Saw it on reddit. No source for you. But you can read on pc gamer too.

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

View attached image.
5 years ago

+1

5 years ago

Did you create this? Because it sent me into a fit of giggles

5 years ago

Yes. xD

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 6 months ago.

5 years ago

this is true

5 years ago

German region restricted games are not on the list but

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&page=1190

Gamestotal Countrybased List

1. 30081 - Canada
  2. 30065 - US
  3. 30062 - UK
  4. 30056 - Czech Republic
  5. 30053 - Poland
  6. 30050 - Switzerland
  7. 30049 - Italy
  8. 30044 - Australia
  9. 30038 - Hungary
  10. 30034 - Finland
  11. 30029 - Romania
    30029 - Croatia

12. 30025 - France
  13. 30022 - Serbia
  14. 30017 - Latvia
  15. 30002 - Brasil
  16. 29999 - Ukraine
  17. 29976 - Indonesia
  18. 29940 - Germany
  19. 29930 - Russia
  20. 29763 - Japan

Some countrys I got notified via PM and updated!
(games popup at steam like mushrooms)
(maybe more cuz of the restricted & removed games + filter settings)? xD

5 years ago*

30034 here.

5 years ago

added

5 years ago

Being that you're based in Germany, restrictions definitely feel like the intuitive guess. It's showing me 50-something over.

5 years ago*

how many to add ya country to the list ^^

5 years ago

Currently it's 30065 in US without any filters, but that's already about 8 "games" higher than it was half a day ago.

5 years ago

added the top ,)

5 years ago

29999 in Ukraine

5 years ago

added to the list

5 years ago

5 years ago

added to the list

5 years ago

5 years ago

added to the list

5 years ago

29930 in Russia. My only guess is that some geniuses have forgotten to set prices for this tiny country.

5 years ago

added to the list

5 years ago

30038 here.

5 years ago

which country?

5 years ago

Hungary. Also it says 30041 now.

5 years ago

added to the list

5 years ago

30002 in Brasil

5 years ago

added to the list

5 years ago

29976 in Indonesia

5 years ago

added to the list

5 years ago

30017 in Latvia

5 years ago

added to the list

5 years ago

30025 in Croatia

5 years ago

added to the list

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

5 years ago

updated ;)

5 years ago

Thanks MoppelMurks, asking the real questions!!
I got 29922 btw, yay 10 more for me :) (or just 10 games released since your probe?)

5 years ago

ya maybe

^^ I updated the list

5 years ago*

30025 in France ^^

5 years ago

oke azzo ;) added

5 years ago

Here in Italy we only got 29833 "games".

5 years ago

sex filter off'?

5 years ago

Whoops, didn't know about that stupid filter. It's 30049, fairly more reasonable number :D

5 years ago

there we go ;)

5 years ago

30022 here

5 years ago

added ;)

5 years ago

30056 - Czech Republic

5 years ago

added ;)

5 years ago

30062 - UK

5 years ago

got it thx ;)

5 years ago

Okay... I'm not sure if I checked it right but it shows up as 30044 for me.
Australia just recently got our currency added. Hurray for 10-50% markup for all our games! T_T Now there's literally no point buying from the steam story ever again.

5 years ago

added ;) also dont forget STEAM SALES!!!

5 years ago

29763 for Japan and 30081 for Canada
well, regional locks from Bandai/Temco/ etc lowered the amount the most probably

5 years ago

added thx ^^

5 years ago

And one user has 25k of them already.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Yep, and they've played for over 500 years.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Where do you get that number? 9500 hours isn't even 1 year.

5 years ago

lol, for some reason I mixed that up... I do see some ridiculous playtimes though

5 years ago

lol, for some reason I mixed that up

Is it possible that the two of you are just referencing different non-Earth planets? :P

Though, seeing as Mercury only manages four times the cycle speed of Earth, I'd have to imagine that any planet that manages to achieve a solar rotation speed that's roughly 500 times Earth's speed would be burnt up by the Sun pretty quickly after. So, despite how embarrassing it may be to significantly overestimate the length of a year, your calcuation still ends up being the more extreme one. ;P

Bright side, the planet you're suggesting should be a big hit with Michael Bay. After all, he does so love it when things end up being engulfed in flames for no meaningful reason whatsover.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Maybe it's just heavy and orbiting very fast? We need to check heaviest mass the planet can have before turning into a star, and then put the orbit as close as possible without frying it up.

