Purchase the OCTOBER 2017 Monthly Bundle!

A curated bundle of games sent to your inbox every month. When you subscribe, you'll immediately receive Rise of the Tomb Raider™ with more to come and enjoy 10% off in the Humble Store!

Subscribe before the FIRST FRIDAY OF OCTOBER (6th October) for $12* to receive the OCTOBER bundle

• Note: Some people may have 10% off coupons for NEW subscribers for the monthly bundle. These coupons will apply to your purchase, and you will pay $10.80 instead of $12.
  • If you are a recurring subscriber, you will be AUTOCHARGED ON SEPTEMBER 29th, 2017

Also, it's too late to buy the September Monthly Bundle. You will therefore NOT receive that bundle by purchasing this one!

Notice: ⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

TO BE DEFINED

Games:

Pay early and get "Rise of the Tomb Raider - Standard Edition"

Game Ratings Cards Bundled Retail Price
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Standard Edition 92% of 19,667 reviews 0 $59.99
Wargame: Red Dragon 87% of 5,844 reviews 0 $29.99
Furi 92% of 1,651 reviews 0 $19.99
Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You 92% of 2,716 reviews 0 $9.99
Seasons after Fall 85% of 670 reviews 0 $14.99
The Shrouded Isle 72% of 201 reviews 0 $9.99
Scanner Sombre 86% of 376 reviews - 0 $9.99

Retail:

• $154.93

CV:

Note: Instead of the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, the bundle contains the Standard Edition which is not sold on Steam any more. This means that you will get only the base game, without DLCs and without the Rise of the Tomb Raider - Season Pass.

No wonder that the Season Pass is not included though, considering it's discounted on the NA Square Enix Store

Chart created with Lex's SG Chart Maker

Humble original: Getting Over It by Bennett Foddy.

Steam keys added!

Game Ratings Cards Bundled Retail Price
Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy 86% of 1,264 reviews - 0 $7.99

Read Rachel's detailed Q+A to these Humble Monthlies! Also, read HB's FAQ!

Are you interested in knowing other ongoing bundles? Feel free to check out the new master thread!

Thanks to luckz for providing the poll answers!

NB: SUBSCRIBE BEFORE 10 AM PDT, FRIDAY, 6th OCTOBER!

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is it that time of the month yet?

View Results
I always wanted Rise of the Tomb Raider and can't resist!
Subscribed for years, next... *yawn*
Pausing this month!
These monthlies are getting worse and worse, remember when we had Hurtworld and XCOM2?
I morally disagree with seal clubbing and bundles like this.

Now that's a tempting monthly, I've liked the Tomb Raider games I've played so far and that does look like a good price. But in the end I'll probably just skip it again after staring at my backlog for a few minutes and starting to feel how the panic and anxiety take over.

6 years ago

Did you play the 2013 reboot? Then f'ing buy it. Otherwise...

6 years ago

Third skip in a row.
I hate QTEs, gave up on the reboot because of those.

And the mention of 'zombie invasion' in the blurb is a definite turn-off for me. Am getting really tired of zeds, can we finally move on to some new fad?

6 years ago*

We already have and you never noticed, you now refer to Zombies as Zeds, that is the new fad despite the actual word having nothing to do with zombies.So can we finally move on with these poor slangs as they turn me off and my toon is all tired of them and always wants to take a zed?I'm tired and it's time for me to take a Zed.

P.S. while I hate QTE's they are not so bad in this game what annoys me more is having to push a button for every silly thing like walk up stairs or over a log, to hold a button to open a door, push a button to pick up/search every random pile of none sense just to see if it's empty or not.The most annoying one though is confirming you want to pick up said object or open said door despite having to hold such a button down for a short duration just to interact with it.

6 years ago*

Ouch, those confirmations does indeed sound pretty annoying. Is there no way of modding around them?

6 years ago

Do you also want the game to play by itself while you're at it?

6 years ago

Why do you ask? And what do you mean by while you're at it? It's a really odd question to ask

Edit: I think I get it. It's because you want/need games to play themselves?

6 years ago*

No, because I don't mind pressing a few keys every once in a while in my games.

6 years ago

Oh ok, then I don't understand why you would ask such a strange question and you're obviously not in the mood to enlight me on this. It's was the only reasonable explanation I could come up with myself because looks like you could actually use some help playing your games.

6 years ago*

No, I need help to stop buying them.

6 years ago

Ok. Well, you're obviously not interested in a conversation so I'll just chalk your comment down to another snarky drive-by on the internet. Although I have to say that I'm quite surprised that you are so offended by my dislike for confirmation dialogues that you had to write a snarky response and I'm genuinely curious about the reasons behind this.

