July 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ July 31st, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† August 7th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe Edition

Void Bastards

Railway Empire

Vikings - Wolves of Midgard

๐Ÿ”‘ Full list of subs from an EU purchase

Notes:

1. A bonus game will be unlocked on August 7th if you don't pause / cancel your subscription. source
  2. Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Season One {sub/468788} (corresponds to this store bundle) = includes 4 DLCs.
  3. Free to claim: Age of Wonders: Planetfall Wallpaper

๐ŸŽฎ Games (Bonus: Vikings - Wolves of Midgard):

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe Edition No user reviews (Included game has cards) - 9.00 CV sub/339107 0 $59.99
Void Bastards 88% of 2320 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/857980 W M 1 $29.99
Railway Empire 81% of 4152 โค ๐Ÿ† 7.50 CV app/503940 W L 0* $49.99
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock Season One 83% of 1269 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV (base game?) sub/468788 W 0 $71.96
Yuppie Psycho 95% of 1474 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.50 CV app/597760 W M L 1 $16.66
Beat Hazard 2 92% of 802 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.85 CV app/618740 W 0 $18.99
Sigma Theory 79% of 641 - ๐Ÿ† 2.70 CV app/716640 W M L 0* $17.99
Metal Unit 82% of 389 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1173200 W 0 $14.99
Don't Escape: 4 Days to Survive 99% of 639 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/611760 W M 0 $14.99
Verlet Swing 95% of 128 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/811870 W M 1 $14.99
Basingstoke 82% of 147 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/336940 W M L 0 $29.99
EARTHLOCK 77% of 226 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/761030 W M L 0 $29.99
Vikings - Wolves of Midgard 57% of 2385 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/404590 W M L 0* $29.99

Battlestar Galactica Deadlock is one key that activates the following:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Reinforcement Pack (DLC) 91% of 23 (Base game has cards) - 4.99 CV 0 app/692080 W 0 $4.99
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: The Broken Alliance (DLC) 100% of 22 - - 9.99 CV 0 app/726560 W 0 $9.99
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Anabasis (DLC) 47% of 34 - - 9.99 CV 0 app/879240 W 0 $9.99
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock: Sin & Sacrifice (DLC) 88% of 18 - - 14.99 CV 0 app/1001150 W 0 $14.99
Battlestar Galactica Deadlock 83% of 1269 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV 0 app/544610 W 1 $39.99

Retail:

• $79.95

* = Included in a special bundle (Pick & Mix, Mystery, Build-a-Bundle etc.) and does not count as "bundled"

Retail:

• $338.55

Humble Original / Extras:

Grotto (DRM-Free)
Popup Dungeon Sneak Peek (DRM-Free)

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

All those promises of not rebundling games into Humble Monthly haven't been kept in the latest Choice bundles. How does this make you feel?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] I donโ€™t mind rebundles at all, they take at most a couple of choices and I can make my friends happy with some giveaways or trade them for other unowned games.
[New subscription] Regardless of the overall opinion, I love IGN for giving me exposure to new, high quality games.
[Maybe subscribe] They might be good games indeed, but Iโ€™m not sure itโ€™s value for money. I need to think it through.
[Pause] As a longtime subscriber, I find that many of the higher-tier games are getting rebundled and this is not giving me much of a "choice." any more.
[Cancelling] Remembering to pause every month has become a mental chore for me. Better just end it once and for all.
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] While I enjoy reading the new reveals and comments, in the end I'm usually glad that I am not a subscriber.

An other pause it looks like.

Also that 2$ bribe was pretty weak.

3 years ago*

+1

3 years ago

+

Slightly interested in a few games, but they cheaper to buy separately in my region. And those developers will get more money that way. And I don't really want to play them in near future anyway.

Oh, and I bought previous month's subscription only to get The Messenger OST for my Steam OSTs collection. But it wasn't Steam version โ€” just some torrent file :\

And they refused to make a refund.

Humble mostly sucks nowadays :(

3 years ago

You're fast as ever. <3

3 years ago

Pause, yet again. I bought the 12 month sub in December 2018, and still have 2 or 3 months left to claim.

3 years ago

same :(

3 years ago

I mean....that's your own fault.

3 years ago

Why so?

3 years ago

December 2017, and counting :D

3 years ago

covid19๐Ÿ˜†

3 years ago

with 12-13$ i buying 2 good game๐Ÿ˜ท

3 years ago

Hard pass. Just came back from Humble to pause.

3 years ago

M.E.H.

3 years ago

Wtf happened to Humble bundle? They used to give out good games every month.. I wouldn't buy this bundle even if it was โ‚ฌ2..

3 years ago

IGN bought them :>

3 years ago

you make it sound like they bought them now, not few years ago

3 years ago

3 years ago, right, have no other explanation ยฏ_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

3 years ago

People dramatize but the better change from the (mostly) mystery Monthly to the Choice with all content laid out for you to decide has happened under them.

