https://store.steampowered.com/app/1665460/eFootball_2022/

Did a game finally get a worse recommended percentage than the legendary FlatOut 3?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/201510/Flatout_3_Chaos__Destruction/

It's likely that eFootball will get more players but still, rejoice!

Anyway, I can't wait for FIFA 22, what about you? I think I'm going to have a blast...

reading the reviews.

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Europa Universalis IV's Leviathan Expansion already did that. It has jumped a little now (to 9%, lol) but it was at least as low as 7% back when it was first released. :D

2 years ago

Oh wow. But in that case PES 2021 broke this one's record with 8% positive.

2 years ago

After many years I thought I will try this again, since they decided to migrate the game to the new (Unreal) engine. Now that I saw the overwhelmingly negative reviews, even if it's free to play, guess it's not worth it at this stage..Maybe Konami will fix it, but as people point it out that's a lot of work ahead. Maybe it will change for the better when they upgrade to Unreal engine 5 which is still in early access stage.

2 years ago

Let's just put it this way: I completed Flatout 3.
Flatout 4, on the other hand...

2 years ago

i did have plans to try both but now im having second thoughts. i mostly play offline multiplayer, so i think ill stay with my current setup

2 years ago*

core game engine is the same for console and mobile

2 years ago

Messi's sad face at the games page explain everything

2 years ago

i try it and personally like the game in all physic,graphic,gameplay,audio etc. ,
i also think that i's incredible,wonderful and awesome that the base game it's free ,
Top of all this i noticed that what other soccer games advertising as a new "Nextgen" feature
"Kinetic Air Fight" (players jump in air touch each other and physic react in realtime)
in Efootball2022 have too,but is FREE ¯_(ツ)_/¯
So personally yeah... for now i will not buy fifa22 because for me is enough to play Efootball2022 for having fun about a soccer game and i'm ok happy with it,then i not exclude that maybe i buy fifa22 after next 2 years on discount price or in eaplay deal...

personally i'm totally shocked that this game is free,really can't believe it for the quality the game have to give at me,there is more others videogames with higher price that offer less quality than it.

Also there is something strange in all that bad reviews so fast like this,
There is games in mobile\android cost more than this and is very less high quality than efootbal2022 (that is free) and in pc too (see price of captain tsubasa or games like that),so i really not understand...
most of these reviews don't look written from real gamers account , they write bad about pes\konami but don't write the reason what they don't like about it , or is acount with the same 20 games (and strangegames too) or write lies "Mobile graphic", i never see this graphic\physic on mobile, they write also that the net not have physsic or not move this is another lie too the net move when the ball hit
looks like so these people is write things just for attack the game but without know nothing about it
it looks like to me reviews writter from specialized bots\reviewbombing companies paid by soccers games competitors\shareholders etc. just for make other games sell + for advertisng fifa22 etc....
in my opinion konami wrong to make this game free,they must sell it at 10€ so maybe they avoid these "bad actors".

The game is very realistic,have good ball physic and body players physic too,can move player in more ways,create many differents actions and goals,audio is good etc. i very like it,and i like also the precedent efootball 2021,and also the game include real soccer players and all this for FREE so ...

When i was little people was happy to buy\pay and play games as virtuastriker\kickoff\goal etc. that offer much less than this...
now people can have this,and for free,but not happy?
bah... strange,so or is fake reviews (for marketing opposite soccer game reasons)

or people of today is not able to find happyness in games and want impossible things or maybe want + to be a fanatic to show they own a $599€ piece of plastic\software rather than play a game,and maybe also they is salty that now also poors can play soccer videogames and not only the richs,dot.

2 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 7 months ago.

2 years ago

i did pre-purchase cause iam big fans of PES..
and for the first of my life, i request refund after this come out... worse "new-engine" i ever seen.

2 years ago

i´m not that into this kind of games, but wasnt PES meant to be in competition to fifa and you had to pay for?
efootball is a free to play game, so who did expect to get the same quality / quantity as in PES?