5 years ago

Well, Osmium doesn't melt until 3,033°C [Rhenium is higher at 3186 °C, and Tungsten is higher at 3422 °C, but both are less dense than Osmium; Carbon has a significantly higher sublimation point of 5,530 °C, but is only about a tenth as dense as the three metals] and Mercury's surface doesn't get hotter than 427°C, so I guess you've got some wiggle room there.
Of course, now you've got me imagining a giant shiny metal ball rapidly circling the sun..

5 years ago*

Hey, nowhere it says the planet must be solid, so melting temperature is not really relevant. Google says it's about 13 jupiter masses before fusion happens and planet becomes a star, so we're coming from that. Although maybe he can live on a star? Can stars have years too? For example, when they are in binary systems orbiting another star?
If we would talk about days and not years, it would be much simplier. There is a neutron star that spins 716 times per second, meaning day lasts just a millisecond on it.

5 years ago

I was aware that wasn't a condition, but I thought I'd point out that even with just basic, solid [at least, on the surface of the planet] dense materials you should be able to get closer to the sun than Mercury without too much issue. I mean, from the perspective of a hypothetical planetoid, not as a human. That may be a bit more daunting of a consideration. :P

If we would talk about days and not years, it would be much simplier. There is a neutron star that spins 716 times per second, meaning day lasts just a millisecond on it.

I wonder if that'd be better or worse to live with than Venus's 243-earth-day-long days..
I mean, in a hypothetical where you could visit a neutron star that wouldn't grab your ship, smash it into the planet, and squash you flat with pressure, all while disintegrating you with its insanely high temperature. Bright side, with that level of attraction, you at least don't have to worry about the question of whether such rapid rotation speed of such a small [as far as a cosmic scale goes] object can lead to ejection of foreign objects! ..I mean..that's..a plus, right?

5 years ago

You're both wrong 9.5K is a little over 1 year. 1,08 year to be exact, which is around 1 year and a month approximately. Your math teachers must be so proud :p

5 years ago

Well I would probably gotten it more right if I had used math and not Win calc very tired, so I guess it would be more shaming to my typewriting teacher that I managed to typo something that simple.

5 years ago

Why would they need to be higher level? Games shortly start giving only 1 xp and the cost of leveling up increases.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

How about the user with 1,291,480 hours played? XD

5 years ago

That's close to 5 years running the maximum of 32 games at once Steam allows. All this made me realize I failed and overslept my achievement. :(

View attached image.
5 years ago

How do you have steam in played games?

5 years ago

Because I play the Steam manager game a lot.

5 years ago

Their profile is open and has been scanned. There might be higher.

5 years ago

TIL I'm the 10th biggest nerd in my country, cheers

5 years ago

you arent, you are just the 10th biggest steam hoarder in your country^^ owning trash dosnt mean you are a nerd (and vice versa) ;)

5 years ago

hmmm ... kathryn
7th in "Game stat"
10th in "Playtime stats"

I think kathryn is right (well ... don't trust a statistic and I'm more into astats)
Lies, damned lies, and statistics :)

EDIT: removed link

5 years ago*

out of the last 14 days (= 336 hours) he managed to play more then 600 hours. i guess the stats are legit

5 years ago

Man, firstly, I did not expect a lighthearted comment to get so much debate. Secondly, yeah, obviously all my biggest playtime games (Tap Adventure TIme Travel, Transport Defender, Shonen Idle Z, Clicker Heroes, Midas Gold Plus, Logistical if it wasn't under so many different app IDs) are idle games, I usually have one or two on the go at once and they run pretty close to 24-7.

5 years ago

sry^^ didnt wanted to attack you. i just disagree to call somebody a big nerd cause he has many games or playtime as nowawady people are hording thousands of trash games idling them...

5 years ago

Seeing as nerds are the subcategory of geeks [those with a passionate interest in a field] which are based in technical, academic, mathematical, scientific, or similarly intellectual fields, they're rather a niche association to overlap with gaming to begin with. I suppose you could claim to be a nerd off of your game library if it's composed of nothing but educational and puzzle games, maybe?

