To make it short, Tomb Raider is $4.99 on Amazon and I want to buy it but I want to spend the money I have in my Steam Wallet. I currently have $3.53 in my Steam Wallet but will be getting more as the sale goes on by selling the cards from voting (and anything under $4.99 I will be filling in with my Paypal when I make the deal).

Where would the proper place be to find someone reputable enough to do this swap with (the swap of me buying them any $4.99 game on Steam for a $4.99 Tomb Raider key from Amazon)?

And any clue how long the deal will last on Amazon?

Thanks for any help/info.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

1 decade ago

Yup, this is the place to go.

I'd actually be willing to do something like this, since I have $5 Amazon credit and would rather have Steam Wallet. But I'm not sure we're allowed to negotiate stuff like that on Steamgifts.

1 decade ago

Something like this is usually the best way to go. Just have to make sure you're dealing with someone reputable. Sometimes, I'd rather have a Steam balance and sometimes I'd rather have an Amazon balance. The hard part is trying to flex them back and forth without excessive fees or risks.

1 decade ago

Made a thread on Steamtrades if you are still interested (or at least tried to, it doesn't look like it's appeared yet).

EDIT: It's there now.

1 decade ago

Thanks, I'll probably get going on that after I grab some lunch.

1 decade ago

You can't winthdraw your Steam money. At best you can buy a $5 game on Steam, sell it for $5 and buy Tomb Raider, but there's a chance for you to get scammed since paypal doesn't have a proper scam policy.
The sale is until 26th.

1 decade ago

Based on the end date I might as well get going on something like this, I could get 1 more card which will at best sell for about $0.20....nothing major to warrant waiting on.

1 decade ago

amazon doesn't take paypal

1 decade ago

You'd need 5 x 1,15 = 5,75$.Then somebody offers some item for the price of 5$,the fees raise it to 5,75$.But good luck finding someone who'd simply do that,you need to give them a bit more money(EDIT:Except for invinciblejello
).Ideally that person would be someone who has a lot of reputation.

1 decade ago

Haha, never thought I'd ruin the market!

1 decade ago

They add extra fee's to it? That's kinda lame but w/e.

1 decade ago

Yeah, Steam adds transaction fees to skim off the top of every sale. It's a little annoying.

1 decade ago

buy 2 tf2 keys with wallet

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Nagisan.