Action! - Gameplay Recording v1.30

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/action-1-3-0/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228180

Giveaway of the day has an installer wrapper. DO NOT select any optional installs

EDIT: This does not provide a Steam Key. Stand alone version.
Giveaway of the Day is a trusted site that works with publishers to advertise their wares.
I have been using them for years to get a variety of quality software and utilities for free.
Only shadey thing is the install wrapper will ask to install some kind of "informer" at the end of the install. Simply don't.

8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

i think its not steam!

8 years ago

I have to download it out of Steam, are you sure about this one?

8 years ago

I don't trust this at all.

8 years ago

yeah sort of fishy aye

8 years ago

I've used giveaway of the day in the past and I've never gotten any viruses or the like. It's basically a limited version. You have to install it THAT DAY to get mostly full access (but no tech support you would get from buying certain products) and you can't transfer the license from one computer to another. Also, some are limited to a year (antivirus) or you can't update them (also antivirus).

That being said, this isn't a Steam giveaway, technically, so I didn't think it would be allowed in the forums. Unless the forums aren't moderated, really, or they just don't care.

8 years ago

Its a trustable site, I've used it often in the past.

8 years ago

I don't know how much you can trust random internet people, but I've been using Giveaway of the day for years. It's usually some crappy wallpaper program or something you wouldn't want, but once in a while a program pops up that is a great get for free.

8 years ago

Ancient site. Worked well and without problems. Did come with basic online activation scheme but it was essentially privacy sensitive. Recommended.

8 years ago

Non-steam, doh.

8 years ago

Thanks for the heads up! Latest version too! xD

8 years ago

1. its not steam
  2. Its quite fishy that no unique key + needs other stuff to "register"
  3. not updateable (super fishy, maybe its just a cracked version.)
  4. as in readme they don't offer support.
8 years ago

GoTD is an established website. Application developers provide them with copies of certain versions of their software in return for promotion and advertising.

Look at the readme - "You have to install and activate it before the Giveaway offer for the software is over."

It's clear just from that line that the developer is involved.

8 years ago

True and thank you.

8 years ago

Lel GoTD is not "fishy" by no means.

8 years ago

just a nay-sayer, you have to ignore these people sometimes.

8 years ago

They essentially offer drm-free versions which are activated once and work offline after that. Its a promotional site like all those spralwing steam groups / keyoffers like gleam with goodwill from the respective developers. Even SG here is used as such - see the pinned multi GAs on top.

The catch is obviously that you don't get updates & don't get support. Its a freebie. Get over it :)

p.s. the site exists for many years now. They even had game giveaways at weekends in the past. url was: https://game.giveawayoftheday.com/ and its apparently still working (though no offer for today) Once gotten Jet's'Guns Deluxe from them (as well as other games from Rake-in-the-grass later on)

8 years ago*

Just use Shadowplay or OBS. :3

8 years ago

^this

Or even just win 10 using winkey + G, raptr, play.tv, hell even overwolf offers video recording.

8 years ago

I want to download this program but I am afraid to be supplied in the folder with viruses

8 years ago

GotD is a trusted site.

8 years ago

27 mb ?
Fof free ?
I dont trust this

8 years ago

8 years ago

hehe is seems like cracked version (of my spalsh player) :D

View attached image.
8 years ago

Can someone confirm that this gives you a steam installtion?

8 years ago

No, it's a standalone version.

8 years ago

Correct. No Steam key.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

8 years ago

yvw

8 years ago

free forever???

8 years ago

I guess no free updates, so free only for version 1.30, should be forever while you use this particular version.

8 years ago

Not bad :D

8 years ago

It's a nice program actually, I have it on Steam already, so I'll pass. Here is a link for a free download, not evolving fb/mail (you'll get the same through the site)

8 years ago

Hmm...I'm always getting an error message by running the setup.exe

8 years ago

Check the GoTD site comments... towards the bottom.
There are some tips getting around afirewall issue.

Make all troubleshooting comments on that site, that is what the DEVS WANT! :)
... and others can learn from your pain. ;)

8 years ago

Thx for the tip, but I used the solution from SSadistic, because I don't like it to play around with my firewall settings xD

8 years ago

You can download the official installer from here. The product key from Readme.txt [ 5jkA2-LeXcp-EsJfk-x4pI@-oTEi3-qz2zt ] should work, I guess.

8 years ago

This worked for me. Used the installer from your link and the activation details from the readme.txt :) Thanks!

8 years ago

Might not. The d/l file comes with serial and the registration name. The code you posted above was not the same one I used.

8 years ago

Well if it works for @WoodenKiwi, it's okey for me. If its a personal code, I don't care either since I have it on Steam already.

8 years ago

Nope, it's no personal code. Got the same in the readme I downloaded :) Maybe they have two different downloads. I got my download link via email.