3 years ago

It takes time for a new corporate overlord to ruin the brands they buy. This happens in the corporation buyout world often. Just look at what happened to Blizzard when Activision bought them.

With that said, I don't entirely blame IGN. The gaming market has changed, and I just don't think game developers are willing to give their "good" games to bundles anymore, unless there is a lot of DLC they can upsell later on.

3 years ago

JaFa I think my best example for that is Gamestop eating and killing ThinkGeek, followed by anyone who has sold their soul to Epic

3 years ago

We had some of the best monthlies every after IGN bought them-

3 years ago

"I wouldn't buy this bundle even if it was โ‚ฌ2"

I don't believe you.

Void Bastards is a really fun game, that alone would make me buy it for ยฃ2.

3 years ago

The issue was that in December of 2019, Void Bastards was already in the Humble Choice. Preventing most people from redeeming it again. There has never been a repeat in the Humble Choice yet here it is. Also, with the new stance on key resellers and heavy handed bans on people doing so; people can't easily trade keys to their friends using Humble Links.

3 years ago

Void Bastards hasn't been in any Humble Choice or Monthly, it was in a more expensive bundle a while back, but not a monthly or choice bundle.

3 years ago

i see now why they offered 9 bucks for 12 month plan

3 years ago

I've tended to stick up for recent monthlies--but 'Void Bastards' wasn't even that long ago in the same recurring bundle. Are they assuming we're trading these things?

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Ah, I misremembered. Then I'd imagine many will be happy to get it.

I have it already, and thought it came out of a monthly. It's one of only two games I want here.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Actually it was on a leakd image of the first ever choice bundle, but it turned out to be the only game that got changed from the leak. Later Void Bastards appeard in the Australian fire relief bundle if I'm not mistaken.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

According to leaks it was going to be in Choice #2, then the leaks proved correct except for it - it was probably moved at the last minute to the Australia Fires Relief bundle back then.

3 years ago

Ok, I think this is the worst Montly/Choice ever, by a long shot. I have 2 games in wishlist which I will get in trade, but really they should be ashamed of themselves for this one.

3 years ago

I also think this is the worst humble choice , there is not a single game that interest me

3 years ago

The new low for Choice. I don't want to devalue some decent games, but talking as a whole.

3 years ago

Humble Choice.. the gift that keeps on giving.. giving disappointment

3 years ago

I am with you. I am not terrible picky but his is .. weak.

3 years ago

Didn't skip a single time since choice came... but this... this really sucks.

edit: Oh, lol. You will get another mystery game for this month.

3 years ago

Hidden bonus game again this month.

Bonus last month was Boundless, which was in a bundle just recently (that I bought just for Boundless)

3 years ago

This is the absolute worst monthly for me, immediate pause.

3 years ago

Already have void bastards and yuppie psycho is the only other game that interests me. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

3 years ago*

A lot of not-that-great indie games this month. Void Bastards, Railway Empire and maybe Beat Hazard 2 seem fine to me.

3 years ago*

The Don't Escape series is very good, and I highly recommend it to people interested in its genre. But I got 4 during this sale, and while I could refund it and get the bundle, I'd rather not, and it's the only game I'd really care about.

3 years ago

Do you recommend "Don't Escape Trilogy" which is now 1.99 on Steam? They look much simpler but the series would be complete.

3 years ago

You can actually play the trilogy for free off of Steam (unless they've been taken down, but they used to be freely available at least) if you want to check them out without spending money. That being said, they're short games, but quite fun, and with lots of different things to do. I'd definitely say give them a go, whether on Steam or off it. Steam does have achievements that aren't hard to get, if you're into that. =P

3 years ago

My last purchase was March.. because my friend pedro.. since its just pause pause pause.. its really not promising anymore.

3 years ago

6/12 owned. Most of the games I even got from Humble..... This is getting worse and worse. Every month it is more rebundles and cheap fillers. And I don't think I will buy Choice just to gift it 100%. Usually I was defending Humble but wow......

3 years ago

I think you guys just like to complain. The bundle isn't that bad. If it's not to your taste, you pause. No need for the dramatics.

3 years ago

Usually I am thinking the same.

3 years ago

agreed

3 years ago

People are allowed to express their opinion, saying you like or dislike a bundle is not dramatics.

3 years ago

No, it's not. The repeated crying in every single thread about the quality supposedly going down, however, is!

3 years ago

If the quality is going down with each choice then obviously the "cries" will just keep on coming.

3 years ago

That's subjective. I wasn't crazy about last month's, but I rather like this month's spread. I think it's a pretty great selection to be honest. Indie games shouldn't be devalued because they're indie. Most games I've played the most have been indie games.

