https://store.steampowered.com/sub/183038/
both game are discounted individually , buying them in a bundle will spend 0,01 cent more

9 months ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

big savings

9 months ago

The saving was so big that´s is now negative.

9 months ago

If u have 1 u must pay it again in the bundle, nice try...xDD

9 months ago

both games are discounted individually

9 months ago

yep but usually get better discount in bundles but not this time :(

9 months ago

Because it's a package, not a bundle.

9 months ago

I mean you aren't wrong, but steam themselves call it "DISHONORED: DEATH OF THE OUTSIDER - DELUXE BUNDLE" and not package. This whole package, bundle, deal, thing is dumb. I have both already so this specific case doesn't affect me anymore, but yeah, it's dumb this even slips by the interns. It's legit a few links they have to check.

9 months ago

Yes, it has a bundle in the name, but it's the wrong type. Packages and bundles both have their pros and cons so I'm ok with that, but it can definitely get confusing, even for the publishers.

9 months ago

It's 41 INR more for the bundle (~0.5 USD)

9 months ago

fixed

9 months ago

I thought for a second there was a price bug when I read 1 cent. :) I assumed you thought the same since you wrote it was "fixed".

What OP ment is that the games are discounted. You can buy both for 11,99EUR in the package. Or buy them separatly for 11,98EUR. Which is 1 cent less.

9 months ago

when you buy them in a bundle usualy there is extra discount but this time u acculy pay more.

9 months ago

For me it's

Price of individual products: £9.98
Cost of this package: £9.99

:')

9 months ago

Price of individual products: 49,60zł
Cost of this package: 51,99zł

+5% anti-discount ;-)

9 months ago

ah..
i thought op post the bundle only cost 1 cent
apparently i cant read

9 months ago

Some packages have fixed prices, so change in games' prices won't affect it. This same week I saw a 22€ bundle with individual games costing less than 6€ (don't remember which one it was, probably the sale is still going with those prices).

But yes it happens rarely, but often enough to be sure to doublecheck the prices of what you're buying.

9 months ago

Bundle is a special discount of a set of products. Wich means if you own something in the bundle already its much cheaper.
The name of this package has bundle in the name. But its not an actual "steam Bundle" but just a sub package. So if you own one game its cheaper to buy the other game individually in this case.

Edit: the 1 cent price difference it you own nothing is just a regular rounding math thing :)
Replied to your comment because it was a more detailed explanation of your answer. Didnt feel the need to make a new own comment.

9 months ago*

There is no actual term "bundle" on steam at all (besides the url itself), it's all just subs. What you are saying does not apply to subs. I believe it's up to the publisher of the sub to decide that. For example, EA is notorious for doing it as the JMM72 described - even if all the games in the sub are discounted, sub price might still be static and it will be more expensive to buy it as a sub. Also, not all subs get discounted if you own part of it (which is just silly, but what do i know)

9 months ago*

This is the type of bundles Im taking about
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15587/Arkane_20th_Anniversary_Bundle/

These bundles take into account if you own something already. The other packages are Sub pages. This link is bundle.

9 months ago

Oh, i had it all wrong then. I get it now, thanks for clarifying. I actually thought it was all just subs, but no, bundle is a thing and they do act differently

9 months ago

9 months ago

I know that was the package you were talking about. I was explaining the difference between a steam bundle and a steam sub/package on how they work and why the package you linked to have a fixed price no matter if you own games in it, and a bundle were you own some of the games.

The link I gave was just an example :)

9 months ago

buying both individually is 24,80 each(so 49,60 total), together its 51,99 xD

9 months ago

I remember going to the college book store (decades ago) to buy a zip disk. Single disks were 9.95, 3 pack was 29.95. Innumeracy tax, I guess.

9 months ago

They probably forgot to lower this bundle undiscounted price when they lowered D2 from $40 to $30

9 months ago

2,39 PLN more for bundle than individual. That's ~0,59 USD

9 months ago

Here's what you save by buying this bundle -6,00€

I always already own something that negates the bundles when these are advantageous!

9 months ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.