2 years ago

eFootball is a rebranding of PES. The same quality should be expected

2 years ago

oh, pes was free to play as well? then sry, my fault

2 years ago

Oh no PES wasn't free (it had a free trial tho). What I meant was that eFootball is just the new version of PES with the same developers and publishers.
In that way the same quality should be expected, right?

2 years ago

In no way since it is FREE..

2 years ago

Tbh I don't like this "trend" and model but that's a whole other story

2 years ago

Either way, the game is plagued with p2w mtx, so a pay nothing and gamble system works way better than a 60 dollar payment and then gamble system.

2 years ago

if you pay the same amount, sure, why not. but you told, its much cheaper now? so i would also expect a cheaper quality ;)

2 years ago

well I heard that basically they are going to route of Train Simulator one, you can play game, but to get new things you need to pay

2 years ago

They said they'll add the campaign as DLC but no other details. and i just checked train sim's steam page and 639 DLCs? youve got to be kidding me.

2 years ago

well it costs few thousands, but there is much more costlier game (or was, can't remember that or either game's name)
EDIT: couldn't find the article, but Train Simulator costs $10k+ O_O

2 years ago*

I mean that makes sense but free or not, a new game in a fairly good series of games should be up to the mark.
Funny thing is, eFootball is planned to have the same amount of content as the normal PES series games. (campaign as dlc but still)

2 years ago*

Im downloading it just to laugh at the poor spaguetti coding

2 years ago

the game barely functions for a full minute, before the ai completely loses track of the ball and just spasms searching for the animation.
otherwise, in 1 hour i played i didn't see anything meme worthy. i suspect most clips where taken by console players.
the fox engine was better, but i rather have less sports games out there, so it's a positive
hard to imagine how this takes more than 2 years of development

2 years ago*

Found this on the FAQ page and holy crap they're making a joke out of themselves -

"Q4: Will the quality of the console game be downgraded to the level of quality of the mobile games?
eFootball™ aims to be a platform for everyone to enjoy. The game will take full advantage of the hardware capabilities of each supported device. Therefore, users can enjoy higher quality gameplay on next-generation game consoles and high-performance gaming PCs.
Q5: Will next-gen graphics be downgraded to play against mobile users?
We will make graphical adjustments such as simplification of some stadium displays to match the specification of the mobile version, but the next-generation graphics on consoles and PC will not be downgraded."

There have been various screenshots of the game's awful graphics that make it look like it's a mobile title. In fact, I'm pretty sure they didn't build the PC/Console version but built the mobile version first and ported it to PC and consoles.

2 years ago*

Well I was excited about eFootball, up until release day. Then I saw the reviews and, furthermore, saw that career mode (manager mode, whatever) isn't even available on release day, the only gamemode I play in football games (I also play local 1v1s occasionally with my friends, but mainly career), so without it I don't even care about the game, at least not until they reintroduce it.

FIFA 22? When I heard that PC will not get the console updated version, I didn't even bother. It looks for me like the same one from last year with some buffs (goalkeepers) and some other tweaks, apart from that, nothing new, nothing spectacular, I heard from a friend that the cutscenes in CM are outright laughable compared to earlier titles. Additionally, I'm not attracted by the arcadey style gameplay, I don't play online, so it does nothing for me. I just want realism in career mode, that's all I ask from a football game. So far PES 2019 was the closest to achieve that for me and FIFA seems to move in the opposite direction when it comes to my tastes. In fact, I stopped playing FIFA years ago, so I don't really care about this series anymore. Maybe when they will upgrade the engine, I will give it another try, until then, I won't be paying 60 euros for it yearly.

2 years ago*

The last good FIFA was Road to World Cup 98...

2 years ago

In hindsight, changing their name to eFootball was a smart, calculated business decision. Pro Devolution Soccer doesn't sound as appealing because they went decades backwards in core gameplay, graphics and presentation.

2 years ago

I went looking for a positive review... and finally found one:

it will be an awesome game after they will add more content

Pretty much says it all.

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.