However, nerd does also slightly retain its historical application of "socially awkward" as a less-commonly applied secondary meaning, and that would perhaps be a suitable association for someone overly fixated with collecting trashware on a DRM-platform. >.>

Had kathryn used the broader term of "geek", they would actually have been fine in their usage, since their application would have been [Geek as it relates to Steam] rather than [Geek as it relates to gaming]. Mind you, I'm also not sure why someone'd have a passionate interest in that kind of thing, but it's still pretty tame as far as weirdness in hobbies go, so it's hard to criticize it too much. :P

5 years ago

I lol'd ... then I looked it up and then I rofl'd ... greetings from a big nerd (only game stat) in this region. cheers!
oh btw ... Keksinator messed up game and playing stat ...

5 years ago

To be fair, maybe there are countrymates of yours that don't write their home country, but have more games than you.

5 years ago

555 hours on Gary Grisby's war, WTF? Probably opened the game and paused it, while he went on holiday.

5 years ago

Oh my god.... I'm 130th in Canada! I never expected this.

5 years ago

Better to have 30k of trash than to have like 3 good games held hostage.

5 years ago

I'd rather not have the trash.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

It would be Sisyphean torture to play a majority of these.

5 years ago

Eh. That seems like an understatement. After all, Sisyphus's torture is described as being both mindnumbingly repetitive and physically active- as such, presumably it'd be a far less terrible fate than something that's actively painful, monotonous without being numbing, and unengaging even in the most basic of mental or physical senses. Like, y'know, the stuff on Steam.

Well, leave it to humanity to try and surpass the gods, right?
..now if only we could direct that dedication toward more beneficial endeavors..

5 years ago*

Yea not surprised. I have nearly 32K items on Steam set to ignore / not interested, never really checked how many of those were games and how many were videos/apps though.

But like others have said, the majority of it is junk (at least 2/3).

5 years ago*

30k games on steam, 500 worth playing.

5 years ago

better yet. 30k games and still nothing good to play. lol
its like the cable tv of video games.
yes im jaded and pessimistic.

5 years ago

and now almost no AAA publishers, rip best days

5 years ago

Well, that's not much of a loss either nowadays.

5 years ago

3% hidden on Sg for me. In 10 years there will be 1 million games.

5 years ago

Well, more like around 1500–3000 games and 27000+ digital waste.

5 years ago

Yeah, this.

If we could hide everything <5$, then 90% of trash would evaporate from sight. No one would buy it with bigger price, so devs would not rise price to make it visible for those that don't want it.

5 years ago

Actually, if Steam limits the amount of key generation while it is "learning about this game" and applies dedicated oversight to content submissions under $5, then they'd probably be able to cleanly cut off trashware on Steam, all while encouraging purchases through the Steam store and improving their brand quality and appeal. So there's definite merit to at least partial application of your idea.

..of course, that sort of thing would directly go against Valve's established policy of allowing any kind of content onto Steam, nevermind their longer-established policy of refusing to put in any kind of effort unless absolutely necessary.

Honestly, [given how firmly such content has already been established on Steam] a better immediate fix might just be for them to smooth out and enhance their filter system, for users to start dedicatedly applying the "Trashware" user tag, and for filters to filter out that tag by default. Of course, then we're back to the issues of the second policy above..

5 years ago

Or better solution: just get rid of fucking trading cards. Most of the shitty games are bought to idle them.
Or maybe make cheap games not have them. Although I'd prefer full revamp of level system.

5 years ago

But that goes against Valve's core policy of "Easy profits with minimal efforts". Nevermind that they're a key point of distinction for the platform for many gamers, as well, so removing them may have a lot of negative consequences for Steam [outside of the obvious issues of upsetting users who have been building up their collections]. It's both too late to consider that option, and too out of expectations for Valve to expect it from them regardless.

That said, "Pay us $500 if you want us to review your game to see if it qualifies to have trading cards" seems like a win/win for Valve, so I'm not sure why they don't just take that approach. All I can figure is, the profits off trashware cards must be quite high, or Valve must really, really dislike effort. Actually, when I phrase it like that, the latter option ends up seeming like the obvious answer..