Maybe I have offended you in the past or I'm just generally coming off as an unpleasant person to you? I could easily understand if this was the case as I'm usually not much for pleasantries but as it stands now I'm at a loss.

6 years ago

You're overthinking this a little too much.

6 years ago

What if it's the other way around?

6 years ago

Negative.

6 years ago

The 'strange question' was to insinuate that you and your cellmates would rather not press buttons while playing a game, therefore more like to watch a game, and that makes a title more of a movie or even kinetic novel than a game.

Person A likes pressing buttons all the time, as a reminder that they are playing a video game, even if it's so story rich that it is held together by little more than an endless string of cutscenes (see: Max Payne 3).
Person B is annoyed by having to press and hold and press again just for pointless interactions. Person B might feel one light tap should suffice, but when you need to use an object anyway, a confirmation dialogue that you really want to seems oddly overdone.

tl;dr: different opinions on muh internet.

6 years ago

I feel I can strongly identify with Person B

6 years ago

I was mostly just referring to things I hate worse in game other than QTE events in general, not just ROTR itself.

Though in ROTR despite over all hate for those things Capcom and other Publishers from the same region sure think we love them.You do use them sometimes in fights, opening chest/doors, not falling off a cliff or edge.The one that annoys me the most in games why can't my character just automatically climb over basic stuff without me telling it to do so like a log or small ledge.

Still over all despite the QTE the game improves on the last one and in is more akin to the old Laura and raiding Tombs.

Quick edit forgot to answer your question no there is no way around them since they are built into the game.

6 years ago*

I can probably live with confirmations to do smaller and not so frequent things as walking over logs etc but the way I understand your description of the looting or rather picking things up have a feeling it would become very annoying after a while. I generally dislike interfaces, where you have to hold a button to do something and adding a confirmation dialogue on top of this, sounds borderline crazy to me. These kinds of interface design decisions sadly show the console centric focus with the need to work around controller limitations.

Sometimes I wish I'd been more into gaming on consoles as I have a feeling these things wouldn't be as bothersome as they are now if I were more used to the silliness :P

6 years ago

Well QTE'S was a decent idea just way over used and most of the time used in the wrong manner.It felt more like a chore than interaction.
I just don't get the fun or point of mashing on a key/button as fast as you can to interact with an object/door that is not fun nor very interactive it just slows down the game in a stupid way.Then the sections of split second QTE events and if you fail one section it's back to the beginning so most of the time you end up replaying the same section several times just because of QTE's.

Square seems to still think we want them and we love them and a lot of us don't but for some god awful reason, they and other publishers from Japan seem to think otherwise.They really need to learn who plays their games and what they like instead of thinking just because there own people like it surely everyone else does.

At the least make it an option to turn them off and replace them it with straight up cut scene I would rather watch a long cut scene then muck about with lame QTE's

Though really QTE'S actually at one time stood for Quick Timer Events like press A to dodge out of the way of a falling rock or avoid being punched now they are used is just annoying and way over done.

6 years ago*

In this one language, English, the word 'zombie' happens to start with 'Z', and 'Zed' happens to be the pronunciation of this mysterious letter. However, in this alternate reality called Scotland, one may also refer to it as 'Izzard', for whatever beastly reason.

6 years ago

Thanks for sharing that was something I did not know but yeah saying watch out for that "Izzard" just does not seem as terrifying as Zombie or Zed.

6 years ago

Actually enlightening. Thanks

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

6 years ago

Is season pass from NA Square Enix Store region locked or is it possible to activate in EU Steam?

6 years ago

I would have bought it, but i already own all of the tomb raider games...

6 years ago

I would really love to get RotTR but I have no credit card.
So if anyone would be willing to buy the monthly I can buy games or items from the Steam store with Steam Wallet.
Just add me on steam

6 years ago

You don't need a credit card when your bank account is linked to PayPal and direct debit is enabled.
I can confirm PayPal offers this option in Austria.

Edit: I don't think you will find somebody willing to trade real money for Steam wallet unless you overpay.

6 years ago*

I don't need the monthly, so the buyer could keep all the other games.

6 years ago

Why not buy some keys, and trade it?

6 years ago

Because I have only steam Wallet

6 years ago

That's what i meant. Buy CSGO keys, trade with them.
(might be a good idea to have a public inventory btw.)

6 years ago

Ok, sorry
Never did anything like that, so need to see how this works

6 years ago

Well, buy csgo keys, wait till they're tradeable, trade for them. You might make a slight loss though.
(i'd be interested btw.)

