https://store.steampowered.com/app/1048540/Kao_the_Kangaroo_Round_2/

At the very moment, the whole world is watching Australia suffer due to the unprecedented, disastrous bushfire activity.

We want to unite with Australia in this especially difficult hour as it is really hard to stay idly and watch this catastrophe. We feel obliged to help, as Australia with its wildlife is the motherland of Kao the Kangaroo.

From January 9th until January 19th, 2020 all the profit (100%) from sales of Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2 on Steam will be donated to the WIRES (NSW Wildlife Information, Rescue and Education Service Inc.)
The sales report and the wire transfer confirmation will be openly available afterward.

i got the game for free before, soo now
s8Nmt

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The Great Down Under

View Results
¡ʇnɐǝq lɐǝɹ ɐ s,ǝɥs '⅄ƎʞIɹƆ
oʇɐʇod
ǝᴉqɹɐq ǝɥʇ uo dɯᴉɹɥs
¡O⅄ ǝɹᴉɟ uo sʇᴉɥS

I hope they put those arsonists in jail for a long time. They have only made a bad situation worse.

4 years ago

that was fake news storys drummed up by infowars and other sites.

4 years ago

Really? Cos it was actually arsonists who set the Nelson fire ablaze where I live.
I agree that arsonists may not have caused all the fires that are going on now, but I bet there is some truth in the reports.

4 years ago

There was one arrested very early on in the bushfire season iirc, but the vast majority of the fires had nothing to do with arson.

4 years ago

All the fake news sites are saying Climate Change and debunked arsonists, though.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

There ARE arsonists at "play" in this, but nowhere near as many as most people would have you believe...last I saw there was something like 24 arrests for arson, far less than the 90% figure a lot of idiots are pushing. There have also been careless idiots discarding lit cigarettes incorrectly, and at least one dude who inadvertently started a fire when a wheel came off his trailer and sparks from the axle started a fire (but he called 000 the moment he realised what had happened), and a bunch of people cautioned for ignoring total fire bans, but most of the fires are caused/spread by insane weather conditions

4 years ago

Most of them are kids - teens. As you know it's a slap on the wrist for them, but if I did it as a kid, I'd be wanting gaol instead of punishment from my dad.
Since people have died, there's an automatic 10yr sentence for pyromaniacs. But we know that won't happen.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Bought it. I really appreciate when devs do things like that.

4 years ago

Eh, Prawns are waaaaaaay more common down under...

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

But the article says "prawns" are just what the Australians call shrimp? I thought they were supposed to be different?

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

That's what I thought, the article is kind of confusing.

4 years ago

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

The devs of Universim pledged 100% revenue in the next 2 months to the cause, too.
(This includes the upcoming sale too, if it will get discounted)

4 years ago

got a link?

4 years ago

Its actually 30% from steam and 100% from their site:
"we will be donating 100% of net revenue from our online Crytivo Store and 30% from all our Steam sales."
Mission Koala

4 years ago

All I can say is thanks for the support.
It's a rare thing to see Devs / companies helpig those in need.

4 years ago

By the way, if you are from Turkey i created a giveaway here. (I had to region lock because of steam rules)

4 years ago

Yeah been given free before so who is left to buy it?

4 years ago

That's what I was thinking as well, it was given for free so besides the people that missed it, most already own it

4 years ago

More than that, unless Valve has had a change of heart since previous "100% to charity" offerings, Valve still insists on their 30% cut even with charity-oriented freebies. (As was clarified by previous publishers related to such offerings.) So anyone intending to buy it for charity, after taking into account that it was free before, is looking at a net loss compared to just donating directly via other options [eg, by buying a Humble Bundle, selecting a related charity, and setting 100% of the purchase to go to the charity; Which would both yield more valuable games and do more for charity].

4 years ago

100% of profits, not sale price. Very few charities have ever used 100% of the money for the cause either since there are always some operational costs.

Also please show me a single charity that accepts Steam wallet.

4 years ago*

i missed it where it was free but just bought it now <3

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

https://store.steampowered.com/app/625730/Cefore/

doing the same, from jan6-feb6

4 years ago

i may grab a copy

4 years ago

Thanks for that information, just bought it. ❤️🙏🌏🦘🐨

4 years ago

how much in their pocket first for "salary" ? at what point do they consider it to be would-be "profit" ? this could easily be opportunists jumping on a free advertising and rush from the news with false charity

4 years ago

I bought it twice.
I hope they catch the arsonists. So many fires aren't going up on themselves.

4 years ago

2 mins until giveaway ends, last chance

4 years ago

Kao is the true hero, we need but don't deserve.

4 years ago

This is nothing compared what happen at Younger Dryas *(12.8ka ) period Earth lost 10% of all biomass due fire
Source
https://cosmictusk.com/wp-content/uploads/Wolbach-2018-Fire-Part-2-MS.pdf

4 years ago

Thanks for making me aware. Got it for free previously, so just going to gift a copy to a friend. =)

Also: https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/comeoutyeblackandtans-wolfetones-australia-charts-21271427

hahaha! As hilarious as that is...

Started as a protest vs the Irish government with 100% of the proceeds going to a homelessness charity here in Ireland. Download sales skyrocketed in Aussieland too, so all proceeds there are going towards the fire relief charities.

4 years ago*

Newfound Courage (an LGBTQ+ adventure) is doing the same. 100% of January's proceeds going to Australian bush fire recovery. Article

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago*

long story short, MONEY!!!

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago