Volta-X will no longer be available for purchase on 8/5/2022, and all multiplayer servers will close on 11/4/2022
90% off
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1282930/VoltaX/
note
One achievement requires multiplayer ( Comrades in Arms : Join a Clan. )

1 year ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Seems like a nice game but looking at comments and reviews it requires always online mode. How will it work if the servers are shut down?

1 year ago

An Important Announcement About Volta-X
Volta-X will no longer be available for purchase on 8/5/2022 and all multiplayer servers will close on 11/4/2022.
On August 5th 2022, Volta-X will no longer be available for purchase from Steam, and all multiplayer servers for Volta-X will close on November 4th 2022. After that time, the online mode will no longer function. You will continue to be able to play single-player after the servers close and will keep all content you have purchased.

Thank you for playing Volta-X, and we appreciate your kind support.

1 year ago

From the Steamcharts is looks like the game really never took off, let alone had an healthy online pop.. which is unfortunately the case for a lot of indie games, especially with online play.

From what I read you can complete the main story in around 3.5 to 4 hours, but there's other stuff in the single player experience you can do. $2 for 4+ hours of entertainment isn't a bad deal. It's unfortunate that the servers are going to go down though in August cause even without players there's AI you can play the online content against.

1 year ago

no it is not always online. as devs told i suppose you can still play singleplayer when servers will go off

1 year ago

Thanks for setting this right. I visited the Steam page before the announcement from the developers popped up.

1 year ago

yes you can choose between online and offline when in game

1 year ago

Does it have enough singleplayer value?

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago*

you can complete the main story in 3-4 hours so yes for 2$ it worth

1 year ago

I haven't been able to find any gameplay videos longer than an hour in length, so it's hard to use them as a reference for the game's longevity (and HLTB doesn't seem to have any postings for it) but, looking at the videos, I get the impresion that the UI has issues, the gameplay seems extremely repetitive, and the puported similarities to FTL seem entirely superficial, lacking any legitimately similar approach in any of its general mechanics, combat elements, or exploration/management elements.

Rather, it seems to be a micromanagey arcade game (think just the part from FTL where you put out fires and manage airlocks or, perhaps more fairly, most any kind of [eg, cooking] worker management game, where you're constantly shuffling workers around to meet customer needs) blended with a simplistic mech game, with the gear customization approach one'd expect from the latter.

Given what seems to be a pretty unchanging combat dynamic of moving characters between the various weapon rooms to repair and activate the weapons in those rooms, I'd say to look at one of the longer gameplay videos [so you can skip past the more rigidly presented tutorial stuff at the start] and see if the combat loop seems up your alley.

From what I can see, there doesn't seem to be any real replayability, as there doesn't seem to be any meaningful possible deviations in the progression path of the gameplay.

Well, this is what I got from watching through every gameplay video I could find on youtube, maybe it'll work for you until you can get input from someone who's actually played the game (which, going off the quantity of Steam reviews and lack of info on HLTB, does unforrtunately appear to be a rather phenomenally small grouping). That said, ngrazer did post some first-hand insights in a recent comment below, so that's likely to be worth a look.

1 year ago*

thank you for letting us know

1 year ago

the game look nice. i will buy it for sure. thanks

1 year ago*

This was given free in IGN prime, which is where we saw a burst of giveaways from many moons ago.
Too bad the dev didn't announce the discount in advance, leading people to purchase elsewhere

1 year ago

I own this. Somehow. Man I really gotta get started on that backlog...

1 year ago

Thanks for the headsup.

1 year ago

Looks like there is a Nintendo Switch version. I wonder if that will continue being sold/supported.

1 year ago

Looks like fun, picked it up, thanks!

1 year ago

Thanks for the heads up! The game looks nice.

1 year ago

Imo it's a pretty lame game, mechanics wise it's more of a mobile game rather than PC/console one.

The game consists of two modes:

1. You have an XCOM-like/Fallout Shelter-like base management but very lite version of it) and minor 'social' aspect to it (placing your characters in corresponding areas like dormitory, workshop, reactor) and
  2. 1v1 tedious kaiju battles where all you have to do is wait for one of your mecha parts to get ready (shield, rocket, laser, axe etc) and then use it on a selected hostile kaiju part (leg/hand/head/torso/etc).

That's all. The progression is tied to 'leagues', higher league means harder bosses and new mecha parts, entering the next league requires you to grind 'points' by replaying the same battles over and over and over and over.

All-time peak is 16 people, and devs only added more fuel to the fire by implementing PvP seasons instead of focusing on reworking the core gameplay.

1 year ago

it's sad that dies soo fast, only 2 years :( hopefully the devs didnt bankrupt and will continue developing games.

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.