東方幕華祭 (Tōhō maku hana matsuri) ~ Touhou Fantastic Danmaku Festival.

COMPATIBILITY: Windows.
LENGTH: 6 Stages + 1 Extra.
LANGUAGE: Full CHN.
DIFFICULTY: Easy on lowest, Lunatic on highest.
PERSONAL RATING: ★★★★☆ - Chinese Touhou fangame that seems to remake EoSD (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil).
DOWNLOAD: Click - Mirror
OFFICIAL SITE: Click
CONTROLS: Arrows: Movement - Z: Shoot X: Bomb - L-Shift: Focus.

Ok, I wanted to change from the CAVE style, but I didn't wanted to abandon the Bullet Hell subgenre. Originally a game from the Le'en would have appeared here, since I didn't wanted to put Touhou fangame because most of them require some knowledge of the series, but I found these a little more hard than expected and I don't want to overwhelm people yet, don't make me regret this choice :P. But since this one is a remake from a game of the main series (or atleast seems to be, I don't understand chinese), I think it doesn't require any knowledge from the series really (even tho they changed two characters, Patchouli is no longer the stage 4 boss, instead she is a playable character for some reason. Rumia is gone, instead she is replaced by Nyx, an "original" character).

Anyways, let's go to mechanics, shall we? If you played Touhou, this one works like DDC with some minor difference that you'll quickly notice. If you never played any Touhou game on the past, then I'll explain the basics: Score system revolve around grazing, collecting items and defeating enemies as fast as possible. Bosses have something called "The Spellcard system", they have various health bars, and when they reach a certain point, they throw a spellcard. While the spellcard last, if you don't miss and don't bomb, you get a bonus for "capturing" it, if you did either, you get nothing. You also get something called POC (Point of Colletion) that's located on the top part of the screen, when you get there, you auto collect all items on the screen. That's about it. Couldn't find a translation patch for this neither, and it's in full Chinese, but the story seems to be same as EoSD with some minor changes, so those who played it aren't missing much. As like most Touhou games, it's really generous when it comes to lives and bombs.

Also Extra seems to be stupid hard, gave it some more tries but I can't do it, some of the Flandre spells are way too hard (well... most of them). On the other side I found normal pretty easy (with the exception of Remilia).

NOTICE: You need to do one of those two steps to play this game: Either set your locale to Chinese, or just download Locale Switch. AppLocale doesn't work as reported here.

Replay (Marisa). Quite old replay... Did it almost at the start of the spotlight, so no comments about this one. Hopefully shouldn't desync, haven't checked myself. Tell me if it does.

So the requirements this time are:

• Post a replay of yourself clearing the game, this can be done on any difficulty. Replay should have your SG nickname.
  • It should be a .rpy file, named thmhj_xx (xx=numbers) , any other file will be ignored.
  • It should be uploaded in a trustworthy host. If MyWot doesn't show perfect green on the site, it will be ignored.

DEADLINE: 9/7 - Deadline met.

Once you did this, and I checked that it was a valid rep, you'll be invited to a group with the giveaway posted on the forums as a private link.

When the giveaway ends, everyone in the group will be kicked and you will need to provide a new replay on the last game presented.

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

k.

9 years ago

You should probably post a mirror here as well.

9 years ago

Done.

9 years ago

For chrome users who have the mirror reported as malicious,go to your downloads tab(type chrome://downloads in the address bar or press ctrl+j by default),then click on recover malicious file->hurt me plenty.

9 years ago

Yah, silly chrome. I was like "Where did my download go?! =O"

9 years ago

看到度娘盘顿感亲切
Baidu netdisk, auhh

9 years ago

Easy 1cc with Reimu link. I watched my replay and it doesn't desync. Funny that i noticed enemy position indicator only after watching replay. I also checked your replay, first stage runs fine but if i choose to begin from stage 6 it desyncs, maybe it won't desync if you watch it from start to finish but i didn't tried that.

9 years ago

Invited. And yes, my replay seems to desyncs on the beginning of stage 6 even if you watch it from the start sigh. I'll try to come with another one.

9 years ago

Normal 1cc with Patchouli. Patchy's charge attack is really strong. One focused shot can clear out almost anything on screen.

I didn't need the locale program for some reason. Also you can't save replays when continuing. Easy mode is quite easy without continues however. When I did it on easy first, I had max lives until the last spell card. For those that don't know, you can get life pieces on any spell/nonspell as long as you don't die. Bombing is okay.

9 years ago

Invited, thought that you could save replays with continues, I'll change that on the post. Yes, Patchy is a beast in this game provided you can micromanage her charge attack.

9 years ago

Did another replay, this time with Sanae, but it desyncs again on the beginning of Stage 6 :(. Can't find what causes it...

9 years ago

Any tips for stage 5? I finished 1-4 without using any bombs and 1 life to an unlucky hit - and 4 lives/6 bombs on stage 5. There are too many bullets so there ain't any reachable safe spots,enemies don't die as fast,and the hitboxes in that stage seem to be awfully big,too.

9 years ago

You're stuck on the Stage portion or Sakuya? For the Stage portion try to remember the enemies position and defeat them as soon as they appear, especially the Fairies (they have quite a lot of health tho, only way to defeat them quickly is either with Patchouli or Marisa). Also use your bombs, you don't get any kind of penalization for using them on the Stage part.

9 years ago

Last 24 hours. Also wanted to say that next one is the last spotlight.

9 years ago

Deadline met.

9 years ago

Any chance you can extend it by an hour or so?

9 years ago

Ok. Can extend it for another day, but closed it now because I didn't see the point of doing so. If you (or the others) want to give it another try I'll extend it.

9 years ago

I actually managed to finish it a few minutes ago,uploaded my replay,found the thread - and "Deadline met." It wasn't there when I started playing :C

Turns out that I've simply been using the wrong character. I've managed to reach Koakuma with Marisa and Remilia's second spellcard with Reimu after numerous tries,and here I am 1ccing it on my first real attempt with Sanae. No luck with patche,even if her autoattack is strong aiming lasers and toggling between spread and direct reduces my concentration on dodging bullets.
Also,what the hell is it with Remilia? I know she's a final boss,but seriously,she has too many spellcards...And most of them are not easy to analyze quickly,I don't think I know how to properly dodge some of them even now. I think in her last one she even has bomb damage immunity..

9 years ago

Invited, also extended the deadline for one more day.

I don't know about Easy (In your replay seems to have on the last spell atleast), but on Normal she has bomb inmunity for the whole fight. Also there's a reason on why I said "except Remilia" on the post :P.

9 years ago

Sanae replay? =O

It's the character I've been using, so your replay might help me quite a bunch. downloads

9 years ago

It went pretty well till last stage. It was my first time reaching that far so I basically dropped a bomb every 20 seconds :C

9 years ago

Sorry, even with the extra day I won't make it.

9 years ago

What are you having the most problems with?

9 years ago

In my best runs, I can reach Sakuya with all my lives and bombs. Then just die a lot... there's just too many knives @_@. Then Nix on stage 6... that galaxy card she has. I go "Oooooh, pretty~" and die a bunch of times. Then I reach the throne with 1 life.

I just need way more practice, and between the hands already tired and the frustration I started dying even on stage 1. I've learned a thing or two at least though, as sometimes I'm able to do the stages part without bombs nor lives.

9 years ago

Well... sorry, but the giveaway ends in 12 hours, so I need to close the deadline now. Anyways, if you give it another try and happen to clear it, post your replay and if I happen to watch it before the giveaway ends I'll invite you.

9 years ago

No problem, I'll just rest my hands for the next spotlight. =D

9 years ago

If you have access to a large screen,it may help,because you can more easily see safe spots.. Also once you reach sakuya,don't take chances,it you think you might get hit bomb right away. Also if you cleared stage 5,you can go to 'practice' and well,practice on that :)

9 years ago

Yup, that's why I did once I changed characters. Rush it to reach stage 6, then practice mode! =D

9 years ago

No-Joystick Hack

I made this mostly for me, but might help others and... it's also untested. It just removes joystick support from the game, as the game employs no deadzone. Thus, I can now use joy2key as it will work better for me. Though maybe it has a command line for the same thing.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.