What should I buy in the steam sale with the money I have right now? I cant decide between a game that would cost me 10 dollars versus getting multiple games (such as 2 games in which each would be 5 dollars).

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

It really depends on you, just make sure the price is (preferably) at 75% off.

7 years ago

Thanks, ill be sure to keep that in mind when deciding :)

7 years ago

Huniepop!

7 years ago

69% off

7 years ago

Well played Huniepop, Well played.... ;3

7 years ago

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

7 years ago

My advice: buy what u want to play. :3

7 years ago

But I want to play everything T_T

7 years ago

Then start in alphabetical order. :)

7 years ago

I cant even think of a game off the top of my head that starts with an A or a #

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

I had heard that was a good game. Is it just an HD remake of Half Life 1 or does it have more?

7 years ago

It's a remake that has one of the story mods integrated.

7 years ago

Oh I see, so it has the full story of Half Life 1 and an additional story?

7 years ago

Depends on what you define as full story. If the original game, then yes. If with all the expansion disk (Opposing Force and Blue Shift), then no.

7 years ago

Yikes idk if I would get it then. I actually haven't even started Half Life 2 even though its been downloaded onto this laptop since I have had steam. Ill think about it and maybe get it on the next big sale. Thanks for the info though!

7 years ago

You don't really need HL1 to play HL2. If something sounds cryptic and unexplained in HL2, it is because it was intended that way to be more X-Files-like. (I have my opinion on how well it fared, but it seems even to this day the majority likes to tell themselves that Half-Life 2 was a good game. It is cute and funny in its own sad way.)

7 years ago

Good thing, ill probably start playing Half Life 2 after this gigantic sale ends

7 years ago

The vanishing of ethan carter is super cheap and looks awesome. (Im going to buy it for myself later this sale :) )

7 years ago

I just checked it out, it looks absolutely beautiful O.O But I have a laptop and so I doubt I will be able to run it.

7 years ago

TVoEC is stunning, but If you don't have a Windows 64-bit system, forget it... Unless you like crashing every few minutes ^_^;

7 years ago

I think my laptop is 64 bit O.o

7 years ago

my laptop which is several years old ran it just fine....I forget what graphical setting I ran it on, but whatever it was still looked gorgeous..

7 years ago

You could get Terraria and Dark Souls together for that. Hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay in well-designed systems!

7 years ago

I actually already have Terraria and Dark Souls 1 (although they're not on steam)

7 years ago

Could also spend it on a season pass DLC for a game you already have.

7 years ago

That's actually a good idea, although I don't think I have any game that has a season pass except Borderlands 2. I don't really need that season pass.

7 years ago

Based on your most played games, I would say perhaps Kingdoms of Amalur or maybe the first two Witcher games, which are 85% off and maybe Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Addition. you could get all three of those or the Kingdoms Collection.

7 years ago

I cant run the Witcher 2 but I actually do have Dark Souls 1 and the Witcher 1 (however its not on steam). Ive never heard of this Kingdoms game though, can you compare it to something?

7 years ago

It was an MMORPG project turned into an RPG game, it's incredibly big (maybe bigger than Skyrim I don't know) and has incredibly good DLC's which are practically MMORPG expansions. Combat feels incredibly dynamic and fluent, not like Skyrim or Dark souls, it's kinda cartoonish but the dynamism with animations are wonderful. I probably should buy it too :)

7 years ago

Would you definitely recommend getting the game with all the DLC? It definitely looks like an amazing single player MMO!

7 years ago

I do. Armor&Weapon DLC is bad, the others are wonderful. It's like Skyrim, you'll regret it if you don't buy the complete pack and you'll have to buy DLC's for twice the price at a later date. I'll grab it for myself too ^^

7 years ago

Nice thanks for the super helpful info! I am definitely getting it!

7 years ago

Although I do have one more question... Do you know if it works well with windows 10?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I would most definitely do that, although Kindgoms with the DLC included are already 10 dollars. I was planning on buying Darkest Dungeon with the 15 dollars I had left. What do you think is a better option?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago*

I did notice that one of the DLCs says its just armor and weapons. I am definitely leaning toward Kingdoms of Amalur though, I feel like I could definitely enjoy that. I actually bought Darkest Dungeon yesterday and played it for about 80 minutes before returning it so I could have the money just in case I needed it. I didn't really find Darkest Dungeon to be too fun after comparing it to Fable and Kingdoms of Amalur.

7 years ago

Here is an interesting article on it, comparing it to your most played game.

7 years ago

It just brings me to the Forbes (magazine I am assuming?) homepage. Should I search up the name of the game?

7 years ago

It might be filtering you by IP. Just type kingdoms of amalur vs skyrim into Google. Probably plenty of info there. The Forbes article probably does the best overall comparison of them. I'm not saying they are so alike the comparison has to be made, but people seem to always ask about it when Kingdoms is mentioned.

7 years ago

I actually just checked out that Kingdoms game and it looks REALLY amazing! Its kind of like Fable right? I also want to get Fable really badly although I know for a fact Fable doesn't have that well of a character creation system which is the reason I haven't gotten it yet.

7 years ago

Yeah, it was actually on Origin only, for a while. A former baseball player named Curt Schilling blew his entire careers earnings, to make that game and they were working on another. They overspent big time and the company went bankrupt. After that a Lawyer was in control of it, for the state of Rhode Island and Amazon convinced them to release it on Steam. Amazon was going to do a big sale on it, but Steam had them sign an exclusive deal for a while, so it launched only on Steam, in Steam form. After a while it made its way around and started to get Steam keys elsewhere.

It is considered to be a really good game, that they did manage to finish. I think they would have made a lot more money had they not gone to Origin. Huge mistake.

7 years ago

Dang, that's actually really interesting. I am super glad they ended up completing it. I'm actually downloading it right now (although it will probably take all night) and am super excited to play it.

7 years ago

Dust from your wishlist is a very nice game. Crypt of the necrodancer seems also like a very popular choice this sale but it's not my cup of tea so can't give you an opinion on it. If you like jrpgs tales of Symphonia is also in your price range atm.
From stuff outside your wishlist I'm gonna suggest Recettear. Absolutely addicting! Capitalism, ho~

7 years ago

Honestly, you cant trust half the games I put up on my Wishlist lol. I have Symphonia on my Gamecube and my PS3, idk why I added that. But Dust could be a possibility, if I have any money left that might be what ill buy.

7 years ago

Might be worth going for slightly older games, those that have a base price of $10-15, and have a good discount. There are still plenty of good ones out there. And if you have limited funds, go for longer games.

I know the graphics is bad in Avernum: Escape from the Pit, but you have a good 45h of gametime right there, with good writing, an interesting story & setting and fun gameplay.
Euorpa Universalis Rome, while not the strongest entry in the series, is still a good game with plenty of replay value.
Age of Empires: Legacy bundle gives you 2 games + 4 DLC/expansions. Months of gametime right there (of the quality variety)

7 years ago

The first game you mentioned looks pretty interesting, although I'm not a fan of RTS and I think Age of Empires is one of those games. I am assuming Avernum is kind of like the first and second Fallout games?

7 years ago

Avernum is somewhat similar to Fallout, but it's party based.

7 years ago

Ah I see. I'm not too big a fan of that kind of gameplay because I cant really focus on a whole party easily. But thanks for the info!

7 years ago

Avernum is a very easy-to-pick up game, you won't regret it. It's not as complex as the early Fallout games, and that is a selling factor. It is an old style RPG without the diabolic difficulty of 80s-90s RPGs.

You should be getting games for less than $10, because you might want to buy something later in the sale. I know splurging now is very tempting. Here are a few games I recommend: Dungeons of Dredmor Complete, Shadow Blade: Reload, and Bully: Scholarship Edition, which is a GTA-style game in a school setting.

7 years ago

I actually played Bully on the PS2 and loved that game! Can you compare the other games you listed to anything else?

