http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2385

sorry if this is against any rules, but that's a deal too good to pass up (although I'll pass since I already own them all).

EDIT: Apparently in US it's not a deal.
Update: and it's been changed, hope you got in while you could.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

seems legit :/ The deal seems to be too awesome to be true

1 decade ago

It was certainly too good to last ;__;

Thanks for the heads up, MrTeachwell :D

1 decade ago

Now there is

Assassin's Creed Complete for cheap prize

1 decade ago

That's a great deal, but no Steam..................

1 decade ago

Really, who cares? Got it immediately.

1 decade ago

I like having a games collection on Steam. Don't like having to start up different apps and manage different download platforms etc. I prefer to stay on Steam, so I'll pay more for that.

1 decade ago

If you got it on Steam, it would still start up UPlay when you launched it.

1 decade ago

I'm well aware of that.

1 decade ago

Yes but you wouldn't have to install another stupid app (Impulse one this time) just to play one game.

1 decade ago

Pretty sure you just have to do it once, then you can register it with UPlay and uninstall Impulse.

1 decade ago

lol, ubisoft is a different kind of story, buy it on steam or anywhere else, it will need to run UPLAY.

Just add it as a non-steam game duh.

1 decade ago

I don't like playing non-steam games. I like to have my hours counted on Steam, I like to have the game in my library. I prefer having even the smallest amount of integration with Steam.

If it's too expensive, I wait for a price drop. I'm never in a hurry to get a game, I just want it on Steam :)

1 decade ago

Well I understand that, people like to show off their steam profiles by enlarging their game count on steam.

But hey that's your POV, I just don't get what "small integration" are you specifically looking to be that loyal on steam. Only adv. I can see in steam atm is you can post your videos or guides of that game in game hubs, but seeing your video count is only 3, it doesn't benefit you much.

Counting hours is probably the most stupidest thing I heard on why you want to pay "more" just to get it on steam knowing that the game doesn't even have steam achievements.

1 decade ago

The fanboys will grasp at any straw.

1 decade ago

It's not even being a fanboy. Since I got on PC as a gamer, I see Steam as the gaming platform, just like PS3 or Xbox 360. For me buying a game for PC, that doesn't activate on Steam is no different than pirating it( from my POV ) It's like, yes I own the game, I support the developers by buying it, but I want all my games to be on one same gaming platofrm.

1 decade ago

ok. If were gonna take your reasoning seriously, I guess I own a lot of pirated games

• DRM-Free games
  • Online games that are not on steam even they have strict authentication servers (Diablo 3)
  • Desura
  • Minecraft
1 decade ago

Literally none of those appeal to me. I've got more than enough games on Steam :)

1 decade ago

Exactly, anything that's not related to Steam, I just dismiss. That's my logic, and as I explained, I see Steam as the only true platform on PC, so...

1 decade ago

.. you are dumb. SO paying for a game is now Pirating just because it is not on sream. This is like saying that movies bought in DVDs are pirated and blu-ray copies aren't

If everyone follows your logic, Indie games will die out and we will getting more dumb COD extensions.

1 decade ago

Steam has tons of indie games. I don't understand your argument.

1 decade ago

anyone who says that buying game outside of steam is same as piracy is simply brainwashed... or trolling.

You argue with cultists, or Jehovah witnesses that show up at your doorsteps ?

Just ignore and move on.

1 decade ago

Alright maybe I didn't explain my message correctly. What I was trying to say is I just don't feel comfortable about having all my games in different PC gaming platforms, because then it's all over the place. And when it's all over the place, I don't feel like I own it. It has something to do with my personally and neatness that I am used to.

1 decade ago

I somewhat understand what your logic is, but you are trying to tell me that you will pass a deal like that just because it's not on Steam??? FFS, its Far Cry 1 + 3( 2 shouldn't have existed, in my opinion), 2 of the best shooters out there for 10 $ and you still don't want them?

1 decade ago

What? You just completely killed the point I was trying to make. I never said that drm free games is just like pirating. I told it as a thing that goes for me, not in general for all of you. As I have written all over this forum, I like to have all my shit in one place, and when there's shit all over the wall, I just don't like it.

1 decade ago

If your really organized and neat, you can handle multiple games in multiple platforms. Just because the game is not on steam, you will not buy it.

Your just being lazy.

1 decade ago

When you want to own a game and to support the devs then you should buy directly from them. On Steam you neither own your games nor do you support the devs as much with the (I think 30%) cut for games. Why don't you just get a console when you want to take the freedom away from the PC? It thought a reason to play on PC is to be not forced to use one service and that you can choose where you can get the games.

1 decade ago

By supporting the Devs, I meant that I am not pirating the game. I owned all the consoles of this generation except Wii. When I came to PC and saw so many platforms for games, and Steam being the biggest one, I decided that I will make that my 'official gaming platform' on PC. The one place where I will get my games.

1 decade ago

Small integration, as in basic integration, as in hours counted, screenshots in the hub, possible updates through Steam. Anything that keeps me on Steam instead of downloading and launching another service. I hate having to familiarize myself with another interface. The U-play client is tolerable because they still released it with Steam unlike Origin. EA can blow me before I buy an "Origin only" game.

Ultimately, I'm more than happy to either pay more or wait a long time to play through Steam.

1 decade ago

yep, EA can fuck themselves off. The only downside for you I guess are games that are DRM-Free only. There's a few DRM-Free gems out there. Some games that are not on steam are also self-updating, Minecraft?, Online games?

But I guess you don't like those since your philosophy is strictly no steam no sale.

1 decade ago

You're trying to find holes in my strictly no steam no sale policy but you're not going to get far :P There are so few modern DRM-free games out there that are really worth playing. Minecraft is the only game I can think of that appeals to me (been over 6 months since I touched it). I honestly don't want to manage multiple accounts depending on what game I want to play.

So yeah, I can live without DRM-Free games, there's usually a good reason why they're not on Steam.

1 decade ago

I wasn't trying to. Was just trying to make a proper conversation here. If you feel that I'm attacking you, then good day to you.

1 decade ago

I don't feel you're attacking me, but I do feel you're looking for holes. Otherwise, what's the purpose of this conversation? If you're trying to understand why I strictly use Steam, you'll have to look for these holes. No need to run away :)

1 decade ago

Same here. I'll wait until it's for 10$ on Steam even if I have to wait 2 years. I still have a TON of games to play so I'm in no hurry.

1 decade ago

No tnx. Why?

• I got far cry 2
  • Its probably UBI-DRM (not steam)
  • its still too damn expensive 79$ >> 69$ ONLY 10$ OFF?? (I bought FC2 for 2.50$ derp)
1 decade ago

haha its WAY cheaper here in EU ;). 6,50€

1 decade ago

wow, effin joke. Well I guess its understandable, ubisoft is mostly europe based anyways

1 decade ago

i save over 450 DKK so it certainly worth it but i doubt it's legit

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

1 decade ago

EU works pretty well

1 decade ago

Showing up £4.94 in some regions, that's why it's being posted.

1 decade ago

Well He should have posted what price he sees so I would have avoided posting here, Now I feel disappointed.

1 decade ago

I did in my thread but it was like a minute after this one and everyone responded here. Sorry I let you down :(

1 decade ago

Ubi DRM is also included with Steam versions :P

1 decade ago

"THIS GAME REQUIRES THE GAMESTOP APP"

1 decade ago

The free Darksiders key awhile back. So it could have steam but not say it.

1 decade ago

I once bought Saints Row The Third and had to install the App only to get a Steam-Key from it. Don't Know what it is this time. Maybe someone who bought it will report to us.

1 decade ago

id like to know that, too.

1 decade ago

well there's a key inside that app. doesn't work on steam, and uplay has no way to activate keys. you have to download game first using their client, and during first installation you can add game to uplay account.

dunno yet if you can redownload from uplay directly after that.

