ALL PRICES IN USD.

There are reports that this is an offer valid in North America only. The keys I obtained from this are not marked ROW, but are also not marked USA or any other region code.

Borderlands 2 GOTY includes:

Borderlands 2

All DLC included in the Season Pass:

--Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty

--Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage

--Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt

--Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep

--Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1

Gaige, the Mechromancer

Krieg, the Psycho

The heads and skins included in the Collector's Edition

The Creature Slaughter Dome

The Gearbox Gun Pack

One Golden Key (included with Mechromancer Pack)

The Vault Hunter's Relic (included with Mechromancer Pack)

GMG charges 34.79 for this.

The 20% voucher code brings this to 27.83.

Assembling your own Borderlands 2 Game of the Year

Green Man Gaming is selling all BL2 pieces for up to 75% off. GOTY is 34.79 USD, but if you add up all the individual pieces necessary to assemble your own GOTY, You save quite a bit.

7.49 Borderlands 2

9.89 Borderlands 2 Season Pass

1.24 Collectors Edition Pack

2.49 Psycho Pack

2.49 Mechromancer Pack

2.49 Creature Slaughter Dome

26.09 total so far.

Now let's add the 20% voucher.

GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7

That code brings the prices down to :

6.00 Borderlands 2

7.92 Borderlands 2 Season Pass

2.00 Psycho Pack

2.00 Mechromancer Pack (includes a Golden Key and The Vault Hunter's Relic)

2.00 Creature Slaughter Dome

1.00 Collectors Edition Pack (Contraband Sky Rocket, and pre-order skins, and Fired Up skins)

20.92 total

Some notes on the Collector's Edition Pack.

Contraband Sky Rocket

Obtained from pre-release editions "Deluxe Vault Hunter's Edition" or "Ultimate Loot Chest Edition" or "Collector's Edition Pack" and can be traded to someone who does not own any of these packs.

Gearbox Gun Pack

Obtained from pre-release editions "Deluxe Vault Hunter's Edition" or "Ultimate Loot Chest Edition" or "Collector's Edition Pack"and can be traded to someone who does not own any of these packs.

Pre-order skins

Obtained from pre-release editions "Deluxe Vault Hunter's Edition" or "Ultimate Loot Chest Edition" or "Collector's Edition Pack" only.

Fired Up skins

Obtained from pre-release editions "Deluxe Vault Hunter's Edition" or "Ultimate Loot Chest Edition" or "Collector's Edition Pack" and can be traded to someone who does not own any of these packs.

Price-wise, there is no reason to get the GOTY edition while you can get the individual pieces for free. You can trade for the items it gives you.

Use the saved money to pick up the Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack 2 (now on sale) and TK Baha's Bloody Harvest (not on sale). The 20% voucher applies to both of these.

I'm still not buying 30 head and skin packs for 0.99 USD each.

WARNING: For some reason, the code would only take 20% off one item in my cart, no matter how few items I added. When I emptied my cart and purchased each item one-at-a-time and added the code each time, it took 20% off each item properly.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I'm surprised that no one seems interested.

shameless self-bump

1 decade ago

Bump. Got one for a friend and you saved me time doing the calculation. Thanks :)

1 decade ago

Hehe. Well, if it were $5, people would be more interested. But $20 for not-full edition (no Halloween DLCs, no Vault Hunter Upgrade 2), that's still quite much.

1 decade ago

It's a lot better than 59.99 for GOTY.

We got used to GOTY editions including every last bit of DLC. Even over the last ten to fifteen years, not every GOTY edition includes everything.

Pretend it isn't a GOTY, and you're saving 59.99 when you buy the GOTY edition for 59.99. This deal I've detailed means you're getting vanilla plus a lot of DLC for 80% price reduction. Most GOTY today aren't giving you such a large discount.

1 decade ago

True, better than 60. But still, it's pretty expensive deal, those 20 - I think you can get both Batmans GOTY and still have $10 for... hmm... Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas GOTY?

As for big discounts - every GOTY that will appear on GMG has chance to be at same level of discount - 75% from base and additional 20% from voucher. B2 isn't first and won't be last.

1 decade ago

Fallout: New Vegas GOTY didn't include everything. They released the Ultimate Edition at a later date which did include everything.

1 decade ago

There was Fallout New Vegas GOTY? I was pretty sure Ultimate Edition was just longer name for GOTY, just like Skyrim's Legendary Edition (instead of GOTY).

1 decade ago

Oops, I was thinking of Oblivion. They released a Game of the Year edition, then released a bunch of DLC later. This was later rolled into one "Game of the Year Edition Deluxe."

I assumed FNV did the same.

1 decade ago

If I had any money I'd definitely buy this for some friends. Thanks for sharing :p

1 decade ago

Lucky you. Borderlands 2 by itself is $12.50 for me.

1 decade ago

Can't place order in GMG cause I'm not in UK....... T_T

1 decade ago

i am not in the UK, and it worked with me

1 decade ago

use proxy

1 decade ago

I'm not from the UK and I can buy games from them just fine. Except for the region exclusive titles.

1 decade ago

Use PayPal, it bypasses the restriction that most banks have.

1 decade ago

i got it :D
thanks for the info

1 decade ago

I was wondering what the real difference was between buying the GOTY and just getting the base game with the season pass.

1 decade ago

Like with BL1, I'm going to wait until the GOTY (the real GOTY) is 3.75€. I don't want to support their DLC nonsense.

1 decade ago

The "real GOTY" doesn't include all of the DLC anyway so unless they release another 'GOTY' edition you'll still be waiting for a real one.

1 decade ago

They're going to have new content DLCs, which the current GOTY does not include.

1 decade ago

It is also going to be the last GOTY as well. GOTY does not magically mean you get all DLC for $5.

1 decade ago

Then they won't get my money. Simple as that.

1 decade ago

Have fun not playing BL2 then, since everyone else will without you. Simple as that.

1 decade ago

You forgot to include the second ultimate upgrade pack. It doesn't get included with the season pass.

Also consider that you have to buy each item with the 20% off code one at a time. You can't add all of them to your cart and expect 20% off all of it. The voucher is only good for 1 item at a time. Annoying, but it works.

1 decade ago

I included the second upgrade pack when I originally posted this.

I also included the buy-one-at-a-time bug when I originally posted this.

Also, I noticed that the Collector's Edition includes the Gearbox Gun Pack. So there's literally nothing in the GOTY edition that cannot be had piecemeal.

1 decade ago

Ok.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Cheeseburgermafia.