7 years ago

Dungeons of Dredmor is diving into dungeons (as the name says), gaining experience & loot, a classic RPG grind with many achievements -- it is similar to rogue-likes like "Darkest Dungeon" and "The Binding of Isaac".
Shadow Blade: Reload is a side-scrolling platformer in which you slice your way through the level, and avoid the many pitfalls, traps, and other hazards in your way. Bluntly, you have to kill the enemies in the game, of course....no stealth or hiding in shadows. The game has high replay value, according to the reviews I've read. Imagine "Mark of the Ninja" without the stealth aspect -- and this game is it.

7 years ago

That's pretty interesting, although I think I have actually figured out what I would like to buy. Thanks for the helpful info though!

7 years ago

Mountain

7 years ago

I would rather not waste my time on a watching simulator >.> At least, that's what my brother said the game is.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

7 years ago

I would really love to play Shadow Complex ever since it came out on Steam, but another person recommended Kingdoms of Amalur and I'm kind of leaning toward it. Have you heard of this game?

7 years ago

If you like platformers, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood is a hidden gem.
If you like action-adventures, ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West is also a hidden gem.
If you like deeply environmental puzzle adventures with a driving story (and some basic platforming), The Swapper
If you want something that costs a bit more and like Telltale, Tales from the Borderlands is great~!
If you like untimed, somewhat Tetris-like strategy-puzzle games, FaeVerse Alchemy... Oh hey, that's free now, go grab it! ;D

7 years ago

I have actually only heard of that Telltale game out of all the games you listed. Although I am actually leaning much more toward Kingdoms of Amalur. Do you have any experience with this game?

7 years ago

I've heard that it's very good, but I haven't played it myself.

7 years ago

No problem, thanks for the super helpful info though!

7 years ago

Clearly the answer is 21 bad games at $0.49 each

7 years ago

I would rather not waste my money on games ill never play lol.

7 years ago

Okay then my serious suggestion is 7 Days to Die for $9.99, great game.

7 years ago

That's an online game though right? I'm not a huge fan of playing online

7 years ago

hotline miami bundle`?

7 years ago

I have always wondered what makes hotline Miami such a good game. But I would have to buy that later

7 years ago

My favs

fps = csgo
rpg = risen risen2
fps + rpg = borderlands 2
sandbox = terraria, starbound
fps + horror = fear, fear 2
local multiplayer = gang beasts
multiplayer + tanks = shell shock
sandbox + action = payday 2
drifting = drift steets japan
cars on crazy tracks = trackmania
2d adventure = rayman origins or second one
simulators = grass simulator (jk)

Hotline Miami
Speedrunners
Half Life 1/2
Risk of Rain
Sniper elite

7 years ago*

I actually have or at least have played like 90 percent of those games lol. Thanks for the info though!

7 years ago

I'd rather get as many games as possible, because +1.

But well, usually cheaper games have lower production value, even though more expensive games sometimes are lacking as well. So in the end, it depends on your taste, priorities, expectations and overall tolerance.

7 years ago

I have actually been REALLY interested in this game someone mentioned called Kingdoms of Amalur. Have you heard of it?

7 years ago

Yes, it's nice. It's an RPG/ARPG hybrid.

Great gameplay for an RPG, great storytelling for an ARPG.

A few choices, dialogs here and there, nice loot hunting and overall combat.

7 years ago

Nice, do you know if it works well on Windows 10? Also, how is the controller support?

7 years ago

I really can't say much, I've played it long ago when it was released quite a few hours (back then I still pirated games, anyway), and recently after I bought it on Steam for a couple hours. I think I played on Xbox 360 controller last time, but can't remember correctly, as I suck playing this kind of games on controller (third person) .

Since it was released for consoles, I bet it'll support joysticks just fine (specially X-input ones).

Regarding WIndows 10, I haven't tried the game on it yet, can try later when I get home in a few hours, and I'll tell you. I've seen some people complaining about crashes, and other saying it ran fine, so I can't say for sure.

What I know is that it seems to have some trouble on resolutions bigger than 1080p, which is not my case as well, so I can't confirm.

7 years ago*

Ah I see, thanks for the info. I run every game on 720p so that shouldn't be a problem. Let me know when you try it on Windows 10!

7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago by kyro90.