Hello Steamgifters! It is time for a special Halloween GosW adventure!

All of us like playing games, and all of us like winning games. So, how about playing a game and winning games while playing?

• Introduction

Game of sWords is a text RPG Adventure where you can explore dungeons, upgrade your hero, find useful items, weapons and artifacts, avoid deadly traps, fight dangerous monsters and interact with other players while searching for treasures (private SteamGifts giveaways links) on your way and trying to complete a quest to get access to a huge amount of private giveaways! Each quest has a limited number of winners split between 3 available classes - Barbarian, Wizard and Thief, so the chances in each giveaway will always be great.

All giveaways have no restrictions, so anyone who finds them can join them!

A lot of giveaways have been contributed by the community members, and I would like to say a big Thank You to everyone who made a contribution! :)

Here is the topic of Quest for Dungeon Heart #2

Here is the topic of Quest for Dungeon Heart #1

Here is the topic of the third Game of sWords 3.0

Here is the topic of Game of sWords 2.0

And here is the topic of the first one, which started back in November last year.

• Important notes about the Game

Your hero has Energy Points and Health Points.
Most of the actions require Energy Points. Energy can be replenished using items which you can find everywhere, thus it is important to check everything around you!

Energy also replenishes over time and that time can be reduced with special artifacts that can be found during the adventure.
Note, that the Energy won't be replenishing during the battles (you can only restore it with potions)!

If you lose all your Health Points, you will also lose all the Energy you had plus you will have to wait for a few hours to be resurrected. Energy can not be replenished while you are dead!

Note: If you have problems navigating through the map, you can switch to Simplified Navigation at the bottom right corner.

I highly recommend to visit sWords Library that has a lot of other useful information that will help you in the adventure

• Commands you can use in chat:

You can trade with other adventurers through the Chat using following command: /trade *amount* *item(s) you have* for *amount* *item(s) you want*

E.g.
/trade 5 small healing potions for 3 small energy potions
/trade 5 acceleration scrolls for 100 coins

You can drop items/scrolls/coins/arrows using following command: /drop *amount* *item(s) you have*

You can give items/scrolls/coins/arrows to other adventurer using following command: /give *id* *amount* *item(s) you have*

Note: GosW engine is not properly supported by Internet Explorer (you will encounter all kinds of nasty bugs there) and it is recommended to use one of the following browsers: Chrome (perfect), Opera (perfect) or Firefox (great, but the game works a tiny bit slower and sounds sometimes mess up a little).

Current Winners limits: Barbarians:20, Mages:20, Thieves:20.

Winners get access to all giveaways available in the Game! (60+)

Everyone who finishes the Game after the limit is reached (while it is still runnning) gets 1 random treasure as a consolation prize!

All giveaways end in about a week! The Game will last for a week.

• Time to start the Adventure!

EVERYONE is invited to play the Game and search for treasures in the adventure! :)

The only requirement is that your Steam account should be more than 90 days old.

Join the official group

and

Start playing now!

Leaderboard

Want to suggest an idea to help me improve the game? Post it here! People can upvote or downvote it, and it will help me see what people do and do not want to be implemented. Thank you!

View attached image.
7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Well, it looks like this is the second GoS I won't be able to finish even though I played several hours every day - same thing happened to me in last month's game. I seem to be close to the end :(
I gotta say I didn't enjoy these last two as much as I used to. Higher difficulty is a good thing, the first few rounds were almost too easy, but there's a fine line between challenging and frustrating. For a game to be a positive, fun experience there needs to be a good balance between failure and a feeling of success and IMO this is not the case at the moment. I just never felt like I was rewarded for my endurance, instead my success depended entirely on luck and hoping my fellow players wouldn't take advantage of me.

Either way thanks for all your work in putting together a special Halloween event!

7 years ago*

Quest for Pumpkin is over!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the game, contributed giveaways, and a special huge thanks to everyone who shared their opinion and suggested ways of improving the game!

I plan to take some time now to analyse all the "data" from the latest events and to work on improving the balance to make the experience more enjoyable.

Feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions in GosW or steam group forums - you can unfluence the way the game will be developed further :)

To everyone who completed the quest: Congrats on going through all the challenges of this spooky dungeon, you did a great job! Don't forget to visit sWords Treasury and enter your well-deserved giveaways before they finish :)

7 years ago

Please, have a break between quests at least for a month.
I agree with people, said that making quests too often decreases fun and overall enjoyment.

7 years ago

WTF? I was only like fifteen steps away from the exit with the pumpkin head, and when I turn it on, it's finished??? I thought it was running until the deadline for the giveaways?

7 years ago

Deadline is always shown on quest's entering page (when quest is running or about to run): gameofswords.net/quests

7 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by SErVER51.