8 years ago

Thanks man, ive been waiting for something like this and have used Give away of the day b4

8 years ago

The readmes terms and conditions state that its for "Strictly non-commercial usage", meaning your not allowed to earn money by using this version of the program in any way. Watch out for that.

8 years ago

Happy Cake Day!

8 years ago

Oh, I didnt notice. thanks :)

8 years ago

Happy Cake Day
I also play Valkria Chro xD

8 years ago

Awesome game.
I need to find the time to get back into it though.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

8 years ago

Wow, download supposed free key for a day shady game-play recording software compared to all the many free available options out there. Let me quickly not download this before the end of day.

8 years ago

If you don't trust the website, then don't download. Personally I have been using GiveawayOfTheDay for years without any problem.

8 years ago

I could care less about the site.

I'm just saying there's plenty of recording software that can be freely used and is used by a majority of smaller content streamers on twitch and YouTube. I have no idea of course what some of the bigger streamers are using because there are limitations in the end.

8 years ago

Works like a charm. Thanks for the heads up!

8 years ago

thanks for sharing!

8 years ago

yeah, I'm subscribed to the giveaway of the day too. Done this earlier.

Unfortunately the only useful thing about it is the streaming capability, shadowplay just shits on all recorder even the one I bought, which is dxtory

8 years ago

thanks guy.

8 years ago

This is VirusTotal of setup.exe:
https://www.virustotal.com/pl/file/e56d61b04a714a9a57f77b034c0e39bdb74651def41e2caa8b21a11d0d6566ad/analysis/

This file is some sort of extreme packer.
File Setup.gcd has an EXE written in it at 0x27A which looks like legit installer.

Also, the setup.exe hash is the same as files like:
6.7. Activate. Угр-3. Tr-1.exe
wrapperexe2.exe
Doomsday.exe
ACTIVATE.EXE

If someone said it looks shady. Yes, that looks EXTREMELY shady.

8 years ago

You do recognize that the other 55 AVs returned "safe", right? You are complaining about "virus" detected by an unknown Chinese AV that has 1-star rating on Softonic.

Also, here is the EXE file for uTorrent: 3/55 AVs detected problems.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/7fcf7fef39e427c15ff83075664888e9255b3566c99e672b633f881297353005/analysis/1458395850/

8 years ago*

I'm complaining over installer, that packs executables inside and is not UPX. It's obfuscated and packed with packer that even Exeinfo PE can't detect. It's clearly not a legit way to distribute software. That's why I'm complaining. I better use official installer.

Also, the "problems" detected in uTorrent EXE are two 'unsafe' and one 'OpenCandy' which is ads deliver, not a packed dropper. Many AAA AntiMalwares can't deal with packed executables, and the only way of detecting threat is running it inside sandbox and testing unpacked executables.

BTW: Not 'virus' but 'malware'.

Please, understand me. I had keylogger once on my PC. None of AV detected threat, because the software grabbed the Python code from file inside EXE, then wrote it out and ran (the soft was in AutoIt3) on compiled file. Finally, the decrypted EXE was detected by VirusTotal. It's all the packer magic. The process injected to system process, that's how it destroyed real-time AV monitor by the way. That ain't cool.

8 years ago*

Most "free" download sites provide this kind of packed installers. It's nothing to be called "shady", I think. Some big sites like Softonic even once installed adwares regardless of user's concern.

8 years ago

Download the official installer than.

8 years ago

It's to stop people reusing the giveaway .
He had to introduce it or he wouldn't have been able to carry on offering these free versions.
I''ve been using those giveaways for years and a lot of them used to end up been "cracked" and reused all over the net.
There was a small program that could decompile the giveaway installers but it doesn't work anymore.

p.s:
You can get games too from giveawayof theday.
They are regularly posted on reddit.

ie:
https://www.reddit.com/r/freegames/?count=50&after=t3_485h8d
Help Jasmine manage her busy flower shop! Free today with Game Giveaway of the Day!

P.P.S
There's a site that used to offer archived versions of the giveaways not sure if it's still operating.
The guy would rig the installers so they still worked after the end date with the serial code if needed.

8 years ago*

If only i am me when i was younger, i really like to record gameplay things and upload it to youtube, even though almost nobody watches my video.

8 years ago

Just Get Mirillis Action from the official website: https://mirillis.com/files/action_1_30_0_setup.exe

Activation Key: 5jkA2-LeXcp-EsJfk-x4pI@-oTEi3-qz2zt

Seems you have 24 hours to activate the key.

P.S: Key is not unique like Windows 10 key so no need to give your email.

Don't use those giveaway websites, they just want to farm e-mails

8 years ago

if it is not steam, who cares....

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by SelectiveOblivion.