Saw it on reddit. No source for you. But you can read on pc gamer too.

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

O.o

How is Steam direct better than greenlight again?
Really glad I stopped collecting when I did.

5 years ago

Nobody forces you, or anyone, to play shitty games, so I don't how their existance is an issue. Steam only needs to improve search to hide shit better (honestly, so far it already does the job quite well for me).

5 years ago

Steam only needs to improve search to hide shit better

Define shit. Everyone says that all that it needs is a better search function, but when you are trying to quantity an arbitrary value such as "shitty-ness", things go to hell real quick. Most folks don't even know what they like/dislike so I doubt any algorithm can do that for me. Furthermore, any search function will be at the mercy of tags attached to the game, and we all know how well that works out for them. A best, the current system drowns out the shit by promoting the games that already sell since everyone already knows about/play it. This just means that unless a game is a break out hit or has a following of some kind, they will be lucky to hit 1k sales.

I'm not saying anyone is forcing me to buy it, but no one was forcing them to become bloated with crap either. As someone who bought more than his fair share, I'm part to blame for this, but even I can see that Valve has gone too far. It does not do anyone any good if there is 10 pieces of crap for every decent one. Having a lack of quality control is just laziness to the nth degree.

5 years ago

They are bloated with crap only because of trading cards. Remove or rework trading cards, and there will be much less shitty games nobody plays.

5 years ago

It's better because ithe submission fees earn Valve more money for doing less. (Remember, even if they will pay that back eventually once you prove to be successful, they are still sitting on your cash for a period of time, and they can generate and collect interest on it during that time)

5 years ago

SWITZERLAND: 30050 now

5 years ago

added ;)

5 years ago

Check again: one month later it is almost 31000 (30858 in Norway). Let's come back here around Christmas / Hanukkah / a generic week at the end of December.

5 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.