5 years ago

Trading cards just don't really make sense. You get them for simply idling, and there's no point in trading cause you can just sell and buy which is much quicker. Hell, you can even craft badges without owning the game.
I don't think anyone would miss trading cards if, let's say, they would remove them but leave badges and make badges earned for ingame achievements. Though at current state achievements can be easily hacked by using SAM...
And we all know they won't let profit from cards just go, which is basically pay to win at current state. So I offer another solution then. Make it fully pay to win! You pay set amount of money to Valve and get the badge without all the bullshit, or even direct profile level raise. Bam, problem solved, and Valve gets even more profit since they don't need to share it with game publishers.

5 years ago

If you sort by release date (i.e. not counting the yet-unreleased games) it's closer to 28k.
Taking upcoming games into account, yeah it's over 30k.

5 years ago

I think it's a good moment to split Steam into actual store that sells actual games, and the backstore where every new release has to sit until it reaches 100 legit reviews with the average score of 60%. I think it would work better than greenlight, where devs had to gather votes before even releasing the product, and definitely better than the current model, where crap games litter the store and valve invents useless measures like "not show the review score before there are 10 reviews", "not drop cards before enough people purchase the game", "not show the game in library before something" - I'm sure they serve some purposes but they don't prevent the store from being flooded with crap games. Just throw all the new games in the "purgatory" and let the early adopters decide which ones deserve to get on the actual store.

5 years ago

Buying 100 fake positive reviews with decent play time costs what, 500 generated keys over at the Original Curators? So, essentially, nothing. And with SAM, you can even add the achievements for authenticity.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

That is not a bad idea.
After all it would just be a setting.
Show games with "steam is learning about" opt. in and out option for example.
The prequesition is practically allready there.

I would like that it would allow people to apply a basic ignore filter or to let people like me still get shown everything and decide for themself.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

only 30k Game >.> its too little ...

5 years ago

Good. Now for the next milestone how about quality control?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

Looking at Steamgifts stats, the 30k was almost reached solely through 2017/2018. What's the difference between the SG stats which state that there are around 40k games and the PC Gamer stats that claim only 30k?

5 years ago

Apps? DLC?

5 years ago

Ah, fair enough. Didn't think it'd count DLCs as games. Makes sense overall though, considering the system.

5 years ago

Mostly, it should just be down to SG still including outdated versions and removed games.
It may also be related to a distinction of terminology, as far as if each search includes or excludes movies, VR, and software.

If you include DLCs and packages, the number would likely actually rise to the hundred-thousands range [as implied by the progression of released content APP ids, and also off the simple expectation that you'd be multipying the content total, with high-DLC games presumably more than making up for no-DLC games, especially given the usual trend of content to have at least a single (soundtrack) DLC].

5 years ago*

30033 games here.

5 years ago

27861 games US is trash. Including dlc it would be 45967 though so.

5 years ago

30K "games". How many of those are no longer for sale? And how many of those are carbon copies of the same trivia quiz/nonogram puzzle/sliding tile puzzle engine? Or otherwise repeated asset flips?

5 years ago

Games that aren't up for sale shouldn't be showing up in search anymore, which is where the current number is coming from.
So in that single aspect, they should actually be in the clear. Of course, if you start questioning how many of the games actually load up properly, then that may be a different matter. :P

As far as your other questions, it'd be much quicker to just ask which content on Steam isn't trashware.. :X

5 years ago

sad

5 years ago

it looks great, until you check your exploration queue stats and discover you've ignored the vast majority of games steam offers

5 years ago

It's going to take a long time to idle all 30,000 games. I better get started!

5 years ago

Well, you'd sure have a hard time finding a game in your library actually worth playing, by that point, so idling seems the reasonable approach. :P

Given how long it took me to go through Queue over the years, the thought of having to filter out that much trashware in my library all at once.. I think I'd honestly just close down Steam and try and forget about it, barring circumstances where someone wanted to play a specific multiplayer game. :P

Bright side, I'd be totally set for future GOG connects, and- whatever other problems they may have- they'd at least filter out the significant bulk of the trashware for me. ^.^

5 years ago

Poland:
There are now 1202 pages (x25 per page) + 3 games = 30050 + 3 = 30053.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.