1 decade ago

Thanks for the heads up

1 decade ago

Not really that great of a deal. Far Cry 3 will probably be 50$~ on the steam xmas sales. And you can get Far Cry 1 and 2 together for like 10$ during the sale.

1 decade ago

fc3 is 50$ on steam. the deluxe version is 60$. as for fc1 and fc2 complete, i believe i bought mine for 5$ on steam during sale

1 decade ago

Hmm maybe it's coming up different on your end. For me it's from $99 down to $8

1 decade ago

Wha?

69.97 for me.

1 decade ago

It's $8.22 for me.

1 decade ago

Damn it, no Steam...

1 decade ago

for only 8$ who cares?

1 decade ago

Yeah, but I don't like to have my games in a lot of platforms...

1 decade ago

That is plain stupid. You missed out on reducing %100 to $10 because it isn't on Steam.

1 decade ago

OP should say that US prices arent a big discount,but EU its 6,50€ or (i think) 5 GBP

1 decade ago

Makes sense now.

1 decade ago

hmm, 8.68usd for me. Too bad I don't like my games on many platforms.

1 decade ago

Sorry, no idea what prices in US are I'm in Aus and can't check that.

1 decade ago

lol sick deal. all far cry games for like 7euro

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

am i able to register far cry 3 in my uplay account?

1 decade ago

far cry 3 requires uplay to start. dunno if you can re download it directly from uplay

1 decade ago

Yes you can.

1 decade ago

Has anyone purchased this for £4.94? It says the transaction will be charged in US Dollars and I'm wondering if that price is even right considering the whole pack for less than they sell the original far cry.

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

got it for 6,60 €. Buy it NAO!

1 decade ago

As a heads up, I just tried to buy this. It came up with a price of £4.97 but the screen froze when I was entering my Paypal details. When I loaded it up again the price had changed to something like £47.96. I thought it seemed too cheap to be true.

1 decade ago

They probably JUST fixed it then =(

1 decade ago

different for me, Paypal screen froze, i confirmed Paypal payment for £4.94 but when it went back to Gamestop page nothing in cart and charge of £0.00 on page. no payment went through Paypal history.

1 decade ago

People seem to be having problems with paypal, but success with CC. I dunno.

1 decade ago

tried again and price £4.94 on page but £54.98 in cart.

1 decade ago

I just tried adding it to my cart again and its now gone up to £54.98

1 decade ago

Looks like it's fixed then, at least for your region.

1 decade ago

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS :D

1 decade ago

8.6$ here

1 decade ago

Hello Im not from USA but if I buy this pack I can use cd-keys and download?

1 decade ago

I couldn't resist, bodught it! Be quick, they may change the price!

1 decade ago

Is it steam redeemable?

1 decade ago

no

1 decade ago

no steam? bb

1 decade ago

Steam version uses UPlay too. Dumb to pass this up if you want to play the game.

1 decade ago

8$ here

1 decade ago

They changed price :(

1 decade ago

Yep, it does not work anymore.

@The op. Thanks for sharing it :D

1 decade ago

Yup, @MrTeachwell, thanks for this.

1 decade ago

oh shit :(

$105.29

1 decade ago

It's over :-(

1 decade ago

The changed the price, it shows 79 euros now! Bought it just in time! Thanks MrTeachwell for posting it, otherwise I would have missed it! :D

1 decade ago

same here...i placed it into my cart and could buy it for the lower price even though the price has been changed already^^

1 decade ago

Seriously guys, forget Steam for this offer. The Steam version of Far Cry 3 connects to Uplay and has no achievements, so with this one you'll get the same gameplay experience at

ONE TENTH OF THE PRICE

Jeez, get some perspective...

1 decade ago

some people need to wake up. its just silly how deep in love with steam they are, its like watching a cult.

specially with a game like this, that require uplay to start anyway...

1 decade ago

And its FIXED

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by MrTeachwell.