The reason I ask is because I've been doing research and I've been conflicted. While you can save $50-$70 by going with the 3GB over the 6GB, more games seem to be using 4GB+ of VRAM. However, there's only a 5-10% decrease in performance when using the 3GB so you really get value for the 3GB.

Thoughts?

7 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Taking 6GB will make sure you can max out settings in game....taking 3 GB won't. Just my opinion

7 years ago

@1080p right?

7 years ago

some games at 1080P with push 3 gigs. like shadows of mordor or doom will push that. so going with 6 will also help future proof the card aswell

7 years ago

yep

7 years ago

I would choose 6GB, think more in the future, and if the diference is ONLY $50, 100% 6GB

7 years ago

Yeah, that's not a huge difference and would help future-proof, I don't want to upgrade my graphics card for at least 2-3 years once I upgrade this time.

7 years ago

6GB i believe worth for 5 years at least. Unless something VERY crazy happens

7 years ago

That's what I ended up going with. I'll shoot you an update when I set it up this weekend :)

7 years ago

Sounds like a big boost for $50.

I would've gone the 6Gb also.

Looking forward to the update

7 years ago

6GB is more future-proof

7 years ago

better textures more vram required > 6 GB future proof for the next 2-3 years

7 years ago

I'd get a Radeon card with 8GB, if you plan to use it for more than 1 year.
Way more future proof, as Nvidia drivers degrade performance on older cards whenever a new generation is released.

7 years ago

Take the one with higher VRAM if you want to have the card for 2-3 years before upgrading.

7 years ago

GTX 1060 GB and 3 GB don't have the same specs. They are slightly different, as like 3 GB version has less CUDA cores and texture units.

So if youi want to have "full" 1060 go for 6 GB version.

7 years ago

6 GB. Definitely.

7 years ago

if you only need 1080P. 3GB enough ~

7 years ago

I guess it mainly depends on your budget and how you use VRAM (resolution, AA, textures, ...)

I'm personally probably going for a 1060 6Gb in a month or so. 3Gb isn't enough for my usage and not that big a bump from my 2Gb 750ti.

7 years ago

I'm in the exact same situation. I have a MSI GTX 750ti 2GB card as well. I ended up finding a MSI GTX 1060 (6 GB) card for $253.00, free shipping, no tax, so I'll let you know how it is. Feel free to add me if you want to talk about it.

7 years ago

I got an Asus one, I overclocked it last week or so for a 20% boost compared to a default 750ti. In Europe GPUs are more expensive though... I'm looking at the EVGA 1060 SC, which in USD is 320 over here

7 years ago

Think of the future my child!

7 years ago

If you want a card to last 3 years then go for the 8gb rx 480- the 6gb will become a limit later on if you want ultra textures and AA, otherwise go for the 6gb 1060

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Long time no see I^v^I

7 years ago

haha. yeah, I'm back, :D thanks!

7 years ago

Good to see you! Hope you're staying for good!

7 years ago

If you have the money go for 6. if you don't save a bit more and go for the 6. If you're gonna play Zuma only go with in-cpu solution.

7 years ago

Game these days at leasy need 4GB VRAM Bro..Choose it wisely :D

7 years ago

I'm not sure why they even make a 3GB version of the 1060. That's not enough vram for 1080p anymore. I'd argue that even 4GB is a questionable purchase, at least if someone wants to use the card for a couple years+. Go with the 6GB :)

7 years ago

Nowadays 4 GB VRAM seems to be the minimum if you want to use the thing for a while. That 3 GB version is sitting on the comfortable "who in their right mind would buy this?" category. (At least the AMD cards are 4 GB and 8 GB, so there a buyer can actually consider getting the smaller one.)

7 years ago

Go Team Red and teach those green assholes a lesson?

7 years ago

7 years ago

6 GB without any doubt. You really don't want to spend money at this point buying something that is going to be behind the curve too fast.
Since depending on the game it can push 4GB, you want the bigger version.

7 years ago

6gb

or take the Sapphire NITRO+ RX 470 (8gb!)

7 years ago

don't buy the 3gb! its not enought to play safe at 1080p right now, not in the future...
for just 35/40€ difference you can get the 6gb

7 years ago

Just get the 6gb. I can explain why but the price difference isn't worth shooting yourself in the foot.

7 years ago

6GB. But myself would choose a RX470 or a RX480 with 8GB.

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.