6 years ago

I have bought some, they are traceable after 9/11

6 years ago

FYI, the price may go down slightly if you're willing to wait until the monthly fully unlocks in October-- more copies of RotTR will make their way to the trade market-- not just those who pre-ordered the monthly.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

6 years ago

Thanks, I joined the group for exactly that reason as someoneelse pointed out that I should do this

But my phone died before I was able to ask there

6 years ago

How do I cancel my subscription after I purchase the bundle just this once?

6 years ago

Simply go to your user settings (right top corner) and cancel your plan.

6 years ago

Can I do it right after I bought the bundle?

6 years ago

I suppose so, as soon as the transaction is on its way and the keys are visible to you. Though you could wait for the money to change hands, just to be sure... but technically it shouldn't make a difference, so i'd say yeah, no problem.

6 years ago

Thanks! I'm afraid that if I wait I might end up forgetting about it and get charged when the day comes. lol

6 years ago

Thank you!

6 years ago

This is it, folks. My first ever Humble Monthly! Been waiting for months for a good early unlock to start subbing <3 Here's hoping it wouldn't be a massive disappointment when the whole bundle is revealed

6 years ago

Don't worry about it, I feel like there are a bunch of great and original, creative games each month, personally, including some I never would have known about or that will never be bundled, or at least any time soon (though, of course, a number do get rebundled). I only wish I had subscribed a month sooner than I did, maybe.

6 years ago

Most of it are well worth the money, except for a couple of months that I observed. I wish I had gotten the XCOM 2 Monthly though. That was a mistake for me to skip

6 years ago

The question is: Do you eat your vegetables?

If you are picky then you will be disappointed
If you are not then HBM is great for you!

6 years ago

No, not really.

Games, on another hand, are mostly fine with me since I like to try new things. I just hope they'll release recent or games that didn't see a major discount yet to the bundle. Also, crossing fingers for games that I haven't owned yet

6 years ago

According to Humble Bundle on Facebook, the value is only 100$ in the next bundle. Might just be a bad advertisement, or we may look at the lowest valued monthly bundle in history.

View attached image.
6 years ago

Uffff.... I'll wait for further updates before adding this to the OP. It depresses me too much :D
Thank you for the info though!

6 years ago

Yeah, I doubt it's accurate, and that it's just their advertisement team that's forgot to add "more than" 100$.

6 years ago

That's just a bad advertisement. They did the same for May and June bundles (171 and 165$).

6 years ago

At least both those says "over 100$", which is completely missing from this month.

6 years ago

I see "over" 100$ on the image, but not in the text. We can expect more than 100$ only :p

View attached image.
View attached image.
6 years ago*

Yeah, but in this month's you can't even see it in the image. I still think it's just bad advertisement though.

6 years ago

Fair assessment but I wanted Tomb Raider and it's still cheaper even when it's discounted on Steam (best discount so far). Sooo....

6 years ago

I bothered to ask:
The Monthly Bundle main page shows that October has "over $100 in games", so to characterize the bundle as being a "100 value" is somewhat inaccurate. As for the cost of Rise of the Tomb Raider, this is the standard version of the game. The 20 Year Edition is valued at $60, so it's fair to say that Rise of the Tomb Raider Standard is of lesser value, but still a whole bunch of fun.

6 years ago

Good job. :)

6 years ago

I have a question:
I paused the October monthly, (I'm not interested in Tomb rider).
Now, however, I'm interested in using the 10% discount on the Humble store.
If I remove the pause I will be charged for the actual October monthly immediately?
If i "unpause", use 10% discount, then pause again, what happens? I don't want charged for the actual monthly.
Is it possible? Thank you.

6 years ago

I'm a bit late, sorry.

You can unpause, you won't be charged immediately. You're charged a few days before the end of the Monthly, or immediately if you click on "Get the bundle" (or something like that) to get the "star" game early.
So you can unpause, purchase on the Store and pause, you won't pay for Tomb Raider.

But anyway, don't fear Humble. If you forget to unpause and are charged, you can ask for a refund, they're not greedy monsters.

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

6 years ago

can i buy with Visa prepaid card ??? thanks

6 years ago

yes, if it is supported by Stripe payment gateway.
The ones not supported are those where the cards require 2 factor authentication mandatorily.

6 years ago

Rise of the Tomb Raider season pass is currently on sale at HB:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-season-pass

6 years ago

nahh costs too much

6 years ago

Is the “Blood Ties” story part of the standard edition of RotTR?

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Is it only part of the $30 Season Pass? If so, then I'll definitely skip this one...

6 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

6 years ago

Yes, I just checked. It's part of the 20 Year Celebration Pack which is $10 when not on sale. i might still consider it then...

6 years ago

Anyone knows if is region locked ? I'm from brazil but wanted to trade with someone from another country....

