I need to find a way to enjoy Fallout and Elder Scrolls, but I just can't. They are praised so much but it's like I get a headache or something when I play them, like as if they are moving too slow or there is too much micromanagement in combat. I enjoy in-depth leveling systems and combat systems in games, but I can't stand Fallout or ES for some reason, as my attention span goes away so much quicker. I wish I knew why so I could get a mod to maybe help.

Anyway, question for you all is: Are there any games you don't like (but everyone else seems to love them) but you have no explanation why?
(I know, very specific topic, but it just came to my mind)

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Halo

9 years ago

a quick answer is people get older likes dif things some things u had liked now not so much still borderlands 2 i played with with my brother and was fun solo not so much now we are thinking playing dead island coop i reached far ingame solo but got bored killign solo was harder i hope will not be so hard now :P skyrim is nice everything about it is nice too bad they didnt make a quest generator not just repeating quests and for fallout 3 well the story is nice but the combat is strange dif from other fps so i played it so i learn it and see how far i would go and i finished the game with everything in it the moral choises are nice(IS GOOD TO BE BAD :) )

9 years ago

Wat...

9 years ago

I held my breath the whole time I read this...

9 years ago

hahaha same here xD

9 years ago

Couldn't make it til the end..

9 years ago

For the love of all that is holy, LEARN TO USE PUNCTUATION.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 month ago.

9 years ago

Mmm, off the top of my head all I can think of is the Halo series.

9 years ago

FIFA

9 years ago

Wait...there are people that actually like Fifa?

9 years ago

They are good and fun, just recycled alot

9 years ago

Borderlands

9 years ago

BL1 for me I wasn't able to even start. With 2 I got so many hours into it, but once I got to ultimate vault hunter mode, it sucked because it was a spam fest of the highest powered legendary and any other weapon did no damage.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

9 years ago

Same for me (both 1 and 2). I can't get into the artstyle, gameplay, characters, humor, or story. I really wanted to though because the game sounds like something I would enjoy on paper.

9 years ago

The whole series for me. I even bought and completed borderlands 1 on ps3 cuz I heard it was fun, it wasnt

9 years ago

it is, just that the humor is not appealing to all

9 years ago

same

Played the first one on the 360 and I won the second one here, put 17 hours in it, but It was so boring and repetitive, I feel bad for winning it :I

I thought it was great watching gameplays and videos, but I was wrong.

9 years ago

Same here, played some hours but it wasn't any fun, so I stopped

9 years ago

I understand, the game is good, but somewhat repetitive, I wish i liked it more tho

9 years ago

Borderlands 1 is fun, but you do really need the expansions, zombie island and the secret armory. at least those 2.

Its extremely fun if you play co-op between 3-4 people, since the games is full of glitches and lag, its plain funny. One of my friends made the most hilarious comment when playing borderlands. but it wont be funny if i write it down.

i played it over 100 hours on steam + about the same time with a pirated copy (Borderlands was my first legit game in Steam). The downside is that is WAY too repetitive due to the lack of different enemies (thats why you need the expansions)

BL is funnier due to handsome jack, the problem is that the classes are not that appealing.

9 years ago

I'm with you on elder scrolls. In fact I feel the same way about most of the rpg games ive tried playing

9 years ago

Yeah, I get like 2-5 hours in then just stop.

9 years ago

I feel pretty much the same.

9 years ago

The Elder Scroll series are easy to like, you just have to download the right nude mod.

9 years ago

LoL

9 years ago

LoL, Dota 2

9 years ago

+1 and other MoBAs

9 years ago

+10

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

Yes this

9 years ago

CoD, LoL, Fifa/NHL.

9 years ago

CoD, any moba, mmo's with a subscription, any game that requires always online, and anything pre release.

This topic is very popular here, seen it 4 times. Now I shall go play SKYRIM!

Edit: oh and Team Fortess 1 or 2.

9 years ago

I was under the impression people played TF2 to collect hats. It's weird to me but I figure people have to collect something. For some folks it's digital game hats.

9 years ago

(loving elder scrolls and fallout :D )
The strange thing is Borderlands for me. Maybe I should have tried the 1st in coop. I played it alone, and like hated it. On the other hand Borderlands 2 is one of my favourites.
Even though I have a couple shooters (mostly from bundles) I don't understand how somebody can consider himself a mainly FPS-gamer ( thinking about PVP - shooters. I know there is such thing. But after quite a short time it becomes enfuriating when enemy repeatedly shoots you, camps, or just overall, there is no real 'step into the game' feeling, you're just entering a random game and somehow most players shoot you with closed eyes from the other part of the map. -> quite high learning curve, with like no good atmosphere for learning.

9 years ago

Call of Duty and most RPG's.

9 years ago

LoL
Dota 2
WoW
The Witcher
The Last of Us
All Zelda Games
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2

9 years ago

I 100% SMG1. I never even got past the fourth area in SMG2.

9 years ago

Yeah, i played the witcher and i just hated it, later i got the witcher 2, and its actually preety good

9 years ago

the combat in witcher 1 was "SOOOO GOOOOD" (sarcasm)

9 years ago

Dota 2

9 years ago

Fifa because PES kicks its ass.
Bioshock wtf its really shit game.
Call of duty is like those shitty hollywood movies.
Borderlands i just cant find it interesting in any way possible.

9 years ago

I LOVE Bioshock! What's wrong with it?

9 years ago

me too kinda :) I enjoyed the Bioshock 1 story, but the gameplay of those games i dislike for some reason, its slow and repetitive for me and the story drags on til it gets to good parts, like restoring power to continue onwards to your actual goal, they are good but i find the gameplay annoying making it a chore for me to play, but i played first 2 and will play Infinite sometime defo :D also i find myself looting every room which is an annoyiing habit i do xD

9 years ago

+1 for Bioshock series.

9 years ago

Cod,lol,dota

9 years ago

all Moba games, all sport games, Rust, DayZ, Mass Effect series and Witcher

9 years ago

Sooo what do you like?

9 years ago

all games are the child of unicorn and should be loved the same

9 years ago

Left4Dead 2 >_<
I love L4D1, but playing L4D2 just annoys me. I have no explanation for it, it's just that way for some reason that I fail to realize.

And Torchlight II.
I usually ALWAYS enjoy that kind of games; the questing, the graphic, the leveling... all was just fine, but for some reason, I was bored outta my mind with it.

9 years ago

I got very bored of L4D2 after about 15 hours with friends. I basically refuse to play it now because after 2 savehouses I get a headache (just like TES and Fallout)

9 years ago

You prob need to increase FOV. ( Field Of View )

9 years ago

i agree with Torchlight II i cant stand it, for me, its probably the art style, i like Diablo I - III , Path of Excile and Titan Quest but no Torchlight for me

9 years ago

l4d=l4d2 almost nothing changed, what you saying....

fanboys version 1 x.x

9 years ago

And that would be why I'm saying this in a thread called "Games everyone likes but you don't know why you don't like them" ;)

9 years ago

Like SimbaTao said, ALL moba games.

9 years ago

Bad Rats

9 years ago

everyone likes bad rats

9 years ago

everyone likes bad rats

9 years ago

Elder Scrolls, all sports games, Gears of War and any Sonic 2D game.

9 years ago

Strategy Games. They sound like fun, but I just simply can't get into them.

9 years ago

Same here. Strategy games get boring for me after like 50 minutes.

9 years ago

Depends on the AI for me honestly, a lot of them suffer from bad AI. AI that "cheats" is not a good AI, it is just lazy and not really that fun to fight.

9 years ago

Fighting games, MOBAs, most PvP games, "crafting/sandbox" games, MMOs, sports games.

Likely more but that's what popped into my head for now.

9 years ago

Terraria.

I have tried to play it and I just can't find the appeal in it. It's not bad in any way, I just... I dunno, lack the creativity to play around with it?

9 years ago

We should get together on a server sometime. If you're having a hard time figuring out the appeal, I can help you find stuff to do in the game.

9 years ago

Thanks for the offer, chcoman123, but I have a friend who has played 200 hours, so I could ask him if he'll help me around. But I think you're both (you and Retro123) right, that I just don't know my way around the game, so I am missing out on the fun.

9 years ago

Yeah. At first, when I played Minecraft and Terraria for my first time, I had no idea what to do and thought it was awful. The moment I figured out what to do though, I got addicted. Maybe once you're shown the ropes by your friend, then we could play on a server sometime? That would be awesome.

9 years ago

I had this problem once, but usually someone helping you how to play the game makes it a lot more fun. I didn't like it at first because it was too hard to pick up what to do. I didn't even know there were NPC's or bosses in it until my friend helped me.

9 years ago

For me its Team fortress 2, Dota, LOL, WOW, Borderlands, anything online mainly.

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by Za21.