3 years ago

You're right, it's subjective.
But that's what makes reviews/ratings, if majority thinks it's bad, then it probably bad is.
Although this one isn't that bad, I just don't see any games this time, which would "make" me buy this bundle.
I will look into the games a little bit more and maybe I will change my mind.

3 years ago

I tend to agree with that sentiment. Different opinion โ‰  crying.

3 years ago

"Bwaaaaah this is the worst ever, not worth even two cents sob sob"

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

The first two are enough for me. Tell me about basingstoke

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

roguelike is just too broad a term. I loved the original rogue, but when games like FTL and This War of Mine are both deemed roguelike, it's a meaningless term

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Same here, mate! AoW: Planetfall, Railway Empire, Void Bastards, and, unlike you, I am more for this Earthlock, whatever it is :D Basingstoke and that 4 Days thingy look interesting too!

I like it!

3 years ago

In case anybody has claimed Earthlock Festival of Magic on Xbox with Games with Gold a few years ago, the new version is free to install as well on Xbox giving you 2 sets of achievements.

It is one of 2 games I am skipping from this bundle because of this. I just need to find another game to skip.

3 years ago

Oh I didnโ€™t know about the new version, I remember having some fun with it from Gold a while ago, though I donโ€™t think I ever even finished it, haha.

3 years ago

The new Earthlock won't show up in your Xbox library so just install it from the store. As long as you already have Earthlock Festival of Magic in the past the improved newer version will still be free to install.

3 years ago

Im on the fence but thinking about the price of Planetfall and the full BG season alone make it worth the rest of the titles I have or are not too keen about.

3 years ago

nice

3 years ago

Damn, I didnt remember the new Humble Choice was coming out today, first time Im not interesed in anything, not even trading. Plus Summer Sale looks like a better way to increase in fat backlog.

3 years ago

Happy with this month. Been lurking on BSG since release knowing it would be bundled on day.
Exactly 10 not owned yet, so no hard choice this month.

3 years ago

I don't own any of these. Heck I haven't even heard of most of them. But I feel the genre spread is fairly good this time around. I'm interested in trying them.

3 years ago

The variety of genres has never been weak in the Choices. Every of the ones I got so far has always had those two games of genres I don't care much for, which made the choice of the 2 to exclude much easier.

3 years ago

Only interested in Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe Edition and EARTHLOCK. They've been repeating abit much for the Choice bundle. Void Bastards? What are they thinking about people getting duplicates? :/

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

It wasn't in monthly but in Humble Australia Fire Relief Bundle.
So... yeah, if people buy all (or most of) HB bundles then it's a duplicate for them.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Do people do that? I only buy bundles if there's a game me or a friend wants. Either way, I don't have this game.

3 years ago

I myself didn't, but I can see lots of people who did.
It's just kind of meh if you bought the HB FRB mainly for the Void Bastards and now you see, that they sell it again for much cheaper.

3 years ago

Considering the price, I would bet that most people did not buy it. That includes myself.

3 years ago

I bought the Australia Bundle, played the game for 30+ hours on Xbox game pass, still ended redeeming the game on steam so I can play it occasionally...and I know this copy of VB will be popular in any group's GA. (even on ST, VB was a hot title before this monthly came out)

For 11$ I'm fine with an extra mystery game, 3 games added to personal library and a few good titles to give away :)

3 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

It wasnt in a Monthly as others mentioned but I remember that Humble Monthly was games that you'll not see in any of their bundles thus making them valuable mystery games(I could be wrong.) I did not get the Aussie bundle as I dont really want most games.

Whats wrong imo for Void bastards at least is, they should 1st show up in a monthly then in a bundle. If it was release in that manner than I have no opinion on it. However, starting to see a trend, Hellblade, XCom 2. etc.
Cheers~

3 years ago

They put Hellblade back in july 2019 and now again in june 2020... so yeah thats hurt.

3 years ago

I was excited by choice from their launch till March, I subbed but last 3 months hasnt been that amazing. On the upside, it saves my token and my classic plan. I dont any discount when I renew my plan after spending my last token sadly.

Hellblade, XCom2, I also remember Rise of Tomb Raider, at 1st it seems a good gesture for people whom miss it. Now its seems like a leverage of high value past games to bring the value up on the bundle. At least we have a choice of pausing(at least for now). ^^
Cheers~

3 years ago

In case anybody has claimed Earthlock Festival of Magic on Xbox with Games with Gold a few years ago, the new version is free to install as well on Xbox giving you 2 sets of achievements.

3 years ago

Good info, thks <3

3 years ago

Your welcome. It is one of 2 games I skipped from my HB Choice July sub, the other I also owned from a previous bundle on Indie Gala. The other 10 games I got were all new to me.

3 years ago

Enjoy your monthly ^^

3 years ago

Pause

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.