6 years ago

Depende de onde a outra pessoa é. Eu comprei para mim mesmo e quando ativei só apareceu Rise of the Tomb Raider - Standard Edition. Mas se a outra pessoa for de algum país como Russia, pode ser que tenha restrição sim. O ideal é que ele te dê um giftlink e não a key, assim as chances de conseguir ativar são maiores.

6 years ago

Vlw, eu dei trade via giftlink e deu boa

6 years ago

Already bought and played the game, but I'm not pausing my subscription.

6 years ago

The standard edition retails at 59.99? I thought it was the 20th Anniversary edition that retails at that price range.

6 years ago

Hey guys. I have a question. This is my first Monthly but I'm not planning to subscribe for the following month. It says in my receipt that I will be billed again on October 27th, which is past the October reveal. So, my question is that, let's say if I cancel my subscription anytime after 6th October (games revealed) and before 27th, do I still get the November early unlock?

6 years ago

You will only get the next month's early unlock when you pay for that month. So, if you cancel after the October reveal, you won't get November's early unlock.

~David.

6 years ago

How does the active subscribers get their early unlock games every month? Immediately after revealed or after they're billed (for the ones paying every month)? If it's the latter, I'll just go ahead and cancel my subs right away.

6 years ago

You get the game after you're billed.

For example: I got the last months, but I didnt click "unlock now", so I'm still subscribed, but didnt get TR yet.
This month on the 29th i'll be billed, then I get TR. I could've clicked "buy now" everytime since the reveal, to get billed instantly and get TR instantly

6 years ago

Ah, so there's an Unlock button. I thought they early unlock would be automatically available to all subscribers. I guess there's no point in holding off cancelling my subscription, I might forgot =.=

Anyways, thanks for your help! It clears things up for me.

6 years ago

The only difference is the 10% you get in the Humbe Store.
I cancelled my sub immediateley and lost the discount (was in July so maybe it changed, because as i understand the faq i should've kept the discount, till the complete reveal of the monthly)

6 years ago

Hmm.. I don't think I'll be doing shopping at the Humble Store anytime soon but I'll keep that in mind.

6 years ago

As an active subscriber you get to choose to pay ahead of time and get the early unlock or you can just wait till you get billed automatically if you don't cancel your subscription in the meantime (hope I got it right, paused for several months myself before this one)

6 years ago

So basically if you want the early unlock, you can opt to pay early and get the game, right? Guess I'll just unsubbed immediately then. I might forgot if real life suddenly gets hectic or something

6 years ago

Exactly. And you will get the rest of the monthly pack anyway, even if you are unsubbed at the time of release. I do use the skip a month option most of the time though because you always get a reminder email every month. So I just opt if I want to skip and decide again when I get the next email.

6 years ago

What's the advantage of the skip a month option compared to just unsubscribing? Do you still retain the 10% store discount bonus (not that I buy a lot in their store anyway)? I remember when I bought the bundle and unsubscribed right away not buying any Monthly for several months, I could use the new subscriber coupon again after like 3 or 4 months and even got a welcome gift store credit. So I think unsubscribing right after buying is still preferable to pausing, at least when you only buy that bundle very rarely (my decision is mostly based on early unlocks... I'm not the gambling type)

6 years ago

First monthly for me :)

6 years ago

October's Humble Original is Getting Over It by Bennett Foddy (you may know him for the game QWOP).

6 years ago

Thanks! Updated!

6 years ago

This shit can be described with just one word - Pathetic. :D

6 years ago

Steam release in December! :)

6 years ago

oh k cool

6 years ago

are you going to write "k" under every thread now? xD

6 years ago

Nah, was just fooling around writing K to see peoples reaction.

Yours are kinda friendly, thanks, I love you <3 :)

6 years ago

🔔 Last hours before Autocharge for this month wll occur so if you want to pause/cancel do it now ! 🔔

6 years ago*

I already have it and of course completely forgot to unsubscribe...

6 years ago

Dang it, another month that Humble Bundle gets my 12 dollars without me remembering to pause or unsuscribe. I'm starting to think that my subconscious really want to have all the monthly bundles and is playing with me...

6 years ago

Pause right now for the next month...

6 years ago

They keep me in with that 10% discount on everything, I always end giving them the monthly fee + one or two good bundles along the month + maybe 1 or 2 games on the store. As a no-so-good consolation at least I'm donating some money to charity, right??

6 years ago

It's how it's supposed to be. Who really know where all our money goes? :)

6 years ago

Season Pass is on sale now (-60%, 48 hours)

6 years ago*

So no leaked other games yet? :/

6 years ago

The only leak I remember when it comes to Humble Monthly was One Piece: Burning Blood (August 2017) .

6 years ago

yep, i hope there will be another leak this month

6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.