, weeks) the staff resolved it in my favor and I got a refund. if I had paid the insurance I probably would have not had to wait that long, but yeah just don't give up until u get it resolved, no matter how long it takes

8 years ago

This is why you shouldn't buy keys from those places. Even use torrent, but don't buy from there.

Never bought and never will.

8 years ago

It's a multiplayer game for 5 bucks. Can't torrent that. I mean you can but you won't get the multiplayer part. And I live in Germany, it's kinda risky to torrent stuff here.

8 years ago

lol there's less scammers on kinguin than on steam.

8 years ago

I have had several problems with keys I bought on kinguin, but I did get their protection. I contacted them through online chat and they contacted the seller and made it right. It just took 24 hour wait for a response from the seller. I was very happy with their service. The insurance is typically $.70 or so.

8 years ago

It's 1 euro over here. But I guess it's worth it. Not sure if they'll help me since I didn't get a response to my ticket for quite some time now.

8 years ago

friend had the same issue,did it for him and kinguin gave him the money back even without the protection (Payday 2) 8 euro or something like that.They said they will do it just once.
I Was kind of surprised,since i dont trust these shitty sites at all.

edit* it was not a community offer and not a gift (key)

8 years ago

Kinguin is pretty legit, they've delivered every time and since this is a community offer it isn't their key, it's from one of their users. Hope I get as lucky as your friend did.

8 years ago

community or not you can get a reduns when you can proof that the gift is already used...
contact support and send them a proof a screenshot
and no need to buy a protection for that protection just reduces the delay

8 years ago

there buyer protection does nothing you get the same service whether you buy it or not,they will contact the seller and ask them to fix it if he does not they will likely ban his account and he will make a new one and you will get nothing.

8 years ago

You're probably right on that one.

8 years ago

Did you use paypal ? If you did you can always charge back, since the key/link doesn't work.

8 years ago

I used paysafecard. Rest in peace 5 bucks

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

8 years ago

Well, thanks for the encouragement. Have a good night mate.

8 years ago

I'm leaving for the night, and will chat with the online support tomorrow. Will also post an update on what happened. Thanks to everyone who was active on the thread, night guys!

8 years ago

Well guys, to all who care, I had a live chat with a Kinguin staff member. She was very friendly and cooperative, as was I. I sent her some screenshots of my steam and she told me that they're going to contact the seller and try to get the matter resolved in the next 24 hours.
Thanks to all of you who helped me, cheers!

8 years ago

Aaah glad to hear, hope they are able to resolve the matter for you then in the end after